• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Deleted member 4093

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Another question for people who are not pure (and slowly impurifying me)

On what route is goomy? Is that early game? I want it on my team

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
added my name to the list, im getting sword on friday if everything goes well. I live in the netherlands so CET time or +1 GMT for the British people. I primarely play on friday evening/night and sunday in noon/afternoon hours. But if anyone wants to do a trade on other days i will make time ofc.

This is the spreadsheet if anyone wants to add me, or add their name to the list.(it was burried somewhere in this thread)

PirateKingERA

Aug 22, 2018
Houston, Texas
added my name to the list, im getting sword on friday if everything goes well. I live in the netherlands so CET time or +1 GMT for the British people. I primarely play on friday evening/night and sunday in noon/afternoon hours. But if anyone wants to do a trade on other days i will make time ofc.

This is the spreadsheet if anyone wants to add me, or add their name to the list.(it was burried somewhere in this thread)
It's in the OP in the OT.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
My copy from Best Buy has shipped... now we wait for Friday (unless a miracle happens and it shows up a day early like some games have in the past).

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
So I have caved a little bit today. I went looking in the list of moves for old Pokemon thread on Smogon and could infer some Galarian forms, but I still have no idea what any of the new Pokemon look like, so I think I've mostly managed to contain myself although now I know most of the returning Pokemon. Still haven't made up my mind on what to think of the dex cuts since some of my most favorite aren't returning, but I will wait until Pokemon Home to decide whether the cuts were worth it and hopefully the new Pokemon are going to make up for it.

Also, the gamexplain video has me hyped because it says that this is going to be the best generation for competitive. I think a lot of these reviews are missing a crucial part of the experience because I am hopeful that the ranked battle system will give me more incentive to play online.

Deleted member 48897

Banned
Oct 22, 2018

The full gym battle theme is so fucking hype

OK this actually does sound like what I'd expect if you told me the song was "stadium chants, but arranged like Pokemon battle music". The first part definitely has a vaguely Seven Nation Army feel to it. It is indeed a dope-ass tune that slaps, cooks, bangs, probably cleans up afterward too like a gentlesong.

Silly Buck

Oct 28, 2017
Could someone briefly give me a rundown of the revealed Pokémon differences between sword and shield? Trying to decide which to order

Deleted member 14313

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Wurst

Oct 28, 2017
My copy of sword is about to arrive since amazon.de sent it early.. but I'm packed with appointments till Sunday. I hate adult life. :(

Lots of fun to everyone on #TeamPure

Edit: it's here!!!

Last edited:

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My Switch Lite and Sword is arriving in an hour or so. I'm really excited! I'm so glad I've managed to avoid most spoilers, this is going to be the first time I've gone in mostly blind since Gen 3.

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
I was just spoiled on Reddit. Well at least now I definitely won't ever be picking scorbunny.

What is it with the fire type that they so consistently fuck up?

GoldStarz

Oct 25, 2017
I don't trust going in to the OT, but I only have to wait another 17 hours or so until I get my copy and can play the game for myself. We're in the last stretch boys, gals, and NB pals!

TRUSTNO1

Banned
Dec 28, 2017
Still cant believe I had the willpower to not look up the new Pokemon beyond what was shown in trailers. I was spoiled one of the new galar forms from a random thread on this forum though.

LaytonWright

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
75627583_564072397693273_5998090324725989376_n.jpg

It's been real all got it here in the UK from shopto

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Well apparently my Best Buy shipment is still "ready for pickup" so knowing that this probably won't show up until Monday. Joy. I guess I'll have to go buy a copy somewhere else tomorrow if it doesn't make it.

SunnyD

Dec 3, 2017
This might sound silly but is there a relatively spoiler-free way of knowing the key differences between the two versions?

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
This might sound silly but is there a relatively spoiler-free way of knowing the key differences between the two versions?
The only differences are the Pokemon you encounter and some of the characters you battle.

You can look up a list of version exclsuives, but depending on how you define spoiler, that may be too much.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I don't think we'll be getting enhanced versions again
You don't think we'll get pseudo sequels/enhanced versions like BW2?

I'm with you tho I don't think we'll see enhanced versions anymore. Just seems like a waste now that they're developing for consoles. HD development is tough and it would be a waste or resources to make enhanced versions. Plus they're charging $60 now and I can't see people buying the same game twice. It looks like they put their all in Sw/Sh too there's so much content.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Someone in my discord posted a picture of the new mons in a single image. Thankfully it was on my phone and I only saw it a little bit at the bottom.

Held out this long, 20 minute bus ride home and dinner/snacks/beer to buy and I'll be playing! (Held off on midnight so I could play after work lol)

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Anyone with sword/shield players that have a surround system? Does this game have surround sound?(first hand exp only plz)