• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
I feel like the conversation will turn south if we focus on this new supposed removal, so here's a question for you guys instead. Since Gen 4 remakes seem inevitable, which Pokemon would you want to see get 'Sinnohian' variants and how would you change them?
Gave this a go, really enjoy hypotheticals like this. Only used new type combinations (I think) because why not. Anything with a regional evo I did not give a name, because that requires a fair deal more effort. Also didn't want to do any gen 1s but ghost eevee as a one-off regional eevee seemed cool to me.

Sinnohan Sunflora - Fire/Grass
Give Sunkern a Fire Stone.
The "sun pokemon" becomes a little more literal.
New evo based on burning bush.(Also Fire/Grass.) Found around Floaroma probably.

Sinnohan Teddiursa - Normal/Ice
Sinnohan Ursaring - Normal/Ice
The "hibernator pokemon" adapts to become ice type. Lives atop Mt. Coronet.

Sinnohan Stantler - Fairy/Fire
Its antlers create illusions but it's normal type. Sinnohan Stantler just leaned into their abilities much more and became more will o wisp type creatures, leading people astray. Appears in the field as a disembodied light!

Sinnohan Zangoose - Normal/Steel
Its claws have become steel in its efforts to overcome Seviper.
New evo that evolves after defeating a certain number of Seviper, and becomes a veteran tired of its blood feud. (Also Poison/Steel.)

Sinnohan Seviper - Poison/Steel
Its tail has become steel in its efforts to overcome Zangoose.
New evo that evolves after defeating a certain number of Zangoose, and becomes a veteran tired of its blood feud. (Also Poison/Steel.)

Sinnohan Cryogonal - Ice/Poison
Born when snow clouds mix with air pollution, this pokemon is more dangerous when found in large groups.
New evo based on snow clouds with a dark purple color scheme. (Also Ice/Poison.)

Sinnohan Eevee - Ghost
The result of failing to evolve (in a general sense… not… you know what I mean) is a dead end for the "evolution pokemon."
Evolves into a ghost type Eeveelution with type Ghost/Normal.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
not enough for me. still can't rock a fro nor have pants that don't stop at the ankles. they could also use more accessories as well as bags. GF should hit up the Splatoon peeps when it comes to variety
Splatoon is clearly a reference in the genre but I won't call Pokemon's "very limited". It is still more in-depth than almost every JRPG I played.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
I've only seen the starter evolutions (thank god)

The Affleck leaka few early game pokemon

And a galarian form because of a youtube title

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon is clearly a reference in the genre but I won't call Pokemon's "very limited". It is still more in-depth than almost every JRPG I played.
I wouldn't call having long pants and afros a "genre". and Pokemon has been no less contemporary in dress style than Splatoon. it shouldn't be so hard to make a character that mimics myself in a game like Pokemon, but here we are

and in other news, the very last Gen 7 games in VGC is happening next week

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Oddly enough I think the cuts have given me way more incentive to actually complete the Galar dex. Not having hundreds of pokemon I'd need to transfer from other gens looming over me makes it feel way more attainable.
To my knowledge, there was nothing stopping you doing this before they cut pokemon.

In USUM, I remember having the ability to transfer pokemon that had no dex entries.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
is the female trainer going to be in the new anime?

I doubt she will but I can't accept her being anything other than Scottish. The meme has gotten too strong in my headcanon. I can no longer stop it.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
To my knowledge, there was nothing stopping you doing this before they cut pokemon.

In USUM, I remember having the ability to transfer pokemon that had no dex entries.
In US/UM you were even able to catch several that had no dex entries.

To be fair, that may still be the case here. We won't know for certain until someone does a datamine and we get breakdowns of everything, but based on their statements it's not seeming likely.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EI3UOuuXUAALKxA

soon

chase beck

Banned
Jan 3, 2018
On the topic of incentive to complete, finishing the regional dex never felt satisfying in the way it does to finish a national dex. I hadn't caught them all since Gen 5 before Let's Go, and say what you will about those games, but I felt accomplished and finished when I finished that dex. I think the smaller dex being all there is to complete will help those without the generations of support to finish the national dex gain a feeling of completion.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

I still can't believe this is a pokémon song, so amazing.

