• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Man, sucks to see Pokemon Masters taking those free gems back already! I don't really want Christmas Rosa, but it's cool that they're making Seasonal units.

I wish you could swap the actual character models though (like Christmas Rosa with Serperior). That would make them much more valuable. I'll keep storing my gems in my cheeks until a unit I want comes around I guess.

Mewtwo & Giovanni were a lovely free surprise that will hold me over. However, the maximum grind with the time provided was heinous. Thankfully, I'm almost at the end of the journey needing one more 5* Upgrade Ticket. They will be my strongest unit by far for some time.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
but who the fuck wants the non holiday units as a focus on the hoilday banner? i sure as fuck don't

the thing that sucks the most is i pulled both of the other focus characters

Oct 27, 2017
Did 5 multis on the Rosa banner. Getting a (dupe) Karen instead was a punch in the gut. Got Caitlin, Will, and Brycen as well, though, so there's some good. I'll probably just save up for Cynthia now.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I... don't like this grind anymore for Mewtwo. I still need what, 500 red ticket for the last potential, and I get about 4-5 every hard mission? I don't have the team to auto VH and I don't have the time to grind VH manually, so I'm stuck with that. Even if I get the most of 5 per run, that's 100 runs (less daily bonuses, I know, but come on). It's just... not fun.

I'll still do it, mind you. I"m just stalling for Cynthia and the new single player content that was announced.

Saintz

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, 6000 gems and no 5-star either, I would have accepted Karen too since I do not have her yet either :(

Back to grinding Mewtwo vouchers I guess >:(

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
but who the fuck wants the non holiday units as a focus on the hoilday banner? i sure as fuck don't

the thing that sucks the most is i pulled both of the other focus characters
That was confusing as hell, I almost didn't pull at all because I already have Hilda and Karen so my odds of getting Rosa were even less idk why it just couldn't be Rosa instead of 2 additional units, one that literally just had a spotlight

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
They def. want people to use their funds now before they hit us with Cynthia early next year.

Stay safe out there.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Since Delibird's "All the Presents" is currently bugged, I'm tempted to spend gems and try for Holiday Rosa in the hope they refund out pulls (due to the move not working as intended).

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
the last time they refunded pulls it was because the rates were wrong

if it's just a move, they'll give out 300 gems and call it a day

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
You're probably right.

I'll await the compensation then, and continue waiting for Cynthia.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
aftering clearing out all of the event missions, i pulled rosa on the first try

95 pulls deep

now to save up for the next limited banner lol, hope it isn't anytime soon

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Grats...at least you got her in the end. Nothing worse than going all out on a unit and not getting it....
thanks, it's still only the first day, so there's still plenty of time technically, but yea, it feels rough being at 30 gems and nothing to show for it

in other news, i can't seem to get lucky with partners that can do the very hard mewtwo

at this point i just want the clearance gems lol

e: of course, the very next try i get it done, complaining on era strikes again lol

Last edited:

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Hk3ooncl.jpg

Finally maxed, rat bastards.

Last edited:

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Finally did some pulls, which I haven't done since the Olivia banner. Got Holiday Rosa, Hilda, and Kris. (As well as a double of Phoebe.)

Now c'mon Delibird reimbursement!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I don't care about pulls that aren't Cynthia.

Also Mewtwo has just beaten me down. I really can't be bothered maxing him out. Them thinking this level of grind would be a good idea actually hurts my faith in the game.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, the ridiculous grind of Mewtwo and then stacking the limited Holiday banners with non-limited focus units and lowering rates of limited units severely undercut the recent hype I'd been feeling for the game.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
30 pulls on Seasonal Scout A netted me Holiday Rosa and a fuck ton of dupes. Not bad. I would have liked Hilda (or any other 5 star I don't have, really) instead of all my other 5* being dupes (Lyra and 2x Blue), but c'est la vie

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about pulls that aren't Cynthia.

Also Mewtwo has just beaten me down. I really can't be bothered maxing him out. Them thinking this level of grind would be a good idea actually hurts my faith in the game.
There absolutely no need to max Mewtu....they don't expect the all players to go this hardcore on the Raid. Mewtu at 100 ist already one of the Top tier f2p strikers and a great addition to pretty much everyones roster and help to auto farm the highest training stage difficulties.

If your aren't hardcore....don't do hardcore stuff, it's not needed and the game have any kind of PvP plus the the Event will come back regularly down the line.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
finished with the mewtwo event, got everything

kinda surprised they don't have a six star rank for maxing out the five stars, but whatever

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Got the new event done. I don't know whether continuing farming tickets to power up Mewtwo (6 out of 20 obtained) or simply taking a break. Don't know why they increased the requirements for the 5stars tickets after each exchange, though.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I only planned to get Holiday Rosa. At the same time it felt weird not even attempt to pull on the other banner that likely wouldn't be back for a whole year.

