• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
TL;DR: Beginning on December 2019 and throughout 2020 there will be lots of Sinnoh merchandise released. It's very likely this means that Sinnoh remakes are coming next year.

Paul is not a very well known YouTuber but he knows a lot about Pokémon. He runs the website Pokéshopper and has been covering Pokémon merchandise for years now. He really knows how the merch cycle works for Pokémon.

He has now uncovered that early 2020 merchandise leaks feature a lot of Sinnoh characters.

This is very similar to how Kanto stated to being featured a lot (more than normal) in merchandise near the end of 2016 / beginning of 2017.

I really recommend watching the video, and of course, all of this is speculation based on the merchandise schedule, but things are definitely lining up for a Sinnoh remake next year.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Hopefully its not a destruction of my childhood as AR/OS was

yes im being hyperbolic but boy did that game dissapoint me

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Its about time my favourite gen gets remade.

Even though it wont be as good as platinum, Im still glad this is finally happening.

edit:with that being said, if its a lets go game, Im quitting the series forever. Please be a normal remake.

Last edited:

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of sad this presumably means they're skipping Let's Go Johto for now, but at the same time, I haven't played a Sinnoh game in ages. Hyped.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Didn't we go through the same song and dance with Johto Merch some time back as well? I also refuse to believe Gamefreak will go completely annual with the series, 2020 shohld be a break year. Maybe in 2021 but not next year.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Please be good and have the entire Platinum Shinnoh regional dex + the entire Galar regional dex.

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't we go through the same song and dance with Johto Merch some time back as well? I also refuse to believe Gamefreak will go completely annual with the series, 2020 shohld be a break year. Maybe in 2021 but not next year.
Not at this level, no.

Also, we all know is either 2020 or 2021 for the remakes. I don't think they would heavily promote Sinnoh in merchandise throughout 2020 if they were planning to do nothing that year and announce the game until 2021.

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
What this means for me is that I can safely buy Sw/Sh without worry of a Super Sw/Super Sh coming out to make it obsolete.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
At least they can't make DP any slower.

lmao for real, Gen 4 engine was so slow. Never finished Pearl, and the reason I finished Soul Silver is because how much I loved the games (and how good they were)

I'm kind of sad this presumably means they're skipping Let's Go Johto for now, but at the same time, I haven't played a Sinnoh game in ages. Hyped.

Let's Go Johto and Sinnoh remake would be a interesting combo because how Gen 2 and Gen 4 were parallel to each other.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Please be real, and don't make it some lame Let's Go thing either

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
I've always expected DPPT remakes in 2020 so this is great confirmation to hear. Can't wait to see the game running on the Gen 8 engine.

I bet they'll turn Mt. Coronet into a wild area

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
2020? Damn it, I dont want to see another pokemon game until 2021.
Stop with this 1 game per year bullshit.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I mean

If they were going to do it, they'd do it at the end of the year with merchandise cross promotion

We've had many instances of merchandise focusing on a certain region and people insisting it means a remake. For example, we had a lot of Gen 4 merch and presence in 2017 around the movie.

Let's not jump to conclusions just based on merch.

Could it happen? Sure. Is this evidence? No

OP
OP
Atheerios

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I mean

If they were going to do it, they'd do it at the end of the year with merchandise cross promotion

We've had many instances of merchandise focusing on a certain region and people insisting it means a remake. For example, we had a lot of Gen 4 merch and presence in 2017 around the movie.

Let's not jump to conclusions just based on merch
As I replied to another user, it's either 2020 or 2021 for the remakes. I think we can all agree on that. They are not going to heavily promote Sinnoh throughout 2020 just to wait until 2021 to announce the remakes.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Base it on Platinum and give it some proper postgame content, unlike the absolutely awful ORAS postgame content.
Oh, and all Pokémon available in/up until Platinum should be available at the very least.

Zarckoh

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico
Expected it, some people were ridiculous about these remakes no longer existing because of let's go sales.

I just hope there is a Battle Frontier but the chances aren't looking good.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
As I replied to another user, it's either 2020 or 2021 for the remakes. I think we can all agree on that. They are not going to heavily promote Sinnoh throughout 2020 just to wait until 2021 to announce the remakes.
People said the same in 2016 for 2017 and 2018.

Merchandise tells part of the story, not the full story.

Merchandise cannot be used to determine such a thing. I've seen people do this each year for Sinnoh stuff since 2016.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sinnoh remake in 2020, Let's Go Johto in 2021 then maybe gen 9 in 2022 (if they stick to yearly releases, and 3 year gens).

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
with the anime featuring all regions next year I think this is less significant than it could have been otherwise

I think Sinnoh remakes are inevitable, and we'll probably get some game next year, but I wouldn't bet on it lining up

My ideal line-up would be Sinnoh remakes next year, Sword & Shield 2 the year after that, then the next gen after that. I think Let's Go won't continue, personally.