This is like peak pokemon music. It doesn't feel entirely like an Ichinose composition however it feels like a proper continuation to his style, way more than whatever XY was trying to do. Even if I'm down on some of the games aspects after the last week when and if I ever do get a Switch and Shield its definitely gonna be one of the better games in the series for me.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
how about giving a good reason to complete the dex. the shiny charm is a shit reward because you already went through the trouble of catching everything. now do it again, but even harder!

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
On the topic of incentive to complete, finishing the regional dex never felt satisfying in the way it does to finish a national dex. I hadn't caught them all since Gen 5 before Let's Go, and say what you will about those games, but I felt accomplished and finished when I finished that dex. I think the smaller dex being all there is to complete will help those without the generations of support to finish the national dex gain a feeling of completion.

I'm going for a Living Dex this time, I think. Having a smaller number of Pokémon to train is making me want to do it.

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
The only time I ever even tried to complete a dex was back in Gen 1 when I had to bring my game boy to school and hope other kids had the right pokemon to trade for. After coming real close to completing it I heard that there was going to be another Pokemon game with like 100 more new Pokemon and I just gave up completely lmao

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Gave this a go, really enjoy hypotheticals like this. Only used new type combinations (I think) because why not. Anything with a regional evo I did not give a name, because that requires a fair deal more effort. Also didn't want to do any gen 1s but ghost eevee as a one-off regional eevee seemed cool to me.

Sinnohan Sunflora - Fire/Grass
Give Sunkern a Fire Stone.
The "sun pokemon" becomes a little more literal.
New evo based on burning bush.(Also Fire/Grass.) Found around Floaroma probably.

Sinnohan Teddiursa - Normal/Ice
Sinnohan Ursaring - Normal/Ice
The "hibernator pokemon" adapts to become ice type. Lives atop Mt. Coronet.

Sinnohan Stantler - Fairy/Fire
Its antlers create illusions but it's normal type. Sinnohan Stantler just leaned into their abilities much more and became more will o wisp type creatures, leading people astray. Appears in the field as a disembodied light!

Sinnohan Zangoose - Normal/Steel
Its claws have become steel in its efforts to overcome Seviper.
New evo that evolves after defeating a certain number of Seviper, and becomes a veteran tired of its blood feud. (Also Poison/Steel.)

Sinnohan Seviper - Poison/Steel
Its tail has become steel in its efforts to overcome Zangoose.
New evo that evolves after defeating a certain number of Zangoose, and becomes a veteran tired of its blood feud. (Also Poison/Steel.)

Sinnohan Cryogonal - Ice/Poison
Born when snow clouds mix with air pollution, this pokemon is more dangerous when found in large groups.
New evo based on snow clouds with a dark purple color scheme. (Also Ice/Poison.)

Sinnohan Eevee - Ghost
The result of failing to evolve (in a general sense… not… you know what I mean) is a dead end for the "evolution pokemon."
Evolves into a ghost type Eeveelution with type Ghost/Normal.
Nice!! I really love the Sunflora, Teddiursa, and Cryagonal ideas especially

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I am sad how the conversation for these games is going ever since E3. For me Pokemon is like this force of positivity whenever I play a new one - so seeing a lot of the threads turn worse than shit like console wars is just really, really disappointing.

Atleast we have this one thread here that has normal conversations going on. Appreciate yall
Yeah I'm gonna see how the OT goes, but after Sw/Sh I think I'm just done participating in any Pokemon talk on this board online or in general. US/UM -> Let's Go (which I didn't even play) -> Sw/Sh has just been a train of misery here. I just took a peek into the latest thread and it's like, why do I need this in my life? lol

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Also a heads up! I talked to Amazon customer support and the $10 amazon credit DOES come with the digital preorder as well. Woo woo

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still, threatening lives can't be taken as a joke, especially since it seems like Gamefreak are cancelling a release event where some of the devs were supposed to be present, must be feeling threatened or something.

Well yeah but what I'm saying is that ppl on 4chan post thousands of death threats and such just like they're jokes, so while it's definitely a terrible thing you shouldn't be too worried about the safety of Masuda & Ohmori, they aren't going to do shit.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean as an American I've learned first hand the thin line between trolling and actual violence nowadays so I can't blame anyone for being a bit nervous.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm really worried about is how we keep seing the same locations in trailers/commercials. Is this common? (can't remember)

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only thing I'm really worried about is how we keep seing the same locations in trailers/commercials. Is this common? (can't remember)

They're keen on showing very little of the content of the game and keep the surprise to the people.
That said, you can roughly guess the locations and environments of the game in the officially released Galar region map.