• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Got an email from ShopTo, they will be processing my pokemon games on Monday, that means I could get Sw&Sh by Wednesday, i usually get my games a day earlier prior to release when they process my order on Tuesday, they are even quicker than their usual standards.

I'm hyped

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
Lemme add to the hype train the way I know how...
HastyAncientEnglishpointer-max-1mb.gif

giphy.webp

tumblr_psmoiyPSbY1qf5hjqo5_500.gifv

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
i just watched the newest trailer, and we need to talk about charizard...

When it gigantamaxes, it looses its wings.
First i thought they were just clad in fire, but in the trailer you can clearly see the wings it has are 100% fire.
What did they do the the wings.
I get cutting pokemon from the roster, but cutting part of a pokemon and just leaving the amputee in seems a step to far.

Fendoreo1

Jan 1, 2019
Really looking forward to these games, I feel like this is the only thread on the internet where you can discuss them without too much negativity lol. Super excited by what I've seen both officially and leaked.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
I don't know if this is considered a spoiler but I'll spoiler tag it anyway, just thought you guys should know seeing as TPC haven't mentioned it

at the moment based on what the leaker has said it looks unlikely that there is a GTS in the game
Wait, so how do they expect players to finish the Pokedex if they can't trade the version exclusives? There are without a doubt people out there who love Pokemon but have no friends that care about it. I guess they just want people to get lucky through surprise trade...? This seems like such a bogus thing to remove.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, so how do they expect players to finish the Pokedex if they can't trade the version exclusives? There are without a doubt people out there who love Pokemon but have no friends that care about it. I guess they just want people to get lucky through surprise trade...? This seems like such a bogus thing to remove.
It's just a rumor with any backing right now since no one can trade outside of local anyway. Let's just ignore this. We have enough negativity in the fandom right now

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any Pokémon whose designs just unnerve you? Not taking lore into account or anything, I have just always been vaguely frightened of Hitmonlee because I think there's a smaller creature inside it

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
It's just a rumor with any backing right now since no one can trade outside of local anyway. Let's just ignore this. We have enough negativity in the fandom right now
Yeah, you're right, my b. Just a little worried because all my irl friends are getting the same version as me and I don't wanna miss out on the exclusive mons.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still Team Pure. Dragon Quest XI S is still doing an excellent job entertaining me.

is the female trainer going to be in the new anime?

I doubt she will but I can't accept her being anything other than Scottish. The meme has gotten too strong in my headcanon. I can no longer stop it.

The new anime so far is using orginal anime characters as the main cast. I wonder when we will see any of the human SwSh characters in the upcoming series?

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
Are there any Pokémon whose designs just unnerve you? Not taking lore into account or anything, I have just always been vaguely frightened of Hitmonlee because I think there's a smaller creature inside it
Mr. Mime ever since the jump to 3D. He was fine as a sprite or when animated but if what it is, his model just makes me be like.... no.

Pundere

Oct 30, 2017
To my knowledge, there was nothing stopping you doing this before they cut pokemon.

In USUM, I remember having the ability to transfer pokemon that had no dex entries.
Oh I know, but there was always a mental barrier for me knowing that even if I complete the regional dex I wouldn't actually be 100% done with the game without transferring pokemon in from a bunch of games I don't have anymore.

It's an issue I have with collectibles in a lot of games: if I don't think I can get everything, I probably won't even try to get the ones that are easily available.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
The barnacle pokemon from gen 5 is so unnerving i still cant look at it for more than a few secs before i just go nope and look away.

i can see how its a nicely designed pokemon and a good idea as a concept, but something in my lizard brain just nopes everytime i see it.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Can't believe it's only a week away, I'm so excited. Weirdly I think the thing I'm looking forward to most is overworld encounter. Can't wait to wander into Slumbering Weald and see what Pokemon live there. Oh

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
The barnacle pokemon from gen 5 is so unnerving i still cant look at it for more than a few secs before i just go nope and look away.

i can see how its a nicely designed pokemon and a good idea as a concept, but something in my lizard brain just nopes everytime i see it.
gen 6 you mean? Unless there is a Pokemon I'm forgetting.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
The Timburr line has always creeped me the heck out because of the huge veins all over their bodies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I have a soft spot for all the Ultra Beasts.

Its like Game Freak were trying to make a bunch of cute SCPs.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Mr. Mime ever since the jump to 3D. He was fine as a sprite or when animated but if what it is, his model just makes me be like.... no.
Detective Pikachu looked at that model and said "hold my beer"
Hypo because it's honestly feels like something straight out of horrific urban legends
Hypno is actually a relief for me because in the 3D games Drowzee's finger motions..gah

You don't like the hand face?