• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
As we approach the launch of Pokemon Sword and Shield, the Japanese Pokemon community has started slamming Junichi Masuda, the producer for the games, for making a "heartless" tweet that is related to the cutting of Pokemon.​

It all started when Twitter user @Hathuurui tweeted to Masuda photos of her Bayleef and Bayleef nails. She showed Masuda her Bayleef nails and told him she's "looking forward to the launch of Pokemon Sword and Shield with my dear Bayleef".​

Junichi Masuda retweeted her post with the word "thanks!!!":​

While it may seem like an innocent reply, what @Hathuurui probably didn't know was Bayleef and its entire evolutionary family have been cut from Pokemon Sword and Shield, meaning there's no way to transfer Bayleef into the games. Thus, Japanese fans called Masuda's response to @Hathuurui "very heartless", as it could have raised @Hathuurui's hopes that Bayleef made it into Sword and Shield.

Here's what the Japanese players have to say, as compiled and translated by Redditor REDChReNiC:

9l95dmK.png

DORfmhL.png

pg753JX.png

NGquWiZ.png

uUrOT8P.png

l2UwuJP.png

SOURCE

I for one am glad Masuda's insensitivity and cruelty has been properly reproached by fans. All he had to do was stay silent, instead he decided to put his foot in his mouth.

/s

Last edited:

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dude thanked someone for their fan work and you're glad that he got harassed?

what in the world. this is fucking surreal

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
it sort of makes me feel better that "shitty, insane fandom" isn't just a western thing.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
Why do people have to post shit like this? I just want to have a normal criticism with a game, what's the point in making stupid stuff like this happen? I really don't get it, and I hate that I'm lumped in with this. Fucking hell.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Meganium, Chikorita and Bayleef are my #1, #2 and #3 favorite Pokémon respectively. By a significant margin. With that being said: fuuuuuuuuuck the people harassing Masuda for his completely innocuous reply.

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory generalizations
Glad that we have confirmation that Pokemon fans are insane no matter what language they speak

KenyaPSP

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 26, 2019
Ohhhh I didn't realize the Japanese Pokémon fans were also insane. How's Europe??? Any hope for Europe??

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
The fact that he had the gall to lead a fan on with false hopes says all we need to know about this situation.

He probably thought what the fan did was cool and wasn't immediately thinking of whether or not that particular Pokemon was one of the 400 in the game. Just because the producer doesn't mean he can immediately think of all of the Pokemon that are included.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
This is just sad. Of all the things to complain about in the gaming industry and some people pick this...

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
OP I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish, but I think you're failing at it.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Ok is this really necessary? Now you're just doing what Nintendo Soup does and clickbait.

Do we need a thread for every tweet response a game developer has on their personal account where people misconstrue his intent?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't call it "heartless" but he probably shouldn't have responded to this particular post.

Status
Not open for further replies.