• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters
2 gifts from LukarWuff

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Lukar Lukar!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Lukar said:
A little giveaway for the Sword and Shield hype! These codes are from the current Best Buy Pokémon Pass event, and can be used in Let's Go Pikachu or Let's Go Eevee for a level 70 Mewtwo with the following moveset: Amnesia, Psychic, Teleport & Recover.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Nintendo Switch (USA) Nintendo Switch (USA): Pokémon Let's Go: Best Buy Mewtwo - Won by Reinhardt Schneider Reinhardt Schneider (10 entries)
  • Nintendo Switch (USA) Nintendo Switch (USA): Pokémon Let's Go: Best Buy Mewtwo - Won by Deleted member 4093 (8 entries)

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
LukarWuff you are an absolute mensch.

Curious question: is there a canonically largest region in the Pokémon games so far? I'm sure Galar will end up being mechanically the largest but I dunno if lore-wise, like, Kalos is supposed to be bigger. It's really hard to picture Pokémon as a whole world when we only visit little patches at a time (not that I mind that at all)

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
9 days left in Australia and Japan.

9Nzn9Tjb.gif

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
HI all, it's been awhile since I've been active on Resetera, but I've come back to post because of this game. So far I haven't been spoiled on anything beyond the officially released videos so I'm proud of myself for resisting the leaks. (I quickly browsed the list of cut Pokemon for favorites, but that's not really a spoiler for me) That's why I've come to post here because 10 days is a long time to wait and I don't think I can make it unspoiled without your support.

In terms of officially revealed returning Pokemon, I am really pleased that Ludicolo is in the Galar Pokedex. I have a Lvl. 100 Modest Hypertrained Ludicolo (Nickname: No1 Hombre) that I caught in Pokemon Sapphire that I transferred all the way up to Ultra Moon, I've tried to get as many ribbons as possible on him. I think I have over 20. He's been in all the elite 4's and contests in Omega Ruby / Alpha and beaten the bosses of the Battle Maison and Battle Tree.

So one thing I am really looking forward to in Sword/Shield is the equivalent of the Battle Maison/Tree. Pelipper has also been officially revealed so that's going to be his rain setter partner for the doubles part and together they are going to wreck havoc.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
LukarWuff you are an absolute mensch.

Curious question: is there a canonically largest region in the Pokémon games so far? I'm sure Galar will end up being mechanically the largest but I dunno if lore-wise, like, Kalos is supposed to be bigger. It's really hard to picture Pokémon as a whole world when we only visit little patches at a time (not that I mind that at all)

Probably Sinnoh. Mt. Coronet is massive.

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
Amazon just updated my delivery page, saying it would arrive on the 13th, but since I'm not sure how reliable that is I'm not sure, if I should get excited or not. Well anyways only 9 days left. Can't wait to get my Scorbunny and 5 Wooloos.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Amazon just updated my delivery page, saying it would arrive on the 13th, but since I'm not sure how reliable that is I'm not sure, if I should get excited or not. Well anyways only 9 days left. Can't wait to get my Scorbunny and 5 Wooloos.
What region are you in? Mine is still marked for the 15th, hasn't been marked as 'getting ready to ship' or anything like that. I also preordered it back in June. Never had luck with getting a game early from them, though

Saori

Avenger
Dec 12, 2018
What region are you in? Mine is still marked for the 15th, hasn't been marked as 'getting ready to ship' or anything like that. I also preordered it back in June. Never had luck with getting a game early from them, though
Germany, but I haven't lived here for long, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
I'm still mad they didn't make this area explorable. It would've been cool to have a coastal area in the wild area, and also seeing the train pass randomly above you.

fefZX18L.49.png

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I would like it if Gen 9 took some inspiration from something further afield than what they usually go for-- I've seen suggestions for Brazil that I've liked, but I'd be fine with any less-Eurocentric option. Australia would be nice but I dunno if it's too close w/r/t history after England again.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I hope a variety of latin countries. Mexico, Spain, Brasil, Italy... Could have references from Día de Muertos to gladiators and from carnaval to bull fighting or running (in front of a thousand tauros!).

If they ever do a region based on Spain, I truly hope they don't reference bullfighting. I'm Spanish and it's a disgusting tradition in our country that a lot of us are trying to get banned.

But yeah, a region based on latin countries would be cool. Lots of influences and stuff to take inspiration from.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Not just because I'm Mexican, but I was thinking that if they ever got Mexico as an inspiration for Pokémon or any other game, there's lots of environments and things that could be represented (poverty and drug dealers aside :P). We have arid deserts in the north, tropical jungles in the south, there's forests, mountains, snowy peaks, volcanoes, huge metropolises and hundreds of tiny little towns, archeological sites, pyramids, colonial buildings from when the European arrived, ancient cave paintings. There's thousands of kilometers of coastline, and the beaches vary a lot from the cold waters of the Pacific Ocean at the north, to the warmer waters at the south, then there's the Gulf of California, the Gulf of Mexico, the Caribbean, even the sand looks different; thousands of rivers, lakes, waterfalls, you name it.There's several stadiums that could follow up Galar's sporty theme, the entertainment industry is also important, there's cultural centers around the country, research labs, there's industries, there's all kinds of different traditions varying from state to state, or even from town to town. It really has all the elements for a traditional Pokémon region.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
An African region would be pretty nifty but also a minefield in that it would need to be approached with higher sensitivity. Also doesn't seem fair that it would be the whole continent when individual countries (or cities even!) have been regions for other games.

Jun 2, 2019
I'd rather them tackle some small country again, like Italy or Spain

I dunno, o get the feeling that getting inspired in huge countries gives an uncharacteristic result. Small country based regions feel more focused

Bowser

Nov 7, 2017
If they ever do a region based on Spain, I truly hope they don't reference bullfighting. I'm Spanish and it's a disgusting tradition in our country that a lot of us are trying to get banned.

But yeah, a region based on latin countries would be cool. Lots of influences and stuff to take inspiration from.
I dont think they'd even mention It, all we would see is an Iberian Tauros.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please no. We're tired of the US locations in other games.
I dont know who we is, Pokemon has only been to Unova for mainland, and Hawaii is as much a different culture as anywhere else, regardless of being a state.

Compared to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh for Japan and now Kalos and Galar for Europe.