• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Scorbunny

Jun 14, 2019
Gen 5 bad maybe? I dislike Gen5 starter the most... so take it as the grain of salt...
I grew to like them when we moved to 3d. And yikes not liking the sound of the evolutions. To be fair though a lot of the time people hate the designs initially and grow to like it. I remember so many people hated greninjas tongue scarf and wanted him and hawlucha to be fake. Now everyone loves those pokemon.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I guess I'm jumping to Team Grookey, because Scorbunny's final form is exactly what I didn't want it to be.

And knowing that, I can 100% commit to no more leaks.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only final form I didn't see was the Scorbunny one. Maybe I should take a look, but I can't enter the thread, I don't wanna see the other leaks.

Scorbunny

Jun 14, 2019
I guess I'm jumping to Team Grookey, because Scorbunny's final form is exactly what I didn't want it to be.

And knowing that, I can 100% commit to no more leaks.
I haven't seen it, but if its what I'm thinking it is I just won't evolve my scorbunny. Did the same with chespin.

My plan is to not evolve him until level 35 give him a rare candy and reset the games if I dislike it.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
This may be the generation I actually try my hand at battling with legendaries.

Can't breed em which makes it pretty annoying to get one that feels competitive but there are so many now that theres a good variety and it started to peak my interest.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking I might vacate this thread. The discussion around the leaks is a little too on the nose.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible for all leak discussion to be spoiler tagged in this thread? Even if the post doesn't explicitly include specifics? It just feels a little weird that people are actively spoiling themselves, then coming back into this thread to provide and discuss their impressions.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
In all honesty the worst designs so far have been the starters lol, like their first forms were great. What happened????

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
The leak thread's gonna surpass this in posts in no time.

Got my fill of leaks and I'll probably chill in here til release now.
Basically, I just wanted a better sampler of designs than GF gave out during marketing, and the leaks did that for me (and spoilers: I'm pretty satisfied with what I saw overall). There's of course still a matter of quantity, which I'll probably be worried about until we get a hard number and details.

Surprised it leaked 2 weeks out.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw why is the leaker not posting the Pokémon names and types? My friend told me he isn't at least.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
People need to make their own judgements about Pokemon designs, it's art after all. Also I don't think people should talk about leaks in here, however vague you are being, there's the other thread for that discussion.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
People need to make their own judgements about Pokemon designs, it's art after all. Also I don't think people should talk about leaks in here, however vague you are being, there's the other thread for that discussion.
I agree that despite posts being vague, it doesn't make sense to discuss the leaks here.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We want to discuss the minimal leak weve seen(pretty much exclusively starters) without being forced to be spoiled on literally everything else. Id be in the other thread if the actual important shit was spoiler tagged instead of story but lol.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
We want to discuss the minimal leak weve seen(pretty much exclusively starters) without being forced to be spoiled on literally everything else. Id be in the other thread if the actual important shit was spoiler tagged instead of story but lol.

There's people here who just want to discuss what has officially been announced as the "spoiler-free" in the thread title suggests, that's the problem. At least maybe put the starter discussion in a spoiler tag or something.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Forced to choose, I was kind of surprised at some of my picks:

8xPMtHv.jpg

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
welp.

after looking at all the starter evos i can honestly say i'm gonna be switching from Sobble to Scorbunny which is honestly really upsetting for me. i fucking LOVED Sobble but its final evo just isn't doing it for me. Scorbunny's looks way cooler.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
That's not fair to those of us who have made the choice to remain spoiler-free and avoid discussion outside of official announcements and reveals. I'd feel better about participating in this thread if people spoiler tagged their posts when discussing leaks, no matter how minimal. The last page or so has been too on the nose.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's not fair to those of us who have made the choice to remain spoiler-free and avoid discussion outside of official announcements and reveals. I'd feel better about participating in this thread if people spoiler tagged their posts when discussing leaks, no matter how minimal. The last page or so has been too on the nose.
Too on the nose about the 3 pokemon whose lines are most important because youre stuck with them the entire game? Nobody is bringing up anything other than starters.

Spoiler tagging sure, but whining for people who are solely interested in starters to go into the minefield instead is equally unfair.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Really hard to choose between Mimikyu and what I picked for those ghost and fairy categories.

Its a greatest of all time pokemon contender but Giratina is just too badass with an amazing theme, sense of foreboding and darkness compared to all other pokemon and sequence of events in the story revolving around it not to put that respect on it and I have a lot of sentimental value in my Slurpuff.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
alright I think I'm done looking at leaks.

We know about 40 mons at this point. Hopefully if the game is in the 80+ range then there's still much more left to see. I'll be pretty dissapointed if it ends up being 50-60 new pokemon, and then just a bunch of g-max forms.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
Yeah guess I'm putting this thread on ignore. Apparently people think "spoiler free" means come in and post about the starters spoilers. Crazy disrespectful.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
Too on the nose about the 3 pokemon whose lines are most important because youre stuck with them the entire game? Nobody is bringing up anything other than starters.

Spoiler tagging sure, but whining for people who are solely interested in starters to go into the minefield instead is equally unfair.
It doesn't matter whether the discussion is centred only on starters or not, it is still taking away the choice of those who want to remain unspoiled. The issue I have is that if you have been following discussion regularly in this thread, then you have a reasonable idea as to what some posters wanted or didn't want from the starters' evolutions. Thus "vague" impressions are actually more revealing than you might think. I'd rather people spoiler tag their posts completely if discussing leaks even in vague terms, for that reason.

Nevermeltice

One Winged Slayer
Feb 10, 2019
Yeah, I don't get why some users are bringing up what has leaked. I just want a safe place where nothing new is discussed at all.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't matter whether the discussion is centred only on starters or not, it is still taking away the choice of those who want to remain unspoiled. The issue I have is that if you have been following discussion regularly in this thread, then you have a reasonable idea as to what some posters wanted or didn't want from the starters' evolutions. Thus "vague" impressions are actually more revealing than you might think. I'd rather people spoiler tag their posts completely if discussing leaks even in vague terms, for that reason.
None of us are posting it, or talking specifics. Its literally just "i dont like it so im picking the other one" or "i love it"

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
alright I think I'm done looking at leaks.
This is precisely why I don't want to know the number of new Pokémon and forms, etc. I don't want to set myself up for disappointment and have it discolour my experience/enjoyment of the game.
Can we please all agree on making this place completely spoiler free? At least spoiler tag the "vague" discussion.
This. It's just a courtesy that requires minimal effort to implement.

Scorbunny

Jun 14, 2019
I don't think anything was truly spoiled though. Everything said was a persons personal subjective bias, one person seems to think scorbunnys is really bad and worse than sobbles, then we had another person say they swapped from sobble to scorbunny because it looked cooler. You don't get much from that, aside from maybe an expectation. Like now I expect sobbles to be complete trash but might be pleasently surprised that its better than I thought it was based on someone elses preferences

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
It's definitely the least predictable of the evolutions, which of course always provokes a kneejerk reaction from people (including myself sometimes). The leaker said it looks better in motion, so perhaps that will change some people's minds? Guess we'll see.