• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
DeNA has their work cut out for them...

VGne4oI.png

I really want to see this game make a rebound, but I just can't see it happening. I mean, it CAN happen, but given the timeframe between launch and when they expect the fixes to start rolling out (assuming they're not delayed further), it's not looking the best.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
DeNA has their work cut out for them...

VGne4oI.png

I really want to see this game make a rebound, but I just can't see it happening. I mean, it CAN happen, but given the timeframe between launch and when they expect the fixes to start rolling out (assuming they're not delayed further), it's not looking the best.
Kinda impressive how they messed this one up.....thought this would be a no brainer run-away success. They really thought they could manage with next to know content compare to all the other big gacha titles out there lol.

Still sticking with it, because it looks good xD

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Kinda impressive how they messed this one up.....thought this would be a no brainer run-away success. They really thought they could manage with next to know content compare to all the other big gacha titles out there lol.

Still sticking with it, because it looks good xD
The engagement for it on Serebii was great at the start too but now it's at like Pokémon Duel levels of engagement. It's quite surprising

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I got Hilda again. I still have to use the discounted x10 summon, but I think I'll use it just before it expires.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Tried to pull Brendan/Treecko, forgetting I already had him.

Got Hilbert/Oshawott instead, a top tier support was exactly what I needed so even better.

Also it seems they've updated the AI a little bit? It doesn't leave unused energy for so long, and will actually heal with supports now.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got Brendan after getting a 2nd Elesa.

So now...
Olivia is 4/5
Kris is 4/5
Blue is 3/5
Phoebe is 2/5
Elesa is 2/5
Hilbert is 2/5
Hilda is 1/5
Karen is 1/5
Brendan is 1/5

Don't have Lyra or Caitlin so far. Also still missing Thorton.
Hoping to get Caitlin on this, but Lyra and Thorton will both be tough.

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
Got Blue from the compensation gems, only missing Elesa and Caitlin from the post launch 5* but Im still missing Phoebe and Karen

Olivia, Kris and Brendan are at 2/5

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
Got Brendan after getting a 2nd Elesa.

So now...
Olivia is 4/5
Kris is 4/5
Blue is 3/5
Phoebe is 2/5
Elesa is 2/5
Hilbert is 2/5
Hilda is 1/5
Karen is 1/5
Brendan is 1/5

Don't have Lyra or Caitlin so far. Also still missing Thorton.
Hoping to get Caitlin on this, but Lyra and Thorton will both be tough.
Meanwhile I'm fucking drowning in 3-star power-ups 😭

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, 14 free pulls.
Caitlin's full event also gave like 5 pulls.

So they've gotten a lot better.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I booted this up for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and this game consistently amazes me with how anti-player it is. The sheer number of duplicates you get from summons is bonkers..and the fact that it has the audacity to require you to get 20 upgrade items to raise a character/Pokemon a level is frankly scandalous. Oh so you've summoned this Pokemon 25 times? You can finally raise it a rarity level! That is outrageous and frankly very, very gross.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I booted this up for the first time in a few weeks yesterday and this game consistently amazes me with how anti-player it is. The sheer number of duplicates you get from summons is bonkers..and the fact that it has the audacity to require you to get 20 upgrade items to raise a character/Pokemon a level is frankly scandalous. Oh so you've summoned this Pokemon 25 times? You can finally raise it a rarity level! That is outrageous and frankly very, very gross.
I sort of get what you mean, but at the same time it's basically pointless and none of the content requires it. Seems to be more of a pointless busy work addition than anything. That's most of this game honestly.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Why the heck are Silver and Bronze tickets also 300 Vouchers.
With only like 14 average per Hard run, that's like 165 runs after clearing the Missions.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Liking that the game finally gives decent rewards now.

Don't like that I pulled 2 Phoebes....from the Caitlin banner...
Now, Kris, Olivia, and Phoebe are all at 4/5.
And still no Caitlin, Lyra, or Thorton.

Last edited:

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
After trying the new chapters , it seems to me like the are really working hard. I know its so short ,but it was kinda interesting none the less.

I just hope they actually wait to collect more chapters at least 15 chapter or so before releasing them.

Also wtf I'm raining gems from everywhere ,but my luck was so shit with Caitlin , Elsa and Brando banners I couldn't pull any. Infact I haven't pull 5 stars in over 17 pulls or more now....

