• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
35 days left hype train mood:

31zqdrs6.gif

67SkKyFf.png

vrK5MBmc.dyna1

HR3bxq8t.gif

wWKL5eYi.gif

Jfz1Ub2E.gif

513rPSbr.gif

kjpEsdNu.png

27rfwMwd.gif

NMkdqu1L.gif

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
*Looks at Delphox and Greninja*

I say reveal them.

Funny thing about them is that they weren't revealed. They were posted on forums by users that got early copies. I can see the same thing happening this year if GF doesn't show them.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sword exclusives: Sirfetch'd, Deino, Jangmo-o, Fighting gym
Shield exclusives: G-Ponyta, Larvitar, Goomy, Ghost Gym

Oh awesome! Would there typically be more differences announced at a later or date or is it safe to say that's likely it? Haven't played a pokemon game since silver so this is pretty much new to me again

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scolipede is the best. I love my bug horse.

Oh awesome! Would there typically be more differences announced at a later or date or is it safe to say that's likely it? Haven't played a pokemon game since silver so this is pretty much new to me again
They're keping the cards very close to their chest this time around, so I'm willing to bet there will be another line or two exclusive.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
There will be a lot more for sure. Probably 10-15ish game exclusives. There likely will be some other things too outside of pokemon.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
It's not worth the effort to complain anymore. I'll play Sword regardless of wishing it was better, while simultaneously hoping that in 3 years time gen 9 can be closer to what I wanted to be playing in 2018, when they first said they were developing for Switch the E3 before.

As far as SwSh speculation, there actually is something that I am foolishly allowing myself hope for: given that the reveal trailer made the game look a lot more samey than it is, hiding the overworld encounters and wild area along with the battle gimmick, do you think there's room for one more major feature type reveal outside of content stuff like areas/pokemon? Namely that we don't have a "story trailer", so I still dream that when they drop one that it will surprise reveal voice acting that was turned off in past trailer footage and demos.

I should really not set myself up for disappointment like this.

Naudyboy

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 6, 2019
How long have you been absent from this series? Lol

The last game I put some time in was probably Sapphire. Don't get me wrong the videos of Sword and Shield look good but in my head I was expecting more. This looks like an upgraded version of the previous game then a huge leap forward.

I'll definitely give it a play, it's one of the main reasons I got the Swtich. I just expected more.

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
I do hope that if Legendaries/trainers from previous gens are in the game, we at least get new remixes for their battle themes instead of recycling the old ones.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The event raid battles will be a feature to capture new Pokémon, right? Or it has other purpose?

--R

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how much will I customize my character. The female design is already a solid 10/10 for me so...

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
In one sense I don't want to know the stater evos because I like surprises. In another sense.... I don't want to pick one with a dumb evo.

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see what kind of rotisserie shithead I'll come up with for SwSh. Somewhat worried he'll look like Yoshikage Kira again

Cronogear

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
It's not worth the effort to complain anymore. I'll play Sword regardless of wishing it was better, while simultaneously hoping that in 3 years time gen 9 can be closer to what I wanted to be playing in 2018, when they first said they were developing for Switch the E3 before.

As far as SwSh speculation, there actually is something that I am foolishly allowing myself hope for: given that the reveal trailer made the game look a lot more samey than it is, hiding the overworld encounters and wild area along with the battle gimmick, do you think there's room for one more major feature type reveal outside of content stuff like areas/pokemon? Namely that we don't have a "story trailer", so I still dream that when they drop one that it will surprise reveal voice acting that was turned off in past trailer footage and demos.

We're a month away from release. By and large, what you see now is what you'll get.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still fascinated by PokéLondon.

Far and away the biggest city on the map, with umpteen points of interest shown even on a deliberately-undetailed map, and we've not seen so much as a single screenshot of it.

--R

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still fascinated by PokéLondon.

Far and away the biggest city on the map, with umpteen points of interest shown even on a deliberately-undetailed map, and we've not seen so much as a single screenshot of it.

Hell, we haven't seen that much of any towns apart of the initial one. We don't even have names!

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
Truly hope they don't lose their minds revealing everything in the last month. I love encountering a Pokémon and going "what the hell is that"?

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

I'm right there with you on voice acting. The lips/mouth animations are so detailed it would be really weird without voice acting lol

betawaychill

Jun 6, 2018
I'm right there with you on voice acting. The lips/mouth animations are so detailed it would be really weird without voice acting lol
I guess I didn't even consider it as a possibility bc of Pokémon's history, though that shouldn't be a factor now that it's on a home console. Does any info we know now point to VA being in the game?

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Im scared that gigantamax will completetly unbalance singles, since it will probably be balanced for doubles.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We have also seen the stadium in the brick city, and it's different as you can see, well, the bricks
Huh. Must have missed that.

The point that we've seen nothing of the city itself still stands. Both Black/White and X/Y made huge features out of their big cities, but it's like they're trying to hide it- the focus is on the smaller brick city.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Huh. Must have missed that.

The point that we've seen nothing of the city itself still stands. Both Black/White and X/Y made huge features out of their big cities, but it's like they're trying to hide it- the focus is on the smaller brick city.
I added a screenshot to my previous post; anyways yeah they haven't shown the city itself yet, and my theory is that this city also features a free camera like Lumiose City did

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting a major trailer this month that shows more characters and the world. Surprising how little we know of Galar itself