• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
This is truly the worst damn game in terms of user enjoyment, optimization, etc. The enemies have otherwordly HP and always have sync moves that hit entire teams, generally one-shotting all 3 Pokemon, while your sync move always does damage to one.

It takes an absolutely ungodly number of times redoing levels to get enough of the potion things to upgrade your level caps/skills.. the actual level up books are in such short supply and yield 1 of the gold for every time you do one of the strikes.. all while it requires an inordinant number of them to actually level up your characters (who get excruciatingly small amounts of XP from actually being used in battles). It's just so bad on every single level to be honest.

And if you spend $5, you don't even get enough gems to summon 2 Pokemon at normal price! I haven't spent a dime because the monetization is so fucking gross in that regard. I really do not like this game at all.. but I've been finding myself spending time with it lately for some unknown reason. (well, it's not really unknown.. it's because I love Pokemon)

This game still desperately needs work to be anything other than atrocious and yet I can't imagine it will ever be improved any further.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
This is truly the worst damn game in terms of user enjoyment, optimization, etc. The enemies have otherwordly HP and always have sync moves that hit entire teams, generally one-shotting all 3 Pokemon, while your sync move always does damage to one.

It takes an absolutely ungodly number of times redoing levels to get enough of the potion things to upgrade your level caps/skills.. the actual level up books are in such short supply and yield 1 of the gold for every time you do one of the strikes.. all while it requires an inordinant number of them to actually level up your characters (who get excruciatingly small amounts of XP from actually being used in battles). It's just so bad on every single level to be honest.

And if you spend $5, you don't even get enough gems to summon 2 Pokemon at normal price! I haven't spent a dime because the monetization is so fucking gross in that regard. I really do not like this game at all.. but I've been finding myself spending time with it lately for some unknown reason. (well, it's not really unknown.. it's because I love Pokemon)

This game still desperately needs work to be anything other than atrocious and yet I can't imagine it will ever be improved any further.
Yeah, if you are a new player you need time to get your units ready, but there are often events that make things a lot faster (exp in single player, other items in multiplayer). For what regards the money spent on gems, well, an extra daily pull is "only" 1€ and something, so not that bad to be honest. If you play everyday (and complete all the challenges) you'll have enough gems to pull freely. The game has lots of room for improvement, but it's not a disaster and I'm finding it quite addicting, despite the bullshit rate of dupes I get.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fresh off my Cynthia experiences and fearing the worst, I did a x10 pull for Steven this morning.

Ending up pulling him three times.

The gods of gacha are capricious and unknowable.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Two 10-pulls on the Steven banner got me:

Kukui (new)
Brendan (now 5/5)
Ethan (now 2/5)
Steven (new)

Really amazing luck today

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
mew starts as a 3 star and unlike other special event pkmn the game doesn't seem to give you a way to get it to 6 stars easily? you have to do it the old fashioned way? lol

and there are 95 missions, but most of the rewards are actually useless

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, such luck! I pulled two multis:
- First got me Ethan/Cyndaquil
- Second got me Totodile and Steven/Metagross!

Honestly didn't expect this, but I've got all the 5 stars I care about now. back to saving for the 1/2 anni

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Fresh off my Cynthia experiences and fearing the worst, I did a x10 pull for Steven this morning.

Ending up pulling him three times.

The gods of gacha are capricious and unknowable.
Oh man, such luck! I pulled two multis:
- First got me Ethan/Cyndaquil
- Second got me Totodile and Steven/Metagross!

Honestly didn't expect this, but I've got all the 5 stars I care about now. back to saving for the 1/2 anni
Pulled Steven on my first multi, feels good.
one 10 pull for Steven, back to saving for... uh I dunno, datamine pls
I hate you all. :(

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
One 10 Pull for Steven Metagross.

But more importantly, where the hell did Professor Oak get a Mew?! Doesn't he just sit at the laboratory all day?

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
What does "complete a course on normal" mean?

I've put Oak on my team and did some normal level training courses but it's not triggering the challenge (but I'm getting credit for the "complete x number of fights" challenges).

Saintz

Oct 27, 2017
Mew's combo of Swift/Unfortituous is so broken and so delicious tbh! He's so fun to use.

