• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I found this especially interesting, because Metroid is not listed for 2018- so it's not like every single announced Switch game has randomly been thrown into this survey, there seems to be some rhyme and reason here.

I don't know how believable this is, of course, but it seems to lend credence to the idea that pending unexpected hindrances, Nintendo is looking to get Pokemon out this year.

EDIT: Right, I found this tweet via this site (don't ask me how I ended up there)

Castform

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Florida, United States
Well, if this is true its good news! The Switch seems like it'd be great for turn-based RPG's, and with Octopath Traveler and Shin Megami Tensei coming to it, it's nice to see Pokemon coming soon too.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know there were rumors of Pokémon coming this year, but Bayonetta 3 coming this year would surprise me.

I'd imagine that we'll get a Pokémon Direct in the next month or two if we are getting Gen 8 this year.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if this is true its good news! The Switch seems like it'd be great for turn-based RPG's, and with Octopath Traveler and Shin Megami Tensei coming to it, it's nice to see Pokemon coming soon too.
We already knew Pokemon is coming to Switch, this is just a seeming reaffirmation of its speculated 2018 release date :P

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there were rumors of Pokémon coming this year, but Bayonetta 3 coming this year would surprise me.

I'd imagine that we'll get a Pokémon Direct in the next month or two if we are getting Gen 8 this year.
New Pokemon game announcements have happened as late as May. We may be in for a wait.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People still won't believe. Kimishima has said it over and over how important the second year is and he wants 20 million sold.

Oct 26, 2017

Hmm...well how long do you reckon we could have had Bayonetta 3 in development? Would it be after Nier: Automata was finished or perhaps after Scalebound was cancelled?

If we are, than Nintendo has a damn good reason for the Switch selling 20 million this year

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
Pokémon might be this year but no way in hell Bayonetta 3 is this year. Q1 2019 is the earliest for that one.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Bayo3 seems more unrealistic than pokemon. I thought it was still early in development.

Phazon

Oct 26, 2017
Belgium
It's Dutch (from Belgium or Netherlands, given his flag it's The Netherlands I'd say)

It's says 'How plausible is it that you'll get the next games in the in the next 12 months'

I wouldn't put my bets on that as a confirmation of anything tho.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Bayo 3 was rumored to be this year a few days after the announcement and frankly I think it's a bit messed up to not communicate that if it ends up being true.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bayo 3 only said "in development", so it and Pokemon being 2018 would be a surprising turn.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I would be stunned if Pokemon is a proper Gen 8 and releases this year. Though I would love to be wrong. Some kind of port or remake is far more believable.

Bayonetta 3 is more plausible to me given how quickly Platinum works.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fair point, but wouldn't TPC need time to announce all of the new Pokémon?
Depends on what the marketing angle is. For instance, very few of the Pokemon for Gen 5 were revealed ahead of time; it is also important to remember that new Pokemon games simply don't have that many new Pokemon in them to begin with.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Where is Animal Crossing for god sake!

Now a Pokemon RPG.... will this draw me into Pokemon like BoTW did with Zelda? Cant wait to see

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
Depends on what the marketing angle is. For instance, very few of the Pokemon for Gen 5 were revealed ahead of time; it is also important to remember that new Pokemon games simply don't have that many new Pokemon in them to begin with.

This has only been true of the past two generations, also there is the fact that Zeraora hasn't been revealed yet, which is the final Generation 7 Pokemon to be revealed. In order to avoid confusion they need to reveal him before the Generation 8 games get announced. If he hasn't been revealed, then no Gen 8.

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This has only been true of the past two generations, also there is the fact that Zeraora hasn't been revealed yet, which is the final Generation 7 Pokemon to be revealed. In order to avoid confusion they need to reveal him before the Generation 8 games get announced. If he hasn't been revealed, then no Gen 8.
Assuming Pokemon Switch is revealed in May-June, they still have a half year window (at the most) to get it out of the way.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's disrespectful to puddles
fuck puddles

as for the news, I dont believe Pokemon is 2018. most pokemon games have a longer time between the previous gen and the new one, and this gen should have the longest dev time due to the HD nature. and I'm shooting low with a Vita-level game (in HD). GameFreak just doesnt have the experience yet

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
So is this a true nintendo branch or just another generic publisher ?

Also, I don't doubt they WANT pokemon in 2018.
I doubt they will not delay it

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'll believe nintendo after getting Xenoblade 2 out in 2018. Didn't they say Metroid Prime 4 was 2018 as well? I'll believe it.

For pokemon specifically though, they won't delay it. It's not going to be some new evolution of pokemon like some people seem to expect. It'll be the standard pokemon experience so there shouldn't be a need to delay it.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Pokemon is still listed as 2018 on their financial stuff but I will always doubt that.

Bayo 3 is all about when Dev cycle began. If platinum got a Dev kit early 2016 then it could happen by end of year if they are on a tight schedule

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Well, Pokemon has been an yearly franchise for a while now. I do think it's coming this year.

Although I'd prefer if it was pushed back to 2019 so it could get more dev time. I don't want another frame rate mess with very little content.