• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I added a screenshot to my previous post; anyways yeah they haven't shown the city itself yet, and my theory is that this city also features a free camera like Lumiose City did
Yeah, I'm with you. I'm actually betting that the presentation is going to be akin to an urban Wild Area- even if you ignore the generic tower blocks at the back of the city, there are enough points of interest to justify it, and it looks handily bigger than any other city on the map.

I'm expecting a major trailer this month that shows more characters and the world. Surprising how little we know of Galar itself
They haven't revealed so much as a single new NPC since early August, so you'd think so. Everything we know of how the game's going to go came in the first few news releases, and they've clammed right up ever since.

I do wonder whether they always intended to be this secretive, or if the Dexit backlash caused a change of tack- the February/June/July info releases were pretty standard in terms of information revealed, but the reveals have slowed to a crawl ever since.

cdm00

The Fallen
Dec 5, 2018
35 days is a long time away, usually at this point in the PokeHype, I just wanna play the damn games already, and these being the first new HD games aren't helping

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was some merchandise I saw the other week that had a selection of Pokemon alongside the Gen 8 Starters that made me wonder if it could signify who is in Galar.

There were the Gen 1 Starters, and Greninja alongside some other marketable Pokemon.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
35 days is a long time away, usually at this point in the PokeHype, I just wanna play the damn games already, and these being the first new HD games aren't helping
I'm obsessed with these games. I just can't wait any more. I have other games to finish but I'd rather just fantasize about SWSH instead of playing them 🙈

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
The last game I put some time in was probably Sapphire. Don't get me wrong the videos of Sword and Shield look good but in my head I was expecting more. This looks like an upgraded version of the previous game then a huge leap forward.

I'll definitely give it a play, it's one of the main reasons I got the Swtich. I just expected more.

To be honest thats about when all of my friends stopped playing the series seriously. I like nature and monster collecting so I've stuck around so I've gotten use to them not making large improvements on features.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder whether they always intended to be this secretive, or if the Dexit backlash caused a change of tack- the February/June/July info releases were pretty standard in terms of information revealed, but the reveals have slowed to a crawl ever since.
There are better measures of interest than what people are saying about the Pokedex. If preorders are significantly behind for whatever reason, the last thing to do is halt marketing.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think it was intended since the beginning. It clearly feels like a reaction to Sun/Moon's overspoiling marketing. Maybe they got particular feedback from jp users.

PadWarrior

Oct 25, 2017
There was some merchandise I saw the other week that had a selection of Pokemon alongside the Gen 8 Starters that made me wonder if it could signify who is in Galar.

There were the Gen 1 Starters, and Greninja alongside some other marketable Pokemon.
Where did you see this? And please don't toy with my emotions lol

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marnie and Nessa are my favorite character designs in Pokemon games in a long, long while.

Marnie.png

D8y1ItoXoAAXJjB.jpg

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it was intended since the beginning. It clearly feels like a reaction to Sun/Moon's overspoiling marketing. Maybe they got particular feedback from jp users.
Maybe, but there's a marked difference between the last few months and the Spring/early Summer reveals.
  • They revealed more than anyone expected for the February reveal (Starters and region- Sun and Moon's reveal was WAY more secretive, ironically)
  • They revealed 9 Pokémon at the start of June (Wooloo, Gossifleur, Eldegoss, Drednaw, Corviknight, Zacian, Zamazenta, Yamper, Impidimp).
  • The July reveals had three new Pokémon (Alcremie, Rolycoly, Duraludon) and three Gigantamax forms (Alcremie, Corviknight, Drednaw),
  • The August reveal had two new Pokémon (Morpeko, Obstagoon) and three Galarian forms (Weezing, Zigzagoon, Linoone)
  • In September, they revealed three new Pokémon (Polteageist, Cramorant, Sirfetch'd)
  • So far in October, they've revealed one new Galarian form (Ponyta)
You'd expect the pace of reveals to accelerate the closer we get to launch, but if anything it's dried up.

They revealed more brand new Pokémon in the span of eight days in June than they have in the entire span of four months since then.
They did with XY and there was no dexit whatsoever. I think it's just a thing they di with hardware jumps
XY wasn't a fraction as secretive as this- they'd revealed almost double the amount of Pokémon this far out from XY.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I definitely think they're really hiding a bunch of shit this time...

