• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

r_n

Oct 25, 2017
Then what's special about the wild area? Just that it's not linear paths?
Basically. It's large open area you'll go through several times, you ca nfind other trainers passing by if you have the game online and you can interact with them for stuff and the weather will change throughout which will change the Pokemon you can find.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Basically. It's large open area you'll go through several times, you ca nfind other trainers passing by if you have the game online and you can interact with them for stuff and the weather will change throughout which will change the Pokemon you can find.

Also, raids. That's a pretty big thing.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
And this is kind of a pointless remark. I was just stating that bigger doesn't necessarily mean empty.

In two completely different games?

Space plays a very different role in BoTW.

I highly doubtful we will be paragliding, climbing, looking for temples/shrines, solving puzzles, and fighting in real time in a Pokemon game.

I'm looking forward to the game but some people get weirdly defensive about it and make comparisons like yours that simply don't work for me. We have yet to play the game either way so who knows what they have in store.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
They're about to spoil the hell outta this game aren't they? Like y'all really had to release this? We still have over a month left. They've been so mysterious with info why blow your load in the last few weeks.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Completely open world Pokemon would be absolute balls, let's be real now. Having the routes evolve into something like Dragon Quest and have them criss cross and intersect with one Wild Area would be fine, but no routes connecting the towns and cities would be completely changing the gameplay flow. Gamefreak talked about how removing HMs because of the Wild area removing the necessity to have a Lock and Key element to overworld exploration already says enough about what an open world game in their minds is.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Completely open world Pokemon would be absolute balls, let's be real now. Having the routes evolve into something like Dragon Quest and have them criss cross and intersect with one Wild Area would be fine, but no routes connecting the towns and cities would be completely changing the gameplay flow. Gamefreak talked about how removing HMs because of the Wild area removing the necessity to have a Lock and Key element to overworld exploration already says enough about what an open world game in their minds is.
Heck I'm playing Dragon Quest 11 right now and I think the basic grassy "routes" connecting towns are already too big for their own good

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DQ11 or DQ8? Because those are two different designs. DQ11 is more of an evolution of Pokemon's routes

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I think some are expecting way too much from the open area, I'm worried about it actually because it might be taking alot of space from the game.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
It seems like a pretty big map. Has it been confirmed that we'll have a bike / Pokemon / roller stakes to ride around on?

Spiderman

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
That sounds pretty awesome.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry it it's been answered but will available Pokemon in the wild area rotate or is it always going to be the same group with their respective percent chances to appear?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Sorry it it's been answered but will available Pokemon in the wild area rotate or is it always going to be the same group with their respective percent chances to appear?
There's going to be a huge number of different Pokemon there. The pool will be different depending on which part of the wild area you're in, the weather, the time of day, and possibly day of the week as well. There will also be some that are exclusive to the raid battles.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There's going to be a huge number of different Pokemon there. The pool will be different depending on which part of the wild area you're in, the weather, the time of day, and possibly day of the week as well. There will also be some that are exclusive to the raid battles.
Oh man that's so dope. Gives a reason to check every day and during special events. Thank you.