• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
So as the newest update of Pokemon TCG Online took place, people over reddit found something interesting.
junkWd1.png

As you can see in underlined text, the newest terms of use specifically mentions Nintendo Hardware/Software and Nintendo Network, which wasn't present before.

It is also important to note that Pokemon TCG Online hasn't been ported to any Nintendo devices yet.

credits to Heartskips for finding the link.

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
GOOD!

Annoyed me it never hit the 3DS even. But yeah TCGO is pretty nice and simple fun, highly recommend it. Love how fast TCG is in general

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They have removed in game purchases except tournament tickets which I think are worthless. If you want to add cards to your game, you either grind online versus games or buy them physically from a store.
Can you still use the coins to get online boosters? Had a pretty good deck like a year ago and never wasted a single cent in the game.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Makes perfect sense to me. It's a very simple program that can probably be ported with ease, and would be an easy "hit" for their paid online service in Fall to go alongside Smash and Pokemon.

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
I should get back into this game. I just hate having to buy pack codes off ebay. I've also never had a competitive deck. The last time I played you had to have Shaymin and I couldn't be bothered getting that.

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'd be SUPER down to play PKMNTCGO on my Switch. In bed, at school, wherever! If this is indeed a real thing, I'm surprised it took this long.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
False alarm. Move on people.

The Nintendo hardware / Network part has been there since September 2016:

https://www.pokemon.com/us/terms-of-use/

Also those terms aren't for TCGO but for TPCi website.
So... they've been there since just a few months prior to the launch of Switch?

I don't know, I don't think this is a guaranteed thing, but it would make a LOT of sense as an early title to help the paid online service.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
So... they've been there since just a few months prior to the launch of Switch?

I don't know, I don't think this is a guaranteed thing, but it would make a LOT of sense as an early title to help the paid online service.
I just used the last update date but I was wrong. The Nintendo section can be found as early as 2014:

https://web.archive.org/web/20140208000511/https://www.pokemon.com/us/terms-of-use/

Stop blowing everything out of proportion people.

Sealtest

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is actually interested in playing you can buy the physical Pokemon packs and they come with digital codes so you also get a pack in the game. Or could you simply just buy the codes from ebay or online card shops for cheap.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I was obsessed with playing this for a while, but I would much rather play it on Switch than a PC. If they can get it running smoothly on Switch, I wouldn't be able to tear myself away. The Pokemon TCG is actually fun as hell

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Not as good as a sequel to the GB Game, but I'm not getting upset about this. I'm totally willing to tag back in with this!