• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you buying the game physically, digitally?

• Physically

Votes: 620 42.2%
  • As a gift physically

Votes: 18 1.2%
  • Digitally

Votes: 483 32.9%
  • As a gift digitally

Votes: 4 0.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 260 17.7%
  • One Digitally and One Physically?

Votes: 27 1.8%
  • Both Digital or Physical?

Votes: 56 3.8%

• Total voters

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018
I'm surprised there hasn't been anything that big for october yet, one would assume they would show more than just galarian ponyta a month before the game releases. Maybe next week, though

Not that they need to show any more or anything, I kinda like that they are not showing much, but it is very... unusual

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's weird there hasn't been any accidental leaks either of any other media...

Like back with Black and White we had toys of new Pokemon accidentally revealed (Pansage) and the anime settei sheet that revealed Iris and a couple new Pokemon.

MangoUltz

Mar 24, 2019
Only 5 weeks out now so I assume the leaks will start ramping up soon.

I don't need to see the starter evos, but I would like to see their typings

ArcaneStar_

Sep 14, 2018

Like back with Black and White we had toys of new Pokemon accidentally revealed (Pansage) and the anime settei sheet that revealed Iris and a couple new Pokemon.

I remember that in the Sun and Moon cycle we had a leak from the tcg box with mareanie on the box and mareanie wasn't revealed yet. It was in october, I believe, a month before the game was out

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

all the previous leakers were assassinated by the nintendo ninjas

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
I remember that in the Sun and Moon cycle we had a leak from the tcg box with mareanie on the box and mareanie wasn't revealed yet. It was in october, I believe, a month before the game was out
And then the final starter evos leaked from tcg also like days before the official reveal trailer.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017

Remember Mareanie's leak on the side of a TCG box? That was fun.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Is there an up-to-date "what we know so far" kind of article anywhere? Just wondered what had been announced so far regarding version specific stuff to see which one I'd rather pre-order, or what kind of Pokémon Go based features it has, to see if I want to pre-order at all.

Everything I Google is a bit old.

Dec 21, 2018
Is there an up-to-date "what we know so far" kind of article anywhere? Just wondered what had been announced so far regarding version specific stuff to see which one I'd rather pre-order, or what kind of Pokémon Go based features it has, to see if I want to pre-order at all.

I mean you can check Serebii's site. He's up to date on all info and version exclusive stuff. As for Pokémon Go, nothing has been announced in terms of connectivity besides both it and SwSh being able to transfer to Pokémon Home.

brinstar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Joe's site has a compilation of everything so far: https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/

Bulbapedia's always useful too: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Sword_and_Shield

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Without dealing with the AFFLECK leak, here's all the current mysteries they've teased us with in official media.

- Legendaries: We know SHIT ALL about them---not even a Type. I remember back in Gen IV it was awhile before Dialga and Palkia's types were known (we found out the latter from a sticker), but we don't even have a category or height/weight.

- Wind Effect: Seen in the trailer of the Legendaries, seems to be the indication of SOME sort of force causing the two to prepare to fight.

- Giant Drawing: Seen on the hillside, seems to depict an unknown Pokemon going through Dynamax. Probably a Legendary.

- Black Slab: This one is a bit of a reach, but a recent trailer for the Sword and Shield TCG set ends with a giant black monolith appearing from the sky. Not sure if this is meant to represent a certain Pokemon, or just referencing a powerful card in general. These last three have all been speculated to be some sort of Third Legendary, maybe the same one.

- Gigantamax Charizard: With Leon's ace being Charizard, folks speculate Charizard may get a Gigantamax---some think the design of the dragon castle is related to this.

- Greyhound: We see it on a banner in the Gym in the first trailer---presumably it seems to have electrical elements to it, so it's probably Yamper's evolution.

- Chipmunk/Squirrel: Unsure if they're the same Pokemon, but a kid that can be seen in a couple of trailers is wearing a t-shirt with a fat squirrel, and we also see it, or a related rodent Pokemon, in the stands in Gyms as well. Presumably are unrevealed Early Rodent Pokemon.

- Advertisement Pokemon: There's a few Pokemon we've seen on in-game adds that may or may not be new Pokemon---of note is the Book-Eye Hoothoot, which seems to be merely a logo as we've seen regular Hoothoot, and the compass shaped Klink, who we haven't seen in its regular form yet. There was also a duck like creature someone noted on a magazine, which perhaps could be Galar Farfetch'd maybe?

