• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Serif

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's gonna happen soon and it'll be a great time. Datamining of Sun and Moon was fun watching people laugh when seeing that everyone in Alola was slow af.

Holy shit I will never forget the reactions to Alolan Persian hahahahaha, people genuinely thought the entire thing was fake because of it.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
I remember X and Y leaking out. And that wasn't a datamine, that was an actual leak. It was some guy who was just playing the game and taking screenshots of the the evolutions and new Pokemon.

The response to Chesnaught was hilarious.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Put me in the boat that doesn't want Leon to be a fraud. I like the South Asian / Desi representation and it's nice to have prominent PoC characters.

Agreed, the Pokémon series is woefully lacking in South Asian rep and as a British South Asian, I have kinda latched on hard to Leon being the champion with his ace being Charizard. My favourite Pokémon.

I would be upset if it turned out that Leon is a fraud, especially when British is incredibly racist towards people of colour.

I also feel that Game Freak should also show disabled people in the Pokémon world, I mean it wouldn't it make sense that there would be service Pokemon to assist the disable folks akin to how we have service animals in our world.

If he is... well we've still got Nessa.

Yeah, I like Nessa. She's pretty cool and I loved her animation where she kissed the crowd as she walked into the stadium.
WAwJ6v9.png

Ha ha, poor Impidimp. Honestly though, depending on its stats and whether it gets an evolution. I might add the little Pokémon onto my team.

Hypothetically, if Leon's team were truly all gen 1 Pokemon, I do wonder how fans would respond.

As long Leon's team is better put together than Diantha, it had no synergy, and is fleshed out and plays an active part of the story. Then I am fine with it.

I am so excited that I am finding it difficult to focus on anything as my brain is just filled with Pokémon. Though I am working now so my playtime will be limited, gone are the days where I could spend all day playing Pokémon. 😢

You know what we need?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Galarian Mr Mime

Oh god that would be a stuff of nightmare.

Also do you remember the Mr. Blobby song? 🤣

I remember X and Y leaking out. And that wasn't a datamine, that was an actual leak. It was some guy who was just playing the game and taking screenshots of the the evolutions and new Pokemon.

The response to Chesnaught was hilarious.

Heh, I remember that. I also found it frustrating that Europe got punished by having Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Sun and Moon being delayed by a week. Thankfully that shit ended after Ultra Sun and Moon after everyone complained.

Having said that I am just waiting for the game to leak, so I can know all about the new Pokémon and the location of Charmander.

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's also tons of human/pokemon fan-fiction which is extremely questionable. TotalEclipse (Dawn/Darkai) is extremely popular for some reason

This fanfic talk is reminding me of a user who was banned here (originally named Cybercubed), and he made like this 52 chapter long DawnxAsh fanfic called two of a kind.

It's.... some work...

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Just remembered this fake G.Meowth

ztrotvloh2g31.jpg

An okay design, but I'd say we got better.

I like how it's the real version that's even more like the longcat meme in appearance.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If it's anything new, it probably won't be much but still.
EDIT: it's on october 27th, so maybe it means they'll air a new trailer before that date and talk about it there

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: it's on october 27th, so maybe it means they'll air a new trailer before that date and talk about it there

If it was the 20th I would have said it would probably just be the Gigantamax forms they just revealed, but it being the 27th makes me hopeful that we'll get another trailer on Wednesday. Maybe they really are planning on doing weekly trailers now in the final stretch, which would mean 4 more trailers. If that is what they are going to do then starter first evolutions would be good for this coming week and then final evolutions for the final trailer.
I hope this is the case, I've just had some very bad shit happen in my family so anything to help take my mind off of it is nice.

Garjon

Oct 27, 2017
I really love Wooloo's little rolling animation. I think it's a reference to how Sheep in Britain learned to cross cattle grids by rolling over them.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
I expect absolutely nothing new from the variety show. It recapping a new trailer is pretty possible but I won't get my hopes up for that either just in case.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
If it was the 20th I would have said it would probably just be the Gigantamax forms they just revealed, but it being the 27th makes me hopeful that we'll get another trailer on Wednesday. Maybe they really are planning on doing weekly trailers now in the final stretch, which would mean 4 more trailers. If that is what they are going to do then starter first evolutions would be good for this coming week and then final evolutions for the final trailer.
I hope this is the case, I've just had some very bad shit happen in my family so anything to help take my mind off of it is nice.
Uh... They always do that (anouncing the show that will have "info" for the next week). It won't have new information, as always.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
Does anyone know when we will be able to pre-order the game digitally? If I pre-order the physical version, I will get it 15 commercial days latter and will pay more for it.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
This fanfic talk is reminding me of a user who was banned here (originally named Cybercubed), and he made like this 52 chapter long DawnxAsh fanfic called two of a kind.

It's.... some work...
So about 13 years ago, I occasionally frequented serebii forums and be was always in there. I can quite remember but I believe he genuinely hated May but liked Misty and/or Dawn.

Deleted member 3815

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I am just expecting it to be a recap of previous trailers, though it would be nice to get more information.

The menu looks clean.

rV3wZhdw.png

I like it, it looks clean and snappy. Also glad to see that the save shortcut has been carried over from Ultra Sun and Moon.

Poor Croagunk doomed to death by its trainer.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I was just looking up customisation and remembered the awful process you had to go through to get different dyes in Sun and Moon. I hope you can just purchase them in a shop offline this time.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was just looking up customisation and remembered the awful process you had to go through to get different dyes in Sun and Moon. I hope you can just purchase them in a shop offline this time.
what do you mean "offline"? in any case, the previews mentioned that styling is much improved as you can now see what you're buying

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Aside from version exclusives, wasn't there also the matter of just getting the right shops to begin with? And then also needing to level them up or something? You couldn't just go to the plaza and get whatever you wanted right away.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
what do you mean "offline"? in any case, the previews mentioned that styling is much improved as you can now see what you're buying
I don't remember it being hard in SM either tbh, what are you referring to?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I remember it being a hassle to obtain more dyes in the Festival Plaza shops. They required a number of certain types of berries and not all dyes were available to each version, I think. You couldn't be sure how many of the right berry you would shake off a tree or grow at the PokéPelago, so it just didn't seem worth it half the time.