• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Folks made it look like it was going to be the next Fallout 76 for Pokemon.

After seeing reviews I can gladly get Sword without worry.

Watta92

Nov 8, 2019
you all give some solid arguments about which starter to choose!

another question! is it required to play raids with friends? I personally don´t know people with a switch so playing with friends could be a problem and i´m usually not this active on online forums ( i could start to be more active if i got the time)

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017

another question! is it required to play raids with friends? I personally don´t know people with a switch so playing with friends could be a problem and i´m usually not this active on online forums ( i could start to be more active if i got the time)

No, it looks like you get set up with NPC players if you're not playing with friends/randos

Oni

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still pretty hyped for this. The pacing a story of sun and moon (first games I haven't finished) did my head in so not too fussed about the story complaints, and when I think back my favourite games (Gold and Silver) didn't have much of a story until the end if I remember correctly. Lack of dungeons really sucks though.

Timelord19

One Winged Slayer
Aug 21, 2018
Mallorca, Spain

You can play with NPC, but some reviewers said they weren't very bright. Here's hoping they are fun because they are one of the things I'm more excited about.

Dymaxion

Sep 19, 2018
Hot take: It seems based off the reviews that there's potential here for a "third game" follow up that greatly improved the experience, but I cannot wait for that to happen. I looked forward to the "Pokémon Z" that never happened and just enjoyed X for what it was in the end.

Jun 2, 2019
Hot take: It seems based off the reviews that there's potential here for a "third game" follow up that greatly improved the experience, but I cannot wait for that to happen. I looked forward to the "Pokémon Z" that never happened and just enjoyed X for what it was in the end.

Well, yeah, third versions seems to be a thing of the past. I wouldn't mind one that expanded on the SwSh experience as I wanted to get for the Kalos entries.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I don't think we'll be getting enhanced versions again

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
So from the reviews what I'm getting is it's the X/Y equivalent to the Switch, as in there's a lot of potential and it's not great, but it's fun and enjoyable.
sounds about right, its XY but with more QOL, on the switch, and a much more accessible way to get into competitive. There are also multiple reviews which say that raids are fun and challenging

Jun 2, 2019
The hardest part about this weekend is I have to somehow juggle this and Fallen Order. RIP

Oh man, this morning i paid the humble monthly and though about starting Yakuza Kiwami tonight

What have i done?

Eurogamer's mention of next-to-no dungeons, least of all any more challenging than Viridian Forest, did it for me.

Hm... well, it's not like they were all that enjoyable in the 3D games. It seemed to me like Game Freak didn't know how to translate them correctly to 3D. Still a bummer though.

I would like them to take a pre-Breath of the Wild 3D Zelda to them, giving the player character items that take the HMs' place

Time will tell

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Did you get your copies today at a Joe? My UK retailer shipped today so I'll be getting mine tomorrow. But I saw you were hoping for today for yours.
Na didn't come today (else I wouldn't be here :P)
Why would you think that? We got UM and US right?

also any idea when we could expect your coverage? is always awesome to read your discoveries on your site
Yeah but there was blowback

Coverage should begin when AU eShop unlocks. Hoping post comes beforehand though

Geg

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some of the reviews has got me finally thinking about what kind of team I want to start out with but there's so much to try to choose from lol.

In my gen 6/7 playthroughs I always tried to get a Pikachu/Raichu for my team but I think I may finally skip it in favor of Yamper this time

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
When can we expect the OT? Last I remember I saw it mentioned that it'd be an hour after the review topic

Oct 27, 2017
Ahhh, 2 more days. Still TeamPure. I'm struggling to contain my excitement.

Anyway, I get the feeling that we're more likely to get sequels or remakes rather than "3rd versions" going forward.

Gles

Aug 4, 2019
Damn, I'm so excited for this game and I still don't know which one is going to be my starter.

Jun 2, 2019
Seems to me the performance issues were overblown a little bit?

Is there an issue in this game that hasn't been overblown a little bit? Because holy fuck

Honestly hoping for the game to ease training and leveling as much as possible. If something killed Sun and Moon for me was how slow was everything. I clocked an insane amount of hours on X and Omega Rubi because i found no reason to stop training new mons.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I'm more like asking if the performance issues were overblown not about the cut features.
Oh sorry I misunderstood the question.

I mean the pop-in still doesn't look great, the trainer models vanishing during attacks is pretty rough, and multiple reviews point out that some of the old moves have really dated animations (Gamexplain mentions it off the top of my head). Plus there's some mention of the Wild Area framerate suffering some drops in docked mode outside of battle.

But also if all you've seen of the games is the meme-able gifs it'll definitely seem a lot worse than when you're playing the game for multiple hours. It seems like reviews mentioned it but it was far from ruining the experience.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Oh sorry I misunderstood the question.

I mean the pop-in still doesn't look great, the trainer models vanishing during attacks is pretty rough, and multiple reviews point out that some of the old moves have really dated animations (Gamexplain mentions it off the top of my head).

But also if all you've seen of the games is the meme-able gifs it'll definitely seem a lot worse than when you're playing the game for multiple hours.

It should also be pointed out that there are some really great animations, too. We mock the shitty ones, but the good ones look amazing and most of them are good enough and go unnoticed.

I've seen a few Camp gifs and it looks like a lot of love went into animating that, even if battles look a bit stiff sometimes.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry I'm late and I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I've heard that
Bulbasaur
is in after all? Does that mean that the "cut Pokemon" list that went around recently was incorrect?

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Sorry I'm late and I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but I've heard that Bulbasaur is in after all? Does that mean that the "cut Pokemon" list that went around recently was incorrect?
A handful of extra Pokemon were found in the code but not obtainable in-game. These will likely be used for events. These were the Kanto starters, Alola starters, and various legendaries. There were around 35 new ones found.