I only had enough gems for 4 10 pulls:

First - all 3/4 star dupes
Second - same
Third - 1 dupe Elesa (2/5)
Fourth - Lyra & Steven!

I really thought I wasn't going to get him tbh.

hutna

Oct 25, 2017
Still new to the game. Figuring everything out. I ended up grinding 6250 vouchers from the Rayquaza event and I'd like a little advice on how to spend them.

Should I get the other 4 copies of the unit first? The power up tickets? Or is it even better to just buy a ton of 3* level up manuals?

Thanks for any advice.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
Still new to the game. Figuring everything out. I ended up grinding 6250 vouchers from the Rayquaza event and I'd like a little advice on how to spend them.

Should I get the other 4 copies of the unit first? The power up tickets? Or is it even better to just buy a ton of 3* level up manuals?

Thanks for any advice.

get the items specific to any event before bothering with things you can farm in other places

exp is easily gotten from the regular training courses

hutna

Oct 25, 2017
The Rayquaza event had different vouchers for event-specific and normal items, no?

From what I can see they share the same vouchers. I'm more asking if it is more valuable for a f2p player to get the copies of the unit to improve their sync move or the rarity upgrade items. Again I'm not super familiar with the game's mechanics as I'm new.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
Three 10 pulls, no Steven. Does the game hate me or I'm very very unlucky? no Lance, no holiday duo, no eevee, no kukui and no cyndaquil, despite using daily and free gems. On the other hand I have like 8 Blues, 7 Olivias and other unnecessary dupes.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Tempted to pull for Steven even though I rarely play the game anymore, just because he seems useful. That being said, I feel like they have something planned for the six month anniversary (Red maybe?), so I'll resist. At the very least, he's here until early March so I'm in no hurry.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Wanted to try my luck and got Steven in 3x 300 gem pull
Make up for the horrible luck I had on Cynthia's banner.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Decide to re-download the game again and start working on that Mew grind, and did one multi on Steven banner and got him ^^

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017

Update Details
• Added new Lucky Skill feature.
• Sync pair level caps have been adjusted.
• Increased XP awards for select areas.
• Adjusted the number of days interrupted data is saved in the system to a maximum of seven days.
• Completed other minor game improvements and bug fixes.

and red is coming

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
I'm ready for Red. Mayyybe Sabrina or Valerie, but I feel the moveset potential will drive my decision making there.

It's good to see a Sygnasuit confirmed for an already released character as well. It took long enough. I want to see more of those.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017

Update Details
• Added new Lucky Skill feature.
• Sync pair level caps have been adjusted.
• Increased XP awards for select areas.
• Adjusted the number of days interrupted data is saved in the system to a maximum of seven days.
• Completed other minor game improvements and bug fixes.

and red is coming

On one hand I'm happy there will be Red and more waifus, but on the other hand my terrible luck will prevent me from having even one of those.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Did I read correctly that the Giovanni/Mewtwo Event will come back? It would be nice because I didn't play back when he was around the first time.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Only pulled twice on Steven's banner so I'm in good shape for Red. I imagine we'll get a ton of gems for the 1/2 anni as well. Fingers crossed we can all pull him, he looks bonkers

Also, evolutions! For like, everyone. That's good.

No news on the villa though? That was supposed to be february

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played Masters and was telling myself that I might give it a go when they add characters from Sword and Shield but the new Elesa might pull me in.
To get her will you need to upgrade the existing Elesa or is she being added as a new character in the gacha? And if so is she a limited character or will she always be available?

Yakumo Fuji

Apr 22, 2019
I think I missed a memo somewhere. What's the Lucky Skills about? Or is that not fully implemented yet into the game?

And yeah, definitely saving up for Red and Elesa.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Masters and was telling myself that I might give it a go when they add characters from Sword and Shield but the new Elesa might pull me in.
To get her will you need to upgrade the existing Elesa or is she being added as a new character in the gacha? And if so is she a limited character or will she always be available?
She's being added into the pull roster as a permanent character, separate from standard Elesa. There'll be an event where she's slightly more likely to be pulled when she's first added, but she'll always be available.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Not been playing the game alot lately...but finally pulled my most wanted launch unit from the Steven banner with Phoebe