• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nihilego_Khu

Mar 12, 2018
abdc58ee3d6d55fb33175b2162224f4a21a4ddab.jpg

2c0fac345982b2b76a9115c33eadcbef76099b72.jpg

Cover of the corocoro SwSh fastest guide book

Twister

Feb 11, 2019
Wow, that actually looks quite a lot larger than I imagined! I just hope it's not a barren wasteland

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Looks a bit bigger than I was thinking recently, but smaller than I had originally hoped.
Does the cover mention anything about any reveals in the magazine?

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have they talked about how the random weather effcts will work? They're gonna change once a day or something like that?

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Looks pretty nice. I assume it'll be like Mt. Coronet where you pass through it several times in the game and explore new areas.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Looks huge. Will the Wild Area be one continuous, large area or multiple medium areas separated by towns, routes, etc. Seems continuous to me, but I'm not 100% sure

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
That's quite large, which is good.

I'm probably going to spend a long time there exploring, so I hope that the changing weather and stuff will lead to new discoveries that the player can make.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
Are Corocoro magazines sold in conbinis? I always just pass through the magazine racks and never take a look at them except for that one time I bought a Shonen Jump mag. I might buy a copy after the typhoon passes if so.

Key222

Dec 11, 2017
I assume there will also be other smaller areas not shown in the above map (such as Glimwood Tangle).

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
That looks bigger than I expected. I wonder what those icons mean (one of them is probably for The max raid spots, idk the rest).
The North Side looks pretty much the same size as the South Side, which I didn't except given how the main galar artwork looks.

As a side note, I think "routes" are being done away with entirely.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From the looks of things there won't be too many surprises for the wild area. Gamexplain did a video some time ago that pieced together the area with the footage available. They damn near shown end to end. Hope there's something left

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
From the looks of things there won't be too many surprises for the wild area. Gamexplain did a video some time ago that pieced together the area with the footage available. They damn near shown end to end. Hope there's something left
Yeah, this was always my impression too. Comparing the footage to the region map, it looked like they already showed off just about the whole thing.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like 1 and half of the big sized xeno 2 maps. Not bad.

Have they showed anything about "London" yet?

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I just hope there's actually some meaningful content filling that place instead of nothing but a bunch of wild Pokemon and raid battles.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Looks really big. Can't wait to explore it personally. Guessing it will have a bunch of nooks and crannies not very visible from the map too

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Surfing really isn't much of a thing anymore in pokemon. Shame, especially now that the games are in 3D. Not that I expected with Wind Waker shit, but I would have liked to see how they handle the jump

Deleted member 426

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously optimistic here. So this is essentially Hyrule Field from Ocarina? A hub field that links everything else? That's quite a massive departure from the linear routes of previous games.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cutting off at the viaduct and the entirety of the western shore not being a part of the wild area just feels so strange, especially cause in game it looks to be walled off with nonexistent hills.
What they cut it off? It looked so cool though to be able to go to the shore beneath the viaduct...

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Twilight Princess had big open empty fields too.

If there's not things to do in this space, it's pointless.

Electivirer

May 15, 2018
Twilight Princess had big open empty fields too.

If there's not things to do in this space, it's pointless.

Catching Pokémon (there are over leveled Pokémon as shown in the treehouse, and other strong Pokémon you can't even catch when you first access the wild area), fishing, bike surfing, raid battles, camping, battling NPCs...is what we know so far.