• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

717DacHKvcL.jpg

THEY LIVE!!!

And amazingly, Prima is mentioned in the listing. Either they are indeed still in the game in their new form, or it's an error. I do remember seeing that Penguin Random House made the prior guides, but they owned Prima until this March, so it might've meant Prima from my findings.

Either way, best series for a guide is still getting them! :P

Oct 27, 2017
I look at this guide and all it makes me think is "a new and better version of the game will probably be out next year". Not sure why a guide of all things brings up that thought.

NintenDuvo08

Oct 30, 2017
OMG this takes me back, i made it a habit of always buying these guides, until i think in diamond and pearl when they started taking the pokedex out and selling it as its own book at a later date

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone whose never bought a pokemon guide, do these have the exact details of pokemon locations on a route by route basis?

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Are guide books super uncommon now or something? Feel like I see some for recent games every time I go to gamestop

MANUELF

Oct 25, 2017
The only guide I have bought for Pokemon is the Platinum one, what a beast that was, well worth the $20

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that I assumed it would?

I don't spend much time in game stores anymore, so I guess I hadn't realized physical guides aren't really a thing anymore. It makes sense, in an era where you can find anything you need to know about a game online...but what a drag.

I'm getting old :(