• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
Only 5 days in some countries :)

sUutFaP8.gif

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I also contributed to the hashtag just now. It's a nice incentive, and infinitely better than the rampant negativity
Last night I tried to make sure that Game Freak knew it wasn't everyone who was hatefilled. I got some hate, death threats and vile shit from doing so. However, this shows I was right to do so. I would do it again in a heartbeat

Mystic Umbreon deserves the credit here for starting this hashtag. I'm glad they did

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
I swear to god this is like a fucking infinite loop paradox

You have to get your team good to get the mints to get your team good to get the mints to get your team good. GameFreak don't lock the fucking TEAMBUILDING ITEMS behind a currency that requires you to have BUILT A TEAM

Battle Tower contains a rental facility. You can borrow team ala Battle Factory. You don't really need to build a team to grind for BP if you do the Rental stuff.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Well that is an interesting hash-tag going about, MysticUmbreon was the one that started it I assume?

Whilst I do have grievances with some of their recent decisions (Woof at some of the leak stuff, not gonna talk about it here, but woof indeed.), some of the pokemon games would make it into top 25s of best games and I do have to respect them for that. Black and White 2, Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver espicially rank very high, as do Emerald and Crystal and Moon. I'd give credit to Mystery Dungeon Explorers to Chun-Soft specifically which is my favourite spin-off in the series. But the spin-off wouldn't exist without the main games.

I stayed 6 hours in a line just for some unique merch at a really small store in london and got to meet some wild and weird people along the way. No other series has got me to do that. I'll say that.

Although I do worry some of the worst comments are yet to come when the datamine occurs and launch happens... Launch at least should be fun for awhile with everyone discovering all the new mons and enjoying the world at least.

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
It's not (sarcastic)

I'm glad :3

Battle Tower contains a rental facility. You can borrow team ala Battle Factory. You don't really need to build a team to grind for BP if you do the Rental stuff.
That's a lot better. Still a bit annoying you'd need to grind up for your own team though.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Last night I tried to make sure that Game Freak knew it wasn't everyone who was hatefilled. I got some hate, death threats and vile shit from doing so. However, this shows I was right to do so. I would do it again in a heartbeat

Mystic Umbreon deserves the credit here for starting this hashtag. I'm glad they did

Boy, I sure feel bad for you and all the hate hate you're getting. I hope this gets better post-release.

And funny that you're mentioning Mystic Umbreon. I started getting recommendations for his videos yesterday haha. He does interesting stuff!

Thequietone

Oct 26, 2017
I love Pokemon. No series like it. I'm grateful for what they have created. I can't wait to play it. I don't do social media anymore but I hope they know we're not all toxic.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I genuinely hate the concept of regional variants and the ones in Alola all looked really dumb. Dugtrio, Persian, Golem. They looked like some Mr. Potato Head Elementary school fanart shit
You are gonna love the Galarian ones then if you hate the Alolan variants, some crazy shit went down during the leaks.

ToD tied to the system clock is fucking terrible for a game like Pokemon, where things only happen at specific times
I actually like it, there should be a lot more daily events and stuff tied to the time of day.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without even talking about any leaks, my issue with some of the alolan forms were how simple they were. Like Geodude, Rattata, Meowth and Diglett. The evolutions usually do it much better.

Galar forms tho, even just talking about the officially announced ones, they look great.

WildEagle18

Feb 22, 2018
I'm glad this thread exist and have at least some form of positivity.

We can't even have a thread Thanking Gamefreak without it going to shit. It's just kinda deflating just reading some of the comments in that thread already.

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
The thread about "Nintendo" releasing DLC for Pokemon is so full of lies, someone said the leak confirmed old models which isn't true since it's not even a datamine, someone said event Pokemon were DLC when they were free, even the title is a lie since Nintendo wouldn't be the one to decide on DLC.

TheBored23

Aug 10, 2018
So, it's been quite some time since I've played a Pokémon game (Diamond, on the DS). One thing I remember really liking about those games was the berry system where you could pick or grow your own berries for various benefits. Do we know if something along those lines will be in Sword/Shield? Is that what the curry thing is?

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
So, it's been quite some time since I've played a Pokémon game (Diamond, on the DS). One thing I remember really liking about those games was the berry system where you could pick or grow your own berries for various benefits. Do we know if something along those lines will be in Sword/Shield? Is that what the curry thing is?
Berry trees are in the game but before release we don't know if you can plant them or if they just respawn every day like the trees in Sun/Moon. It does look like the curry might be roughly analogous with the poffins from Ruby/Sapphire but with expanded benefits

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just pretty muc avoiding every other pokemon-related thread now.

Berry growing's been in every game since gen 3. There's no way we're not getting it.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
The thread about "Nintendo" releasing DLC for Pokemon is so full of lies, someone said the leak confirmed old models which isn't true since it's not even a datamine, someone said event Pokemon were DLC when they were free, even the title is a lie since Nintendo wouldn't be the one to decide on DLC.

Misinformation and Pokémon news go hand in hand. When the thread about the cancelled launch event in Japan popped up there were more and more people flocking in with the same misinformation: they claimed the West was officially informed about the cut Pokémon whereas Japan was left in the dark and only learned about it through the leaked Pokédex last week. Which is total BS because the Pokédex cut was never officially announced as it was Masuda who randomly dropped that information during the E3 Treehouse segment (which Japanese people also had access to). The news about the Pokédex cut spread like wildfire around the world including Japan and we have had a lot negative reactions from them as well.
But yeah I gave up after I realised people were not listening and just trying to push their narrative justifying it with "the poor Japanese people who just learned about the Pokédex cut".

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I used to play them in German too but ever since I started using forums I switched to English. Otherwise you have to look up the English names everytime people discuss them here and that was too cumbersome for me.
Yep, I think that's what I'm going to do now, too. I missed how many Pokémon after Gen 1 and 2? 600+? Perfect time to make the language switch happen.

:)

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really know what I'll be doing with these steel cases that you get when you preorder the digital versions of the game, but did I just claim them? Yes I did.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
holy shit... i'm done with any other pokemon threads on this forum till sw/sh come out.. i honestly cant believe a Thank you thread went to shit so quick... at the very least i wasn't spoiled
#StillTeamPure

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know what I'm really excited to do? Exploring the wild area while raining at night.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Man, I feel bad for ever siding with the Dexiters at all, even if it was just for the first two months.

According to them Game Freak can do no right. If they were to add back all the Pokemon it would clearly come at the cost of something else, at which point they would catch a lot of crap for creating games with little to do

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
cartoon-styled games tend to have overly bright colors at inappropriate times. its one of the things I dislike about how people use the style, don't be afraid to be dark

Pierogi Mage

One Winged Slayer
Dec 7, 2017
So does anyone know how EV training is going to work in this game? We had Hordes and SoS battles before, is there anything here that makes it easier as well?

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy this thread seems like a good place to discuss this game. There's already been negativity my way on Twitter after posting the #ThankYouGameFreak tweet seen in the other OP. I've never seen a community divided like this before.

Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
I'm happy this thread seems like a good place to discuss this game. There's already been negativity my way on Twitter after posting the #ThankYouGameFreak tweet seen in the other OP. I've never seen a community divided like this before.

Most of the drama is from trolls. Lets just say... I bet 60% is trolls and 40% is actual upset fans. The community isn't exactly "divided". Trust me on this