There's so many Pokemon they've hinted at but not officially revealed. It's pretty cool.

original.gif

btw, I do agree we need a SwSh thread, or even a General Pokémon thread, but haven't all the previous threads gotten closed when people start fighting? lol Or replaced when someone makes a separate thread every time we got news about something? We'll see how much this lasts.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I want to believe this is going to be a big generation (combining both forms and new Pokémon), but part of me is a bit skeptical because they aren't showing much.

On the other hand, if it IS a big generation and we don't even know 30 of them yet, it's going to be amazing when the game launches... or someone leaks the whole Dex earlier.

cainhxrst

Nov 10, 2018
I'm glad that they've kept the story basically under wraps this time. The character designs are among my favorite we've ever gotten and I'm reallly interested in seeing how everything plays out.

Probably most excited to see the rest of the regional evolutions, I'm hoping there's a decent amount. I do like that they've been dropping hints of pokemon without actually showing them (squirrel on shirt, the two statues, hill carving). Really helps feel like there's much more to this game than we know

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
About the new Pokémon stuff, we've only have got 3 evolutions, right? Galarian Linoone, Obstagoon and Eldegoss.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
About the new Pokémon stuff, we've only have got 3 evolutions, right? Galarian Linoone, Obstagoon and Eldegoss.
Sirfetch'd too.

Some of the others haven't been confirmed as evos, but seem very likely based on the code on the Dynamax website (Corviknight, Drednaw, Alcremie, Polteageist)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Sirfetch'd too.

Some of the others haven't been confirmed as evos, but seem very likely based on the code on the Dynamax website (Corviknight, Drednaw, Alcremie, Polteageist)

Ah, yes. Forgot about the boy for a moment. But still, pretty few evolutions or preevolutions for the new announced Pokémon. I would have expected at least an evolution of Wooloo and Rolycoly by now.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
In case you all didn't know, James Turner (Sword and Shield's art director)'s Twitter is a treasure. It's seriously the best Twitter I've followed. He posts so much cute art.

Ashflow

Feb 13, 2018
US
I'm down on a lot of things they've announced (no national dex especially), and every hype announcement seems to come with some other detail that brings a level of disappointment, but I'm still slowly getting more and more excited the closer we get to release. The only absolute dealbreaker I think is if all the starter evos are gross, which is highly unlikely. I prefer Grookey but am predicting Sobble will have the best final, which would be totally fine.

Most impressive thing for me is how much they've stepped up trainer customization, it looks really substantial and is by far the most improved feature I've seen this gen so far.

So the most important thing...

Is the fish a catchable Pokemon?
Yo, can we get a poll up in here?

Omegamon

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fucked up and pre ordered Shield thinking Sir' Fetch was exclusive to that one😭😭😭

Sea lion

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
James Turner likes Sobbles evolution line. There for it will be the best one.

So happy he's the art director. Definitely gives the new mons a certain sense of style.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
not sure why the thread with news is the wrong thread when IHaveIce asked about news and not about random discussions? ...my guy.

To be fair the link you posted is about Pokemon Masters for mobile, this thread is specifically for Sword and Shield.

Edit: And the talk was about the Master ball, not Pokemon Masters :P

Red Fire

Oct 26, 2017
not sure why the thread with news is the wrong thread when IHaveIce asked about news and not about random discussions? ...my guy.
Did you purposely disregard the second half of the post you quoted? Lol
He was referring to the OP talking about masterballs, which was a reference to the thread i linked. That's what they meant by news, not your random thread. And why so passive aggressive? Lol

KingWillance

Oct 25, 2017
I used to always go with the Grass Starter but I couldn't say no to Froakie or Litten. Grookey has since tempted me back, though Sobble is also incredibly cute.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Did you purposely disregard the second half of the post you quoted? Lol
He was referring to the OP talking about masterballs, which was a reference to the thread i linked. That's what they meant by news, not your random thread. And why so passive aggressive? Lol
Sorry I misread the game title.

As for the last bit ... I was just returning the ball, tone-wise.

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
the wild encounter system in Let's Go was amazing and made it feel so immersive - I could see the pokemon and walk up to them and encounter them!! yes!!!!

I assume they're keeping that system for Sw/Sh, and that alone is enough to make me excited

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say I'm surprised at how little they revealed about the game as compared to Sun/Moon as of now. When we can expect the next trailer? The game is basically a month away.