Also maybe I would get "lucky" and pull Brendan and Treecko.

Long Story short, had enough for 5 pulls and got Holiday Siebold on my fifth pull lol.

PS. Decided to 120lvl Olivia and Lyranoc - my second after Mewtwo and probably the last Striker i can 120 for a while with a the ressources I spent.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
What's Siebold like? I'm wondering whether to try some pulls or hold out for Lance and Cynthia.
Haven't used him yet or looked the unit up...I was just rolling for fun. But from what I've read none of these limited Holiday units are must haves...so unless you really want him it's better to save up for Lance and Cynthia.

Edit:
Hmm...looking at his kit be might actually quite good. Especially for me since I don't have a higher Tier Water Pokemon anyway.

Last edited:

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yay, got Rosa.
Also got another Hilbert on the way.
Hopefully I manage to get Siebold as well.
Siebold, Grimsley, and Glacia are all that's left, so if I can't get Siebold, I won't be able have a complete collection for a year.

Gonna be impossible to max Giovanni at this point, but I'll still go for the 5/5 at least.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Guys guys... they literally said they will bring back mewtwo event in the future. Im sure as hell the event wasn't designed to max him out in the first time, but only for those who want to go that far.

I just got all the gems from the legendary event and im not gonna even brother to go any further.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, really no need to kill yourself for maxing Mewtwo - max lvl 120 and 5/5 Sync move is a realistic goal. Everything above that is really hardcore and you cant blame anyone but yourself if you are burning out on it.

More importantly - they added a new Ex-Raid with Marshall that is getting destroyed with Mewtwo. First Raid i cleared, dont have the time to run these on manual so its good that there is one i can auto.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Ending the event with Mewtwo at Lvl 100 and with both moves but not the passive skill. Couldn't be bothered doing more than that. He's usable at least.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the Initial Mewtwo appearance with 120, 5/5 and 12/20.

Respect for anyone that completely maxed that SynchPair - just couldnt bother with that stage anymore at some point even on auto while watching TV/Netflix lol.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the Initial Mewtwo appearance with 120, 5/5 and 12/20.

Respect for anyone that completely maxed that SynchPair - just couldnt bother with that stage anymore at some point even on auto while watching TV/Netflix lol.
Same. I only got about 10/20 but holy crap that grind is intense. No thanks. It'll be back at some point

currently swapping between a Rosas event (pidgeot makes it super easy) and farming psychicgears. Oddly enough the thing I need the most is money. Upgrading the gears is costly

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finished my Mewtwo with 5/5, 120 and 14/20. Would have gone for more, but after grinding hard for a few days I just got tired lol

Been able to farm psychic gears super easily now though, which is nice.

Also apparently we are getting Solgaleo next and seems it might be different (hopefully less grindy)

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
Solgaleo is one of my favorite Legendaries, but who is its trainer?

I really don't want the game to move away from the focus on the Trainers, that's the entire reason I started playing this game.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
"We've made some adjustments since the previous legendary event, so we hope you enjoy this new one even more!"

Reduce the grind by at least half please

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Seems odd they didn't reveal the trainer, like they did for Giovanni and Mewtwo.

I hope it's not the MC lol

Kamon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather Lillie have Lunala, but I'd rather have Lillie than no Lillie so I'm crossing my fingers for it being Lillie anyway lol

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Didnt expect another Raid so soon - like others already said, lets hope its a bit less grindy.
But good to see them releasing those Synch options, especially helpful for people that havent been able to pull better Gacha units.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Version 1.5 is online

Comes with the new Bingo reward system - very nice just got a bunch of gems from it. Also you only have to clear a Suspercourse once now to get the same amount of boosted rewards.

Also the AI seems to be improved with units not using the gauge moves in auto mode when the gauge is still full....so good.

Went from less than 2k to over 10k gems. Sweet.

Last edited:

hiryu64

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda wish I'd have saved my replay tickets now. Also, did I screw myself by choosing the beginner weekly bingo card? It wasn't clear if wr could pick and choose multiple ones, so I just picked the first one.

EDIT: Looks like the supercourse bonus rewards aren't boosted, so that's a pain. Though bingo rewards a good amount of E4 notes, so maybe it balances out?

Last edited:

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got an absolute PILE of gems from the Bingo system. That'll keep me going for a bit.

Also pulled Festive Siebold, which may well fill a nice niche in my set-up, so that's nice.