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
after playing the kof mobile game for a bit, it's kinda weird that there's no free daily pull
Not really.
Especially when you consider the 5* pull rate and the number of units avaible in PMS.
After trying the new chapters , it seems to me like the are really working hard. I know its so short ,but it was kinda interesting none the less.

I just hope they actually wait to collect more chapters at least 15 chapter or so before releasing them.

Also wtf I'm raining gems from everywhere ,but my luck was so shit with Caitlin , Elsa and Brando banners I couldn't pull any. Infact I haven't pull 5 stars in over 17 pulls or more now....
Sounds cool - gonna try the new story chapter out this weekend.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I mean they are kinda alright I don't wanna hype you too much but what hooked me the most were the characters that appeared in this short story.

This story has a really big potential if the writer of pokemon master is willing to give it a try.
Oh no worries...not hyped or anything just happy to have new story chapters to play. I don't really do any of the other farming right now so having something new to play is good.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Just saw the SwSh advertisement message.

Those gems are neat, what about a bonus for people with SwSh save data on their linked Nintendo account, and when can we expect to see some characters and Pokemon from it coming

Pretty big missed synergy opportunity if they don't have more and more substantial stuff lined up to cross promote

(Or maybe I just want to hear SwSh character voices because Game Freak and possibly the new anime won't give them to me)

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
I already reported this using the in-game tools (and posted on the subreddit), but I'm posting this here for further visibility and as a precaution to other players who might accidentally throw a co-op match like I did 😭

In a co-op battle, opening the emote panel and backing out using the Android system back button instead of the in-game back button disables move input, even if the gauge is filled.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Enter a co-op battle.
  2. Open the emote panel.
  3. Without selecting an emote, back out using the Android system back button.
Move input will now be disabled until you reopen the emote panel and either a) select an emote or b) back out using the in-game back button.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, final day of Caitlin's banner, and I got another Olivia.
Now she's at 5/5.

So I'm at...
Olivia is 5/5
Kris is 4/5
Phoebe is 4/5
Blue is 3/5
Elesa is 2/5
Hilbert is 2/5
Brendan is 2/5
Hilda is 1/5
Karen is 1/5

Still no Caitlin, Lyra, or Thorton.
Ugh.

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, final day of Caitlin's banner, and I got another Olivia.
Now she's at 5/5.

So I'm at...
Olivia is 5/5
Kris is 4/5
Phoebe is 4/5
Blue is 3/5
Elesa is 2/5
Hilbert is 2/5
Brendan is 2/5
Hilda is 1/5
Karen is 1/5

Still no Caitlin, Lyra, or Thorton.
Ugh.
How have you been so lucky with your draws? That's insanity 😱

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I did spend money on the game.
I got all the launch packs and still get the monthly deals, might've gotten a couple of 3200 packs in the first few days when I was desperate to get Olivia, funnily enough.
Now I use the monthly packs to do Daily Pulls, and free gems for singles whenever I can.

In today's Daily Pulls, I now got Phoebe to 5/5 too...

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
I just logging in for rewards at this point. I refuse to spend any gems on Banners until they add Dragonite, Tyranitar, or Snorlax to the game.

sitting on a pretty hearty gem stash and I feel like I'll be waiting for those 3 for awhile so the longer they take the better chance I'll have of getting the Pokes that I want.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
I saved up 3000 gems for the new trainer: 10 dupes (9 three stars, 1 four stars). I feel so demoralized...

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I saved up ton of gems for Dec Banners.... I have a feeling we gonna see the best pairs being released for mid/end dec.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I got Thorton on Saturday and I got Caitlin today.
I also got my 6th Phoebe, for my first 5 star power up ticket.

Lyra and Glacia are the only ones left.

Have all 3/4 star and poverty characters now.

And for 5 stars...
Phoebe is at 6/5
Olivia is 5/5
Kris is 4/5
Blue is 3/5
Elesa is 2/5
Hilbert is 2/5
Brendan is 2/5
Hilda is 1/5
Karen is 1/5
Caitlin is 1/5

Gotta unlock Caitlin, but everyone else is 100 (so are Rosa and Calem).

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Having not wanting to pull anything from the daily discount makes the day goes by slow 😴😴.

But in all seriousness December needs to come faster I wanna see what they are cooking for us.

Yakumo Fuji

Apr 22, 2019
^ Soooo needed. That is a massive improvement.

Can't wait for the future updates though, like the co-op battle speed and difficulty.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Fire Emblem Heroes and Dragalia Lost got Seasonal units a month after launch.
I'm surprised they skipped Halloween/Fall here.