• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdgeWilder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I cant believe people are complaining about pokemon balance when we havent even seen how they are going to be changing pokemon making it to Sw/Sh, or how certain pokemon not being in the dex effects the meta. I cant help but laugh at all this unneeded pessimism and outrage

Will

Oct 26, 2017
I cant believe people are complaining about pokemon balance when we havent even seen how they are going to be changing pokemon making it to Sw/Sh, or how certain pokemon not being in the dex effects the meta. I cant help but laugh at all this unneeded pessimism and outrage
Are you referring to the Mawile conversation? The amount of Pokemon you'd need to remove from the game to make Mawile viable would be very unfortunate.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
The commerical leaves me feeling old and confused. Does a giant water type beat a small electric type? What is happening?

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
These games at the very least look better than Gen 7 with it's constant cutscenes and character interruptions. I guess I cant say for sure this one wont have that but with things like the Wild Area and no other important friend characters to follow you around besides Hop, they might actualy go back to letting you experience things on your own again.

Still I do wish these games were more impressive. I would be A ok with cutting the National Dex if it really meant more high quality animations/models but it really seems like more of the same.

unholyFarmer

Jan 22, 2019
Final Starman
latest
So the Japanese trailer basically confirmed Mother 3 is coming to the west!

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Are you referring to the Mawile conversation? The amount of Pokemon you'd need to remove from the game to make Mawile viable would be very unfortunate.
I would assume he's referring to the post about Toxapex and Ferrothorn. People have also been saying things like the G-Max move that sets up rocks is broken.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
really not into the whole dynamax thing, but other than that it's the most exciting and refreshing pokemon has been. still could use more changes but this is a nice start seeing them more willing to take a little risk

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
Glad Ferrothorn and Toxapex are confirmed at least, those are two really useful mons. Ferrothorn in particular can be good in both singles and doubles, while battle spot singles may actually really appreciate Toxapex for stall teams. Toxapex and Tyranitar being confirmed for that are nice, now we just need Chansey...

Oct 27, 2017
Anchor points look really bad without particle physics for when the emitter is moving around. It makes sense for a move that's shared between all fire types to be fixed. Unreal Engine would be great for particles, but this looks like a much more designed and less generated effect.
Not really. Plenty of games don't even use real physics

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Plenty of games don't even use real physics

Sometimes they will use designed animations in that case to simulate physics. If its as detailed as the fire effects in this game its going to look strange if the whole animation is shifting. They could probably combine the shared animation with a generated one in some way.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly disappointed in this entry, but I'll skip it and get the 3rd version next year. DQXI, FE:TH and MHW:I are more than enough for me this holiday season.

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
Game looks dope honestly
It really does. Going to be fantastic going through the game

It's better to ignore because it's not gonna change. They're few and less and less will actually hold off to buy the game so it's sad at the same time

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
These games at the very least look better than Gen 7 with it's constant cutscenes and character interruptions. I guess I cant say for sure this one wont have that but with things like the Wild Area and no other important friend characters to follow you around besides Hop, they might actualy go back to letting you experience things on your own again.

Still I do wish these games were more impressive. I would be A ok with cutting the National Dex if it really meant more high quality animations/models but it really seems like more of the same.
I really hope they realize the mistake of constant interuptions in SU/MO. That was really the biggest problem with those games and it was awful

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Mawile made it in, huh?

Who's next? Beedrill? Lopunny? Pinsir? Pidgeot? Every Pokemon games needs a PU tier.
Well all those Pokemon have Megas, and there is an increasingly growing list of Mega Compatible Pokemon so far:
Charizard
Gengar
Gyaradis
Steelix
Scizor
Tyranitar
Glalie
Manetric
Gardevoir
Lucario
Gallade
Abomasnow

Excluding the other starters and the 3 legendaries, that already is 1/3 of the Mega able Pokemon. I'm just saying, Megas surely can't be dead if they are bringing back Mawile FFS.

Jun 2, 2019
Well all those Pokemon have Megas, and there is an increasingly growing list of Mega Compatible Pokemon so far:
Charizard
Gengar
Gyaradis
Steelix
Scizor
Tyranitar
Glalie
Manetric
Gardevoir
Lucario
Gallade
Abomasnow

Excluding the other starters and the 3 legendaries, that already is 1/3 of the Mega able Pokemon. I'm just saying, Megas surely can't be dead if they are bringing back Mawile FFS.

I keep thinking that gigantamax is a fusion of Megaevolution and z moves, and every pokémon with megaevos will be gigantamaxable

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Cynical pessimism is cool in ERA.

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
Never cared for things like Mega forms or Z moves since they pretty much limited your party to certain 'mon if you wanted to use them. So even if Dynamaxing is whatever, at least it works for all Pokémon.

Likely won't use it much unless the game requires me to do so.