- Bede's Ace: It could simply be the Starter strong against yours, but while Marnie was shown to use Morpeko Bede was shown using Duosion, who is presumably NOT his ace since it's an old Pokemon. He gives me a Psychic-type vibe, so I feel he may have a new Psychic type up his sleeve.

- Tea Kettle Elephant: Or so that's what people think, briefly seen tossed out by Chairman Rose in what appears to be the Steam City Gym. So, perhaps it's related to steam? Everyone sees an elephant, but we don't know anything about it other than that. Related to Polteageist?

- Impidimp: Revealed in the E3 Demo as an opponent, we've never had an official reveal---but it keeps popping up in trailers tauntingly. I feel this may be simply a reference to its impish characteristics, but some speculate it may be a pseudo-Legendary. Also in one scene we see it on a banner in Bea's Gym across from what appears to be a human, but to me looks vaguely monstrous with pink skin and a Landorus-like mustache---but that's just me.

- Pokemon Center Pokemon: I can't really tell what it's supposed to be, but folks claim in our shot inside the Pokemon Center there's an unidentified Pokemon next to the barista dude. I can't really tell what it's supposed to be (looks like an elbow?), but Serebii has a picture of it. This one might just be an object honestly.

- Statues: Seen at the dock of the Water Gym City, they kind of look like statues but also seem posed oddly like they're Pokemon---really spiky and kind of scary looking.

- Cramorant Fish: It's a unique model and has official art depicting it alongside Cramorant, but nothing has been said about what it is---seems to have enough personality to its design to not just be a throwaway "Marching Fishes" non-Pokemon. We've never really had anything like that before, excluding the Shellder variant on Slowbro/King, and I guess the larva bees that Vespiquen deploys.

- Galarian Koffing and Galarian Farfetch'd: Interestingly, we haven't seen any footage of regular Koffing or Farfetch'd, but we know they have Galar evolutions. This is particularly interesting for Farfetch'd, because apart from a name mention, not even the official site showcases Sugimori art for Farfetch'd, nor did the Famitsu article, to remind kids "hey remember this old Pokemon?". Also with Sirfetch'd being Version Exclusive to Galar Ponyta and presumably Galar Rapidash, it seems weird it' be a "Sword only gets one new Pokemon" deal in that comparison.

- Galarian Rapidash: We've heard Rapidash's cry in the stream, so we know it's coming.

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I was looking up Japanese elephant teapots to see if there were any similarities (like colour etc) with the elephant-shaped Pokémon teased previously and...

VFBF10f.jpg

I didn't expect to see a line of pots with figures sat atop the lid. It has to be an elephant teapot evolution of Polteageist, then, surely

06UcD6R.jpg

You can just see the little guy chilling on one of these. Apologies if anyone's already brought this up and I missed it!

Last edited:

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Without dealing with the AFFLECK leak, here's all the current mysteries they've teased us with in official media.

- Legendaries: We know SHIT ALL about them---not even a Type. I remember back in Gen IV it was awhile before Dialga and Palkia's types were known (we found out the latter from a sticker), but we don't even have a category or height/weight.

- Wind Effect: Seen in the trailer of the Legendaries, seems to be the indication of SOME sort of force causing the two to prepare to fight.

- Giant Drawing: Seen on the hillside, seems to depict an unknown Pokemon going through Dynamax. Probably a Legendary.

- Black Slab: This one is a bit of a reach, but a recent trailer for the Sword and Shield TCG set ends with a giant black monolith appearing from the sky. Not sure if this is meant to represent a certain Pokemon, or just referencing a powerful card in general. These last three have all been speculated to be some sort of Third Legendary, maybe the same one.

- Gigantamax Charizard: With Leon's ace being Charizard, folks speculate Charizard may get a Gigantamax---some think the design of the dragon castle is related to this.

- Greyhound: We see it on a banner in the Gym in the first trailer---presumably it seems to have electrical elements to it, so it's probably Yamper's evolution.

- Chipmunk/Squirrel: Unsure if they're the same Pokemon, but a kid that can be seen in a couple of trailers is wearing a t-shirt with a fat squirrel, and we also see it, or a related rodent Pokemon, in the stands in Gyms as well. Presumably are unrevealed Early Rodent Pokemon.

