• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

KLonso

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all think I should bother playing S/M before this? I already own it but was kind of turned off by reports that it's too handholdy and that the story is terrible. Worth playing at all or just skip?

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
Y'all think I should bother playing S/M before this? I already own it but was kind of turned off by reports that it's too handholdy and that the story is terrible. Worth playing at all or just skip?
I like Sun and Moon but they're very hard to get into and the first 2 hours really drags. I'd probably wait and play Sword and Shield first and then maybe revisit Sun and Moon later to see what you think. Plus the story is pretty good, probably my favourite ever Pokemon story.

DaToonie

Oct 26, 2017
I think SM might be worth it for the story, but the handholdy stuff did make me struggle to enjoy it a loooot. Also yeah, you might get burned out before Sw/Sh, so maybe it's best to wait?

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
Speaking of story, I really hope they don't pull another Lillie on us. The way it felt like she was the protagonist just turned me off from the story so much even though I did enjoy most of it.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this point you might as well play the new one next week but if you already have the game at some point you should play it lol

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
289.gif

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Tbh it was easier than I thought haha. Not gonna lie though, the urges to check the leaks thread was at 100% the first day or two. With just one week to go I'm super excited to discover Galar without being spoiled.

Dogenzaka

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 20, 2019
I seriously can't wait to see all the new Galar forms, they were such a cool introduction to the series and I've liked ever single new take on an old pokemon. Yes, even Alolan Dugtrio. :P

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Does she also play games? My partner has preordered the opposite version to mine and is playing alongside me.
She won't get a Switch Lite until Animal Crossing comes out and we switch positions.

When we both had 3DSs we played the versions for a bit until she's lose interest. At one point she told me "I forgot you could beat Pokémon games, I thought you just caught them until you got bored."

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
She won't get a Switch Lite until Animal Crossing comes out and we switch positions.

When we both had 3DSs we played the versions for a bit until she's lose interest. At one point she told me "I forgot you could beat Pokémon games, I thought you just caught them until you got bored."
Oh boy, between Pokémon and Animal Crossing, my social life will be non-existant. Lol.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a step ahead of you, can't end what never began
Hahaha. I mean, between planning, marking and reports I don't have much of one currently either. It's okay though, my colleagues don't need to know that when I went camping on the weekend, or went out for a curry, it was a purely digital experience.

Banamy

Oct 27, 2017
I plan on getting the game at midnight, playing through the night. Maybe sleep, then play more. Took vacation for this game.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Happy 1 week from Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order Pokemon SWISH day! I added myself to the friend code list thing - I think I'm getting Shield so I'm counting on a Sword person to get me a Farfetch'd!

Deleted member 40102

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
I was about to see the final evo in the main channel from the thumbnail gif of their youtube video but I saw the title in the last sec and I burnt my phone all together.

This is literally my first pokemon game I go into not knowing even what the second evolution of the starters looks like.

I'm so excited I can't wait for my grookie to turn into hideous gorilla and start regretting not getting sobble or the bunny one.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Wait..

*Omega Ruby*

So Deoxys has made multiple attempts to destroy the earth since forever?

What a dick. And I used to think he was cool.

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely hate the concept of regional variants and the ones in Alola all looked really dumb. Dugtrio, Persian, Golem. They looked like some Mr. Potato Head Elementary school fanart shit

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely hate the concept of regional variants and the ones in Alola all looked really dumb. Dugtrio, Persian, Golem. They looked like some Mr. Potato Head Elementary school fanart shit
You definitely chose the worst of them to make your point, but those three aside, the rest of the Alolan regional variants are fantastic improvements on their original designs.