• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
Note: This looks to be "Part 1" of their Anniversary Event, with Part 2 starting in September

It's been one year since Pokémon Trainers first landed on Aeos Island, which means it's time to celebrate a year of ferocious battles and fabulous goal zone Aeos energy dunks. The excitement kicks off on Thursday, July 21, 2022, with new Unite licenses, Holowear and gifts for logging in, the start of Battle Pass Season 9, and a delicious Anniversary Cake Challenge.

Three new Pokémon will boldly enter the fray, starting with Glaceon, the Fresh Snow Pokémon, on July 21, 2022. Trainers interested in harnessing Glaceon's freezing force can take part in the Icy Glaceon Challenge running Thursday, July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT to Sunday, August 14, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. By completing the necessary missions, players can earn Glaceon's Unite license. Other Pokémon that will be making their Pokémon UNITE debut during the anniversary festivities include Buzzwole on Wednesday, August 3, 2022, and Tyranitar on Monday, August 15, 2022. Check back for more information about these new Pokémon's roles and special attacks.

Take on a new type of quick battle with Boss Rush. In Boss Rush, players team up to defeat powerful bosses and earn thrilling rewards. Fight hard and fight smart, because the higher your Unite squad's score, the better the rewards. Boss Rush will be available at three different periods during the anniversary celebration:

July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT to July 24, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT

July 31, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. PDT to August 7, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT

August 14, 2022, at 5:00 p.m. PDT to August 21, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT

Dive into an electrifying new battle pass season with Battle Pass Season 9 and Band Style: Pikachu Holowear, which debut on July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT. Hit the perfect pitch with Band Style: Pikachu and Songstress Style: Wigglytuff Holowear. As always, the new battle pass season brings new rewards, so get ready to rise through the battle pass levels.

Get into the festive spirit with free Unite licenses and haute Holowear simply for logging in. Hop into Pokémon UNITE for five days between July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and October 12, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT to receive the following Unite licenses and Holowear:

Day 1: Pikachu & Fashionable Style: Pikachu

Day 2: Lucario & Concert Style: Lucario

Day 3: Blastoise & Firefighter Style: Blastoise

Day 4: Snorlax & Bedtime Style: Snorlax

Day 5: Sylveon & Checkered Style: Sylveon

If players already own any of the Unite licenses or Holowear above, they will receive 100 Aeos coins instead for each Unite license and Holowear they already own.

And since it wouldn't be much of a celebration without cake, Trainers will be able to collect frosting for the Anniversary Cake Challenge, running July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT to September 1, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT. Battle and complete missions to collect frosting to build a mouth-watering anniversary cake—all while earning useful rewards.

Happy anniversary, Trainers!

Source: https://unite.pokemon.com/en-us/news/pokemon-unite-anniversary/

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Havent played in a while but this was pretty fun at the time so I'll definitely jump back in to try some of the new stuff.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A boss rush mode sounds interesting. Buzzwole looks so dapper with that suit on

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yoo my beautiful buff mosquito Buzzwole. What a great pick.
Haven't played the game in a while (last time was around Hoopa's release) but I actually really like Unite.
Have they buffed Trevenant and Decidueye? Last time I played my poor ghosties were cheeks lol

Rabbit

Feb 24, 2018
Haven't played the game in a while (last time was around Hoopa's release) but I actually really like Unite.
Have they buffed Trevenant and Decidueye? Last time I played my poor ghosties were cheeks lol
They did to both. Trevenant in particular is obnoxious as it takes forever to take it down now.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally putting in one of my favorite pokemon with Tyranitar means I have to go back to give it a try.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
They're both really good now.

Sep 5, 2021
Who do you think the three new Pokemon will be?

jxai3jmphqb91.jpg

Nucarn

Jan 15, 2020
Belgium
This has become my most played game on switch it's just super easy to pick up and play for really quick matches!
Can't wait for tyranitar I always have a spot for him on any mainline game he is in!

I am hopeful though that they do decide some day to improve the very sluggish menu UI

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
I've been playing this game non stop for the past three months, really fun if you have a good team.

Rigbones

Oct 25, 2017
Can part of the celebration be fixing the Switch version? The UI is incredibly laggy and every time I open the game it redownloads the entirety of the latest update even if it has already been downloaded before, which always takes 5-10 minutes. I've tried a bunch of things people have suggested on reddit including uninstalling and reinstalling but no matter what, it always redownloads the last update.

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
signal boosting the fact that you get 5 free Unite licenses (and pokegear!) as log-in rewards:

>
Hop into Pokémon UNITE for five days between July 21, 2022, at 12:00 a.m. PDT and October 12, 2022, at 4:59 p.m. PDT to receive the following Unite licenses and Holowear:
  • Day 1: Pikachu & Fashionable Style: Pikachu
  • Day 2: Lucario & Concert Style: Lucario
  • Day 3: Blastoise & Firefighter Style: Blastoise
  • Day 4: Snorlax & Bedtime Style: Snorlax
  • Day 5: Sylveon & Checkered Style: Sylveon

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The best thing to come from that game were all the new costume designs. The main games don't really give them much individuality.

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played the game in ages, but playable Buzzwole is enough to make me want to get back into it.

KeyChainDude

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, 5 new pokemon licenses only for logging in + challenge for a free Glaceon. They pull me back in!

The boss rush mode also seems fun, should be a nice change of pace to have a cooperative mode.

EDIT: We STILL don't have a new speedster in the game? As a Zeraora main, this is extremely disappointing ffs

Last edited:

Layell

One Winged Slayer
Apr 16, 2018
Bringing in Ttar might be enough to get me back into the game. I was never a big moba player, I enjoyed HoTS enough when I grinded for the OW costumes, and Unite is just short enough to work for me.

Excelsior

Oct 28, 2017
Just reviving this thread to let folks know that this event has started. There's also a whole "Welcome Back" additional series of rewards.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I played Pokemon Unite a little when it first came out and thought it was a lot of fun, but I didn't really have friends to play it. I never learned the meta or whatever since the game had not matured yet. I'll probably hop back in, at least for the log-in rewards.

OP
OP
diakyu

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Thanks to datamines we now know the other three pokemon for next month

Scizor, Mew, and Dodtrio (who is notably our first speedster in ages

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god Dodrio is a great choice.
I should probably be more excited for Mew as that is like my third favourite Pokémon, but the former was one of my MvPs back on Leaf Green.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017
So who in the heck thought the best way to do a special sale was to make the discount people get be random.

I get kinda it being only for the real world currency but the fact that some people get a 20% discount and others a 50% and there being no reason for it is just baffling.