• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
When is the embargo down?

The general sense of gaslighting whoever criticises anything about the game is insane. Y'all talk about how toxic the discussion has become without offering any meaningful insight apart from shutting down some well presented complaints about the mismatch between what is marketing team pushing and what has leaked.

There are literally snippets of articles posted few month back saying the game doesn't reuse assets (which would be fine if it did actually, weren't they pretty detailed for 3DS?) and then there are mesh comparisons proving that in fact, Game Freak has indeed lie about it. They retract the review copies (which we all know is a viable way of avoiding a PR disaster, right) and omit mentioning pretty big changes to the game.

Sorry, but if it was Bethesda, Blizzard or Activision, it would (and was, deservedly) be a unified shitstorm - Pokemon is not a kiddie franchise, and GF is not a kiddie developer.

I am still curious what critics have to say, I do hope the actual game is great but god does it look messy and unpolished. I am still holding on to the preorder but maybe I am better off just cancelling it, getting Sport Ring Adventure and just sweat it out instead, lol.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
We don't want you here.
Sad to see you look at it like that. Atleast the ignore function has its uses!
Your negativity does nothing productive and honestly you and everyone on my ignore list obviously have no life for taking something so serious. I want to enjoy the game.
You're going on my ignore list like the rest. Byeeee
Now who is the negative one here? I'm not the one throwing a tantrum over a video game that is not even out yet. Sorry for voicing my worries for a franchise that has been part of my life since the 90s.

I would suggest you find better ways to overcome your hurdles going forward though. I hope you don't deal with your issues like that outside these forums...

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
It's impressive how you actually have no argument and are just dismissing without substance. I ain't pleading as well I'm theatrically being fed up reading so these garbage fanboy takes that come from a place of clearly being bothered more that their favorite thing is getting criticized rather having any actual substantive disagreement with what is being criticized.

It's different people? And this argument of how because something has been brought up it can't be brought up again is just dumb. That's not how any internet discussion works but apparently pokemon wants to be special and have special rules just to cut down on the things that hurt their fragile egos that can't take having a game be criticized.
I tried to discuss with you, really. However, the fact that you can't stop yourself from calling people weirdos or fragile egos in every reply is making me realize that a healthy discussion is not possible with you.

That's a shame but oh well, there are no shortage of people to talk with.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
We don't want you here. Your negativity does nothing productive. I want to enjoy the game.
You're going on my ignore list like the rest.

Speak for yourself.

Negativity can be productive. Every heard of constructive criticism?

This is pretty shameful but exactly the type of gatekeeping and aversion to discussion that the Pokémon community seems to be chock full of these days.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It's impressive how you actually have no argument and are just dismissing without substance. I ain't pleading as well I'm theatrically being fed up reading so these garbage fanboy takes that come from a place of clearly being bothered more that their favorite thing is getting criticized rather having any actual substantive disagreement with what is being criticized.

It's different people? And this argument of how because something has been brought up it can't be brought up again is just dumb. That's not how any internet discussion works but apparently pokemon wants to be special and have special rules just to cut down on the things that hurt their fragile egos that can't take having a game be criticized.

What argument was I supposed to present? I just thought the crazy person in the room shouting at people to be normal was especially funny. I haven't even played a Pokemon game in years, I just poked my head in the thread just in time to catch your ramblings.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, the guy he's quoting is telling every positive person in this thread to be "normal"
If that's your take away you are very much part of the problem. Hint you can absolutely be positive about the game while being normal.
It includes not whining about people having legitimate criticism and it also includes ignoring them unless you have an actual argument for the criticism to communicate a disagreement. It also includes just sharing your own positive takes and expectation instead of focusing on things that do not affect you.

I do not understand how that was so hard. LMAO actually lmao.
What argument was I supposed to present? I just thought the crazy person in the room shouting at people to be normal was especially funny. I haven't even played a Pokemon game in years, I just poked my head in the thread just in time to catch your ramblings.
That you have to ask this question is a clear indicator that you're actually incapable of engaging with anything meaningful so shush.
Someone earlier was bringing forth the argument that this thread is not for datamine stuff cause they actually engaged and didn't just go wow you#re just crazy cause I don't agree but at the same time I actually don't have a single counterargument. This is the pathetic thing that comes out of a mentality that criticism is toxic. People actually can't form critical thought anymore xD(hint I'm being snarky)

Jun 2, 2019
This is pretty shameful but exactly the type of gatekeeping and aversion to discussion that the Pokémon community seems to be chock full of these days.