- Advertisement Pokemon: There's a few Pokemon we've seen on in-game adds that may or may not be new Pokemon---of note is the Book-Eye Hoothoot, which seems to be merely a logo as we've seen regular Hoothoot, and the compass shaped Klink, who we haven't seen in its regular form yet. There was also a duck like creature someone noted on a magazine, which perhaps could be Galar Farfetch'd maybe?

- Bede's Ace: It could simply be the Starter strong against yours, but while Marnie was shown to use Morpeko Bede was shown using Duosion, who is presumably NOT his ace since it's an old Pokemon. He gives me a Psychic-type vibe, so I feel he may have a new Psychic type up his sleeve.

- Tea Kettle Elephant: Or so that's what people think, briefly seen tossed out by Chairman Rose in what appears to be the Steam City Gym. So, perhaps it's related to steam? Everyone sees an elephant, but we don't know anything about it other than that. Related to Polteageist?

- Impidimp: Revealed in the E3 Demo as an opponent, we've never had an official reveal---but it keeps popping up in trailers tauntingly. I feel this may be simply a reference to its impish characteristics, but some speculate it may be a pseudo-Legendary. Also in one scene we see it on a banner in Bea's Gym across from what appears to be a human, but to me looks vaguely monstrous with pink skin and a Landorus-like mustache---but that's just me.

- Pokemon Center Pokemon: I can't really tell what it's supposed to be, but folks claim in our shot inside the Pokemon Center there's an unidentified Pokemon next to the barista dude. I can't really tell what it's supposed to be (looks like an elbow?), but Serebii has a picture of it. This one might just be an object honestly.

- Statues: Seen at the dock of the Water Gym City, they kind of look like statues but also seem posed oddly like they're Pokemon---really spiky and kind of scary looking.

- Cramorant Fish: It's a unique model and has official art depicting it alongside Cramorant, but nothing has been said about what it is---seems to have enough personality to its design to not just be a throwaway "Marching Fishes" non-Pokemon. We've never really had anything like that before, excluding the Shellder variant on Slowbro/King, and I guess the larva bees that Vespiquen deploys.

- Galarian Koffing and Galarian Farfetch'd: Interestingly, we haven't seen any footage of regular Koffing or Farfetch'd, but we know they have Galar evolutions. This is particularly interesting for Farfetch'd, because apart from a name mention, not even the official site showcases Sugimori art for Farfetch'd, nor did the Famitsu article, to remind kids "hey remember this old Pokemon?". Also with Sirfetch'd being Version Exclusive to Galar Ponyta and presumably Galar Rapidash, it seems weird it' be a "Sword only gets one new Pokemon" deal in that comparison.

- Galarian Rapidash: We've heard Rapidash's cry in the stream, so we know it's coming.

There are also zones seen in the map that we know nothing about.

xTFTOxK.png

GloEwsf.png

qEGnWEQ.png

Vrcy2RD.png

And the whole Northern City that we know nothing about.

NgzVDa7.jpg

Robbin__

May 26, 2018
Trailer dates since June:

June 5th--6 New pokes, 5 families + dynamax + grass gym + 4 story characters + 2 cover legendaries

June 12th (E3) Water gym+ 2 poke tease

July 8th (33 days later)--3 new pokes, 3 families + gigantamax + Ghost/fighting gym + 2 story characters

August 7th (30 days later)--5 new pokes, 3 families, + Galarian forms + 2 story characters + antagonist team

August 16th (VGC Championship)--Competitive mode related reveals

September 4th (28 days later, Nintendo Direct)--2 pokes, 2 families + camping + CURRY DEX + customizations

September 18th (14 days later)--Sirfetch'd for sword

October 9th (21 days later)--Galarian Ponyta for shield

I think we'll get something on Halloween.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
It's really exciting to see how much stuff we don't know yet. And there's probably much more that we don't even know we don't know yet!

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I'd expect 2 trailers before launch but who knows. The reveals so far have been weird and wonderful in equal measures so it's hard to predict.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017

June 5th--6 New pokes, 5 families + dynamax + grass gym + 4 story characters + 2 cover legendaries

July 8th (33 days later)--3 new pokes, 3 families + gigantamax + Ghost/fighting gym + 2 story characters

August 7th (30 days later)--5 new pokes, 3 families, + Galarian forms + 2 story characters + antagonist team

September 4th (28 days later, Nintendo Direct)--2 pokes, 2 families + camping + CURRY DEX + customizations

For all intents and purposes, we only got 4 major trailers after the reveal with smaller info in between.
June Direct > July Gigantamax > August Galarian Forms > September Side Features
Unless October plans to be an outlier we might get something as soon as next week... hopefully.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Someone should make a poll thread for "Game Freak learned their lesson about showing too much" VS "The least amount of new Pokemon added in a generation yet" regarding the lack of info.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Just wanted to say thanks for making this OP! A discussion thread in advance of the OT makes much more sense than threads such as "hype check"

Robbin__

May 26, 2018

Also all the trailers except the July one is dropped on Wednesday at 9AM EST/6AMPST/10PMJST if that matters

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Someone should make a poll thread for "Game Freak learned their lesson about showing too much" VS "The least amount of new Pokemon added in a generation yet" regarding the lack of info.

