• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
got 8 or 9 unique five star pulls, not trying for any in particular

could use a dark type tho

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
also, im finding it pretty easy to not spend money on this game because:

1. I feel like you get gems at a pretty good pace
2. Holy crap, gem prices are waaaay too rich for my blood

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Draw rates are pretty high for this type of game too, so I feel like I can just save gems for the fest banners and with a 10% rate on 5* characters, you'll most likely be making out pretty well.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
I did great with saving. Wound up going for the full scout points on cynthia's banner. Got her 3 times, along with Tepig, Oshawott, Dusclops, Karen, Zebstrika, Xatu. And with scout points, finally got Treeko.

No need to pull for a LONG time with units like those. Very happy with my savings pulls, and excited to see what the sync grid will bring

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
You know I never actually looked at solgaleo's kit before but good god this thing seems busted af

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
also, im finding it pretty easy to not spend money on this game because:

1. I feel like you get gems at a pretty good pace
2. Holy crap, gem prices are waaaay too rich for my blood

The only one i'm missing is olivia so far but I have like 90% of the 5 stars AND i still have 40k gems leftover with 0 dollars used.

I think its super lenient at this point

Fat4all

Oct 25, 2017
here
The only one i'm missing is olivia so far but I have like 90% of the 5 stars AND i still have 40k gems leftover with 0 dollars used.

this is my first proper gacha game so maybe this is normal stuff, but I do like that you can pretty much just grind as much materials as you want, pretty much whenever you want

it never feels like im not doing sommit or waiting for sommit

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
You know I never actually looked at solgaleo's kit before but good god this thing seems busted af
It's pretty busted for solo content but seems like it might be kinda hard to use in co-op with the long ramp up time

ai seems pretty bad with it as well for auto, which is kind of annoying.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
this is my first proper gacha game so maybe this is normal stuff, but I do like that you can pretty much just grind as much materials as you want, pretty much whenever you want

it never feels like im not doing sommit or waiting for sommit
Well with the daily boosts, i think I'd rather wait for those instead grinding over a short period of time.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I want more Story chapters, but I gotta say, the end of the chapter when you get Torchic was extremely dumb. "Oh BTW, here's a completely different Torchic, who I never told you about until now, and I know the whole time you were teaching me about strengthening the bonds with my Pokémon, but just take him anyway."

At least have the second Torchic be in an egg or something. Just giving away this seemingly neglected Pokémon makes that girl seem like a total sociopath!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
3 single pulls for Lance again...no Lance but i finally got Xatu.
Though i wonder how viable he still is post Mewtwo.

Pancoar

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I finally got Cynthia from a single pull. Hit 200 scout points too, man that was painful but worth it because Cynthia is one of my favorites.

Now I can safely save for Steven, unless N, Guzma, or Morty come first... Also need to keep in mind they might do something for the 6th Anniversary.

I'm not going to keep chasing Lance and just pray the sync grid salvages Iris (just give Haxorus clearheaded DeNa please)

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018

That seems pretty lucky, I am missing 6 5-star pairs and have about 25k saved up. But I also feel thats pretty satisfying for not spending any money (which, damn, those prices). I played Fire Emblem Heroes and I don't think that was very friendly toward the free player, this game there's no time limits on anything, you just play at your leisure (and auto grind is nice), and you don't have to feel all that bad for not having max sync level 5-star pairs so I'd say it's a nice phone game.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
4th 10x pull and still no Cynthia but hey, now I've got 5/5 synch gems for characters I don't even use! I hope they'll change how the synch moves work, giving buff to the support ones, debuffs for the technicians and raw damage to the attackers, otherwise it seems pretty useless giving the same type of synch move to every category of units.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yes...finally got Lance with the last set of free gem from the New Year Really gems.

Out of gems and back to saving up.....but the last couple weeks in this game were really nice as a f2p.

Mewtwo + Solgaleo
Holiday Rosa + Siebold
Cynthia + Lance

Good haul.

Andrin

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
I like how they designed a new upgrade system that would let you customize your favourite synch pairs and then only properly implement it for three of the worst pairs in the game. The only one that looks to be even semi-worthwhile is Torcoal, in order to turn her into a pseudo sp.atk-version of Dusclops.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
I like how they designed a new upgrade system that would let you customize your favourite synch pairs and then only properly implement it for three of the worst pairs in the game. The only one that looks to be even semi-worthwhile is Torcoal, in order to turn her into a pseudo sp.atk-version of Dusclops.
I don't mind that at all, the whole point of it is improving the lower tier units so focusing on them first makes sense

Saintz

Oct 27, 2017
One multipull got me another Olivia (She's now 3/5) and Thorton! I finally have all the 4 star sync pairs! :D

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they are going to use the sync grids as a way to rebalance the characters, which I guess is fine. Every character has a couple generic sync grid panels that are just stat boost for now.

zami

Oct 27, 2017
Got Ethan twice on my first multipull along with a Lyra. I have gotten six five stars on my last three mutlipull including the banner character four times. The game does not want me to spend my gems.

OP
OP
Vylash

Vylash

Oct 25, 2017
blew my gems and no Ethan, but I did finally get phoebe and Hilbert so not all bad, leaf has a pretty bad kit so I dunno if I'm gonna pull for her

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how much the feedback and not being a huge success actually impacted their content roadmap.

The changes made and the new content recently are great, and all of it seems to directly address the issues of players, so I wonder how much was planned and would have come anyway and what was a reaction to the game's reception.

Where would we be instead if the game had been a record breaking success and they had no need to apologize or address concerns?

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Does anyone think that now they are stuck on pleasing players with gems because that's what is expected from them at this point not sure how long they gonna be handing free gems but not complaining tho 👍

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone think that now they are stuck on pleasing players with gems because that's what is expected from them at this point not sure how long they gonna be handing free gems but not complaining tho 👍
People only expected Gem to stick around because the game was lacking content and stuff to do - as they keep improving the game people will wanna stick around for stuff besides the rewards.

Its on them to keep the playerbase satisfied with whatever means necessary.

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
People only expected Gem to stick around because the game was lacking content and stuff to do - as they keep improving the game people will wanna stick around for stuff besides the rewards.

Its on them to keep the playerbase satisfied with whatever means necessary.
For now it still lacks, but maybe future updates will add something more fun.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I think a lot is riding on the battle villa right now. Hope that will make characters that aren't strikers more useful in content