• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know yet if we can invite specified people to raids or is it randos and NPCs only?

SothisKrieg

Oct 25, 2017
It is going to be good first Pokemon games. What you are witnessing is just a part of the fanbase's anger for years now.

Even them wouldn't advice you Let'sGo over Sw/Sh. You can take a look at the previews if you want, they were very positive.

Seeing the reviews i think you are right ! Seems a good one to start with the franchise.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hearing that it's supposed to be the Switch's version of XY is good to me.

I don't really like XY, but I did very much enjoy my first play trough so it's the least I'm willing to settle for

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, what time do eShop games in North America usually unlock? Is it midnight EST or PST?

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
I love that the Gamespot review has Wooloo in pretty much every screenshot. I stan.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I live fairly close to an Amazon warehouse so they never start shipping stuff out until the day before which just sends my anticipation into overdrive. 😆 Made dinner plans after work on Friday so I won't be stalking the mailman like with Moon.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Do you remember what reviews they were in? if you don't it's fine, i'm just curious as to what mon it was

It may have been Gamespot? I'm not sure. I looked at ten of them earlier, they're all a blur lol

EDIT: It's Polygon. The first picture.

Is this an online game?i never played a pokemon game and never read a preview I wanted this to be my first.

There are online features, but it's mainly a single-player experience.

Classicrock78

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
San Antonio

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Eurogamer called the games "entirely dungeonless", curious as to how that sits with you guys in this thread.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
Hard to know the full implication of that without playing. My love of the game hasn't really been too strongly tied to dungeons previously. So 🤷‍♂️

Seems like the wild area is supposed to take their place, which I think is probably better anyway because the dungeon designs were getting long in the tooth. It's funny how in most of the older games like up to Gen IV at least the dungeons weren't optional, but by the end of the game you could get around the overworld without having to duck in and out of specific dungeons. Starting with Gen V dungeons were a necessary part of the routes to take to get from one town to the other and it just bogged down the design of the world a lot (there's a lot I appreciate about Gen V, but as I always say the world design was emphatically NOT one of those things). Wild areas seem like a good way to get the structure of a dungeon while retaining relative directness from one place to another.