Would be pointless because all that would happen is those that are positive about the games will choose the first option and those that are negative about the games will choose the second option. We already know who is on which side so I don't see a need for it really.

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
It's kinda wild how little of the actual region it feels like we've seen. From the looks of it we've got a look like most of the opening area, a fair bit of the grass gym city, a glimpse of the port city and a some slithers of the large steampunk city and then a couple of routes, a cave and bit of the icy bit. For comparison in just the first X/Y trailer we saw Lumiose, Santalune Forest, the interior of three gyms, Parfum Palace, Routes 3, 7 and 13 and then even one of the Elite Four's chamber.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
It's really exciting to see how much stuff we don't know yet. And there's probably much more that we don't even know we don't know yet!

It really is exciting, I don't know why people are so mad by the lack of info.

Well, at least I don't need them to convince me with stuff to decide whether I'll buy the games or not. Like, I've been playing Pokémon my whole life, and though the National Dex cut was harsh to swallow, not even that will stop me from playing Pokémon games. So I prefer to just be surprised by whatever they have in store, no matter how big or small the content is.

And in any case, if anyone has doubts about whether the games are worth buying or not, by the day they officially drop we'll already know everything about 'em (since someone will surely get them a few days earlier). With that, anyone can take the decision to buy them or not.

Gin

May 2, 2018
can someone match up all the new pokemon already announced to that leaked shot which hinted at new mons?

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For all intents and purposes, we only got 4 major trailers after the reveal with smaller info in between.
June Direct > July Gigantamax > August Galarian Forms > September Side Features
Unless October plans to be an outlier we might get something as soon as next week... hopefully.

We're definitely not getting anything until later in October. They're releasing trailers roughly every two week since August and they count single reveal like Galarian Ponyta as one.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Rowlet was the most popular starter last gen right? I'm sad Grookey is by far the least popular, he's so cute. I was actually team Scorbunny at first, but Grookey grew on me. Don't get the Sobble obsession, but i have a feeling it could end up with the best final evolution (apropos of nothing).

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I just want the starter evolutions man. We know the Affleck leak is probably true but not having the full picture on the starters is killing me.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just to gauge the room -- we're thinking these Gigantimax forms are just gonna probably never appear outside of SwSh ("""regional unique features""") right? In a similar manner to which the megas were culled?

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Just to gauge the room -- we're thinking these Gigantimax forms are just gonna probably never appear outside of SwSh right? In a similar manner to which the megas were culled?
Of course, except for the Sinnoh remakes. They're totally gonna have Dynamax and Gigantamax in Sinnoh like Mega Evolution was in Hoenn.

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, except for the Sinnoh remakes. They're totally gonna have Dynamax and Gigantamax in Sinnoh like Mega Evolution was in Hoenn.

It's what I expected but I still hate it. Dynamaxing on its own is rather inoffensive as a mechanic even if it is mind-numbingly boring and dumb (in normal battles; the raids look neat enough). But to lock what are ostensibly evolutions behind it is pretty much encouraging me to not use Pokemon that have Gigantimax forms considering I can't take them forward. Not that this seems to matter anymore, but at least with normal-ass evolutions there's a chance I can use them in future regions.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Rowlet was the most popular starter last gen right? I'm sad Grookey is by far the least popular, he's so cute. I was actually team Scorbunny at first, but Grookey grew on me. Don't get the Sobble obsession, but i have a feeling it could end up with the best final evolution (apropos of nothing).
I think it's partially because this time people prepared for evos. They know how things will go for scorbunny. Everyone was obsessed with fennekin (not me).

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Just to gauge the room -- we're thinking these Gigantimax forms are just gonna probably never appear outside of SwSh ("""regional unique features""") right? In a similar manner to which the megas were culled?
It's most definitely featuring in at least one new game, specially if there is indeed a remake in the works.