• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
We will see

You what?

I am an OCD fueled collector that constantly feels the need to organize his collection of cards, games, and yes Pokemon, in different ways. I mentally organize my collections whenever something new is announced to accommodate the new acquisition

Said collection is now impossible to complete in-game, and will never come back.

The joy I get from Pokemon comes from starting at 0 and giving "Missions" to myself to go get a new Pokemon until the National Dex is done. I spent hundreds of hours doing just that.

What's so hard to understand?

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm indifferent myself, but I always thought it was weird how sure people were about him being a fraud

Like maybe he is, but it didn't scream as obvious to me lol

He's never given me that impression either, and as I've said, why would they give Charizard to a fraud/villain character.

The only thing close to that I can think of is that he's being used, like, he ignores that he's being manipulated or that he's part of an evil plan, and he's technically a fraud but not because he chose to, or because he's evil.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
He's never given me that impression either, and as I've said, why would they give Charizard to a fraud/villain character.

The only thing close to that I can think of is that he's being used, like, he ignores that he's being manipulated or that he's part of an evil plan, and he's technically a fraud but not because he chose to, or because he's evil.

tumblr_pnk7739JDx1wlhippo2_500.gif

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana

The whole Detective Pikachu movie is something I'd like to never use as reference for any main Pokémon game (though it already made it in lol).

But another thing I was gonna say, and this Omar Chaparro character (whatever his name was) serves as an example is that it would be more "obvious" to think the Champion is a fraud if he looked like more goofy, or more exaggerated, or cocky, but he looks too serious to be faking it.

I don't know how to say it. It's like, yeah, the theory that he's a fraud is a possibility, just like any other theory anyone can come up with, because we don't know anything, and we don't have any clues about what they're doing with the story and he characters. But I still fail to see what's so obvious about him being a fraud.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
I am an OCD fueled collector that constantly feels the need to organize his collection of cards, games, and yes Pokemon, in different ways. I mentally organize my collections whenever something new is announced to accommodate the new acquisition

Said collection is now impossible to complete in-game, and will never come back.

The joy I get from Pokemon comes from starting at 0 and giving "Missions" to myself to go get a new Pokemon until the National Dex is done. I spent hundreds of hours doing just that.

What's so hard to understand?

Yeah, I thought it was pretty clear.

Sad to say but it took me a REALLY long time to give any fucks about this. I always figured that my favs would surely get in and I've always had more of an interest in playing with NEW Pokemon over old. For the most part I'm right ... Haxorus and most of my other favs have been seen ... but here we are, it's a month away and I still haven't seen Buneary/ Lopunny and I'm worried af that I may not be able to get my punchy OG bunny in these games.

Tis a big fuck up...

Ryugarr

Dec 6, 2018
I haven't had a chance to keep up with leaks in awhile. What are the new ones that are legit? Also is there a specific place like a discord or something you guys are finding this stuff at?

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't had a chance to keep up with leaks in awhile. What are the new ones that are legit? Also is there a specific place like a discord or something you guys are finding this stuff at?
There aren't any recent ones which have much credibility. It's still the original Affleck leak, and a bunch of other rumours which don't have much corroborating evidence.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I like how that one leak says Team Yell are Marnie (who is a princess) guards.

Like it'd be hillarious if they act like goons the whole game and then suddenly turn around and reveal themselves as fancy, proper talking knights.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Gen 4 has worst male and Crystal/Heartgold/Soul Silver have worst female
Diamond Lucas is middle of the road and not exactly terrible, but Platinum Lucas is S Tier along with Nate and the Sword Protag. I'll agree about Lyra, no idea what the hell they were doing there.
Imagine thinking this when trash like the black 2 male protag exists with that dumbass hair, visor and stupid leggings underneath his shorts. Nothing comes close to that dumpster fire.
Man I gotta disagree. The visor is the freshest hat a male protag has worn yet, he has the best blue jacket out of all the blue jacket male protags, and that isn't leggings. He is wearing a surfing suit underneath his clothes, like how Rosa is likely wearing a 2 piece underneath her clothes. For some reason the protags look like they actually lived in Humilau at some point, not Aspertia.
Have you seen Hop's 34 hats?
Those are Leon's, probably trophies from all the previous protagonists he removed from the league.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Victor/Sword is already the best male design, Platinum Lucas is also pretty cool and unique with the scarf and beret
Dawn and Hilda are tied as best female designs and chicken hat girl from Alola is badass and I won't accept slander
I'm indifferent myself, but I always thought it was weird how sure people were about him being a fraud