Oh, you mean like having a positive opinion and being called weirdo, fanboy, bootlicker and corporate shill among other thinks. You who is using Serebii as an excuse for the raid, what to ask him what HE had and has to read every day since this shit started?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017

The general sense of gaslighting whoever criticises anything about the game is insane. Y'all talk about how toxic the discussion has become without offering any meaningful insight apart from shutting down some well presented complaints about the mismatch between what is marketing team pushing and what has leaked.

There are literally snippets of articles posted few month back saying the game doesn't reuse assets (which would be fine if it did actually, weren't they pretty detailed for 3DS?) and then there are mesh comparisons proving that in fact, Game Freak has indeed lie about it. They retract the review copies (which we all know is a viable way of avoiding a PR disaster, right) and omit mentioning pretty big changes to the game.

Sorry, but if it was Bethesda, Blizzard or Activision, it would (and was, deservedly) be a unified shitstorm - Pokemon is not a kiddie franchise, and GF is not a kiddie developer.

I am still curious what critics have to say, I do hope the actual game is great but god does it look messy and unpolished. I am still holding on to the preorder but maybe I am better off just cancelling it, getting Sport Ring Adventure and just sweat it out instead, lol.
Looks at the rest of ERA Pokemon threads and the rest of the internet. You don't call this a shitstorm? I'd hate to see what you think is a shitstorm if this isn't. And honestly people streaming dumped roms without the day one patch when miraculously the original leaker who had a review copy made no mention of any problems seems suspect but hey let's jump to conclusions because pirates are playing the game early.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
It's World Kindness Day, come on guys. Everybody hug!

Except Bewear.

BRtGQs2.png

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Clefargle you might come with good intentions but agreeing with the person throwing personnal attacks in every single post of his is a bad look imo.

You don't need to do that in order to make your point.

jerk

Nov 6, 2017
We don't want you here. Your negativity does nothing productive. I want to enjoy the game.
You're going on my ignore list like the rest.
is this childish tantrum productive
additionally could we stop calling users crazy. it's weird. feel like we're in the 1900s

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe hold off on that preorder and just wait a while? Sounds like a better option for you honestly.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Oh, you mean like having a positive opinion and being called weirdo, fanboy, bootlicker and corporate shill among other thinks. You who is using Serebii as an excuse for the raid, what to ask him what HE had and has to read every day since this shit started?

Im not doing any of that stuff.And Serebii did post the original post about the models that I replied to:
Is it bad the models are the same, or derivative of the originals (Many have different tri counts)? No, not at all. It's quite common. Many games use assets from asset libraries and don't get crap for it.

The messaging has definitely been off, they probably shouldn't have said what they did about the models without delving further into the details. I knew people would just go for the wireframes and say this though.

People don't half go to extremes though, eesh

So I'm not seeing your point

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
Looks at the rest of ERA Pokemon threads and the rest of the internet. You don't call this a shitstorm? I'd hate to see what you think is a shitstorm if this isn't. And honestly people streaming dumped roms without the day one patch when miraculously the original leaker who had a review copy made no mention of any problems seems suspect but hey let's jump to conclusions because pirates are playing the game early.

Where did I deny it is not a shitstorm with GF?

And what day 1 patch are you talking about?

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
I tried to discuss with you, really. However, the fact that you can't stop yourself from calling people weirdos or fragile egos in every reply is making me realize that a healthy discussion is not possible with you.

That's a shame but oh well, there are no shortage of people to talk with.
What do you call someone that can not be happy about receiving their dream game or a game they'll be sure to like going by everything they know but instead gets so unhappy about people sharing their own personal issues with the game?

