• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
If anything, the more people play, the more possibilities for leaks.
So, yeah, finally, please leakers, do what TPC marketing department is not willing to and tell us some stuff!

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Impressions from extremely time-limited slices of games under those sorts of conditions aren't fundamentally going to tell you much.

The interesting thing is that people are playing the game, not what this one YouTuber thinks of it.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
We have to have a trailer before or on the fifteenth, right? I feel like something fairly larger a month off is a no-brainer

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
To be honest the first 90 minutes of any gen have never been exciting. If they manage to hook you in so quickly it's a good sign.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Could somebody answer me some questions please. I know it was probably discussed a long time ago but I think I already forgot about those things.

The save file of the game will be connected to the Switch console itself and therefore to your account, right? Meaning with several accounts you can have several save games?
Will cloud save be disabled like for Let's Go?
Can you transfer Pokemon from Let's Go to SwSh (via Home)? Also GO to SwSh? Have they disclosed how they will handle abilities that way since they were missing in Let's Go.
Thanks in advance.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Could somebody answer me some questions please. I know it was probably discussed a long time ago but I think I already forgot about those things.

The save file of the game will be connected to the Switch console itself and therefore to your account, right? Meaning with several accounts you can have several save games?
Can you transfer Pokemon from Let's Go to SwSh (via Home)? Also GO to SwSh? Have they disclosed how they will handle abilities that way since they were missing in Let's Go.
Thanks in advance.
1. Yeah, one save per profile
2. Probably disabled
3. The transfer process requires Home as an intermediary. They haven't talked about abilities. I assume it will be like the virtual console releases and any transfer will have their Hidden ability.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Thanks in advance.

1. Yes, barring any last minute surprise. It was already the case for Let's Go.
2. Probably
3. Yes as long as they are in the Galar region Pokedex. You'll have to go through Home either way. Nothing has been said about abilities tho

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's not a lock at all. At this point they might just keep going with the secrecy. They already have for so long, so why have a blowout at the last second?
It doesn't have to be a blowout, but they're going to need to get some stuff out there the closer we get, or risk losing control of the narrative entirely.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
That's not a lock at all. At this point they might just keep going with the secrecy. They already have for so long, so why have a blowout at the last second?
I don't want a blowout, something comparable to the longer trailers we have got in the cycle would be great. I didn't love getting spoiled for S/M but something like "your journey through Galar is about to begin" where they reveal a few new things in the early areas would be nice.

Bedameister

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
1. Yeah, one save per profile
2. Probably disabled
3. The transfer process requires Home as an intermediary. They haven't talked about abilities. I assume it will be like the virtual console releases and any transfer will have their Hidden ability.
1. Yes, barring any last minute surprise. It was already the case for Let's Go.
2. Probably
3. Yes as long as they are in the Galar region Pokedex. You'll have to go through Home either way. Nothing has been said about abilities tho

thx.
So if you destroy or lose your Switch you could potentially lose all your Pokemon? A co-worker of mine is actually really scared of that. I mean of course the same could have been said about the actual game cardridges back in the days but I guess busting your switch is easier than a cardridge.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
thx.
So if you destroy or lose your Switch you could potentially lose all your Pokemon? A co-worker of mine is actually really scared of that. I mean of course the same could have been said about the actual game cardridges back in the days but I guess busting your switch is easier than a cardridge.
Yeah, it sucks. Hopefully Home releases soon in 2020.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine there will probably be a trailer before release. That said I don't think the game is that secretive, they showed the new mechanics, some Pokemon and some major characters. The only thing left to do is play the game lol

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you are a content creator and get to access a product early, you will speak favorably of it as you would like the opportunity to access the company's next product early again. To Youtubers, this is business.

i've had access to product early multiple times and man you couldn't be more wrong

youtubers are just overhyped over everything, which is related more to the kind of persona that sells on youtube rather than anything else

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I imagine there will probably be a trailer before release. That said I don't think the game is that secretive, they showed the new mechanics, some Pokemon and some major characters. The only thing left to do is play the game lol

Compared to other games you're right it's not that secretive, however compared to other Pokemon games specifically they have shown less than they usually do.

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One cool thing about the secrecy is that as much as I hate that they're not showing much of the new Pokémon, they're also showing almost nothing of the plot and the characters
like, those two are some of the main characters in the story and we've seen almost nothing of them
kfbhl8m521f31.png

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I guess reviewers opinions are also invalid for the same reason then if they were given the game?
i've had access to product early multiple times and man you couldn't be more wrong

youtubers are just overhyped over everything, which is related more to the kind of persona that sells on youtube rather than anything else

I would say that depends on the entity you work for. As part of an established journalist platform, you probably have a lot more leeway than you would otherwise. On the other hand, you then need to consider that some places like IGN run advertisements for games they will review in the future. Of course, IGN is aware that a game company might not want to pay them for advertising their games again should they give the advertised one a bad score. It's not that simple an answer to give. Youtubers work on their own as well, so the dynamics are completely different. I would argue that there is a stronger emphasis on overhyping things as a Youtuber as Passing Assassin said, but I definitely think that is in part due to their lifeline depending on these early access offers at times.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Part of me wants leaks to happen because I want to know how many new Pokémon we have. Part of me doesn't want to know so it's a surprise when I play the game.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do mind them. Official reveals spoiled details like Red on the Battle tree or the team rainbow rocket on UsUm.
Makes sense- they'd revealed damned near everything about the game pre-League, so it's not surprising they'd stray into post-League stuff.

In fairness, the Team Rainbow Rocket stuff was basically the only exciting addition USUM had to offer, so I can see why they revealed it.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
I think I'm going to make a real effort to avoid any datamines this time. I don't think I've naturally discovered a Pokemon in-game since Gen 3 so that would be a cool experience. Although I reckon I might try and see if I can find out the total count of new Pokemon, just to avoid disappointment.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
I just wanna know the actual number of new Pokémon and see a blurry image of the 3rd stage starters, I would love to discover everything else playing.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Part of me wants leaks to happen because I want to know how many new Pokémon we have. Part of me doesn't want to know so it's a surprise when I play the game.

I can bear the leaks if they happen, 2 weeks before launch or less, but at this point, I couldn't survive if a huge leak occurs when we're still a month away from the games. And the thing is, I CAN'T resist a leak, like, it would be even worse to know that everybody else already knows a Pokémon or something from the story, and I don't.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want leaks, if only to know the exact amount of Pokemon in the dex. Gonna be disappointing if there's not 600+.