Like maybe he is, but it didn't scream as obvious to me lol
Yeah makes no sense, just like when everyone kept making the same theories for SM just copying the plots of past games cause that was all they could think of lol

Nihilego_Khu

Mar 12, 2018
I don't think this one has been posted.

ihjt2iC.png

The B/W protagonist appearing would be hype, but if the Luxray line comes back only to be botched by a Normal/Dark regional form... I'm going to legit cry. The cover legendaries barely getting story attention gives me X/Y flashbacks.

Edit:

They also said the final evolutions for the starters are Pure Grass, Pure Fire and Water/Psychic, no gigantamax Venusaur/Blastoise and provided some Pokémon descriptions.
Well, saw lots of mentions of Meteodyna in the English version leaks.
Actually it came from 5ch at first and that leak said Meteodyna was this gen's pseudo-legendary. The differences between that leak and the Affleck leak, both of them are true, are that 5ch leak mentioned Rotom Phone, Nessa and Wooloo's Japanese names, and Meteodyna.
I don't know why all the English rumor makers ignored the pseudo...maybe they don't understand Japanese and couldn't find a good translator.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Calem sucks because lets be honest, the first time around for customization's sake they barely made any effort designing the protags. Gen 7 and the SwSh protags at least are a bit more interesting, especially the SwSh male for not having blue as his main color choice. Brendan flip flops for me, RS design is questionable at best, emerald would have been goat if it wasn't for those panta, and ORAS Biking Prodigy is a neat way of using a design for characterization but deviates a bit too much from the originals to find it great.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I obviously really like Nate so for me top three are likely Nate>Brendan>gold (or Ethan, really what I picture is gold from special) for boys, Serena>Rosa>may for girls.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just don't think Leon is the champion because it just seems wild that they would reveal who the final boss of the game would be right at the beginning of the advertisement campaign. You've got some form of twist to that right? You don't just reveal who the final battle is right from the start.

Granted, there could be the champion fight isn''t the final boss angle, ala Black and White which ended on the Ghetsis Battle instead and the Alder fight for the Champion was a bonus boss to take on. That could be a possible path. But considering they've revealed the Gigantimax Charizard now, it seems like you would be at least fighting that at some point in the game.

Just show me Chairman Rose and his Galarian Roserade already. With the overly Rose imagery, and considering registration is at the Budew designed house. They've probably got something for the Rose Pokemon planned in the game.

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
Btw, since I missed the collage talk in the other thread.
Why are people so adamant in insisting that the Clefairy/Gengar hybrid was Morpeko? To me, it seems very clearly meant to hint at the Impidimp line, not Morpeko. It seems weird that no one is pointing this out, since it is a big point of contention. I see no reason to believe in it yet. Am I missing something?

Armite

Mar 30, 2018
I can't see them not doing a fighter type of some sort. Even more so with a bunny that already stands on two legs and is just begging for some boxing gloves.
It's got to be a football (soccer) player, considering the region and focus on its feet (not to mention the collar is straight from a classic football jersey), so it will probably be more of a kickboxer.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Sobble's is the biggest mystery one. Like it's just hard to tell exactly how it will have a spy theme.
Its a chameleon with disarming tears, using that as a basis for a spy motif is extremely easy imo. Design wise it could be anything that much I do agree with. Grookey and Socrbunny have distinct traits that will obviously be expanded on in the evos(Plant Healing stick and footpads respectively) but Sobble is definitely gonna have an evo based on more innate traits, and its why I'm excited for it the most. Especially if its part ghost, something tells me its head fin will play into that.