Give me a label I'll be sure to use it xD. Also no you didn't really discuss anything because all you did was trying to tone police without engaging with the things I said so *shrug*
That's not an excuse. People should be more respectful to one another, otherwise discussion is simply not possible.
Respect starts with being respectful of the argument. To imply that criticism is a tool to bring other people down and not a tool to communicate issues about a "product" is as far from respectful as you can get and hence it deserved the callout. Also hey according to the logic provided about how they're fed up with how people just share the same criticism? I'm also fed up with seeing this fanboy attitude hence I've gone more colorful. Isn't that nice when people operate under similar logic xD?

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
Where did I deny it is not a shitstorm with GF?

And what day 1 patch are you talking about?
"Sorry, but if it was Bethesda, Blizzard or Activision, it would (and was, deservedly) be a unified shitstorm - Pokemon is not a kiddie franchise, and GF is not a kiddie developer."

The day one patch reviewers most likely got. The first leaker made no mention of glitches or bugs.

Fiksi

Oct 27, 2017
Hard to believe this is only 2 days away now~

I think the Wild Area stuff is what I'm most excited about, I've always wanted a more open form of multiplayer so it'll be cool to wander around and do raid battles and such together with friends :D

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
I'm tempted to not let my Scorbunny evolve, I'm scared what it will become based on past games and their fire starters.

EliVilla

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm just coming in here to shout out Grookey as best starter. Hopefully their evolutions ain't butt.
#GrookeyGang

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Wasn't techno born in Europe? I know the late 90's/early 00's had a really big euro techno scene
What do you guys think of the Gym leader theme and can someone explain me to my why Game Freak thinks we Europeans are into techno?
X/Y Gym leader theme had even more techno vibes and I actually like both themes but it's still funny that they seem to think it's the music we are listening to here lol.

Techno originates from a fusion of several musical styles from the 1970-80s, most of which originated from europe.
I definitively know that Techno is quite heavly based on the "Neue Deutsche Welle", so maybe they got it from that.

Anyway, i love Techno, so im not complaining.
they just need djbobo to make a track for the next pokemon game.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Hostility over a series of posts in a thread. Accumulated infractions.
The complete lack of understanding of what happened is shocking.
How do you actually go and ACTUALLY believe that my issue was that people had a positive opinion?

Pls show me the quote. God this is actually beyond stupid. TLDR people are weirdos for getting upset that their favorite thing is criticized.
That is indeed fanboy behavior. Notice how I do not go into threads and pick people just sharing their enthusiasm for the game and talking about things they're excited about? Because fuck yeah that's what discussion is for too I support that.
Nah I specifically picked a post that was like "stop being so critical we all already heard this stop bringing the mood down".
I cannot believe how such an OBVIOUS difference is not crystal clear.

But sure buddy I was upset at people for being positive what a good takeaway displaying that the pokemon community is full of critically thinking people actually engaging with the arguments in a logical manner *eye roll* It's actually funny how perfectly this illustrates what I'm fed up with.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Going to pick this up but not sure which version to get exclusive Pokemon wise. Leaning towards Sword at the moment.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Guys, be nice to each other, please. Respect people having different opinions. This is the only safe place probably on the entire internet, let's not ruin it.

GooZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's terrible, both threads are just a circlejerk now about who's more awful. I really wonder how the OT will go.
Hopefully better with people having the game in their hands. Raids is a first for Pokemon I believe so could be lively in a long term with more multiplayer connectivity option and events could be a thing with this new feature.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I'm tempted to not let my Scorbunny evolve, I'm scared what it will become based on past games and their fire starters.
Don't read this if you don't want vague spoilers

If you like Scorbunny I think you'll definitely like it's mid-stage and probably its final stage as well.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, this behaviour needs to stop. People on both sides of the argument are showing too much hostility.
It will stop once people that are happy with the game learn to be happy. I'm not sure how realistic it is for pokemon specifically after following this over months but it's possible for sure even for big communities like Monster Hunter.

Also speaking coming from other game communities that don't throw a tantrum for criticism this is not a both sides issue. It is a fanboy mentality issue.
Right now go into the fire emblem thread and write up a detailed post about why the DLC is kind of disappointing so far and be surprised how no one DESPITE everyone loving the game will give you shit for that post.