• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Pokemon Switch Come Out This Year?

• Yes

Votes: 554 51.9%
  • No

Votes: 181 17.0%
  • Lol

Votes: 332 31.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hentz

The Fallen
Mar 9, 2018
That picture is very obviously photoshop, you can clearly see the two guys in the picture are photoshopped. Not sure why all this discussion for that fake photo...

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone repost that rumor Steel Eevee tweet? It's not loading for me and I really want to see it. I'm in a car and can't find it myself

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
If they deleted it I guess it's fake then.

We're in open rumor season it seems. Hold onto your butts because we're in for a bumpy ride.

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Joe has not been responding to any of my posts

imma assume he knows something and is just waiting for an announcement like the rest of us (or my notifications are fucked up and I haven't been notified if he did respond)

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone saved a copy of the image that was deleted? I missed it and can't find it anywhere. I'm curious

Here you go, darling.

iSbuPD.jpg

EDIT: Beaten like a grass type against...almost any other type.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Joe has not been responding to any of my posts

imma assume he knows something and is just waiting for an announcement like the rest of us (or my notifications are fucked up and I haven't been notified if he did respond)

Leave the man alone lol. He knows as much as us.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here you go!

It definitely looks fake. I still want a Normal-Type Eeveelution. And it's just a larger Eevee named "Eeeveee."

Thanks and I think we will get a Normal Type Eeveelution the same gen we get a new Pikachu evolution where Pikachu evolves into a stronger version of Pikachu further making Raichu the Red headed step child of Game Freak. Every time Masuda evolves a Raichu he nicknames it "Mistake".

I'll stop now. Lol..

Here you go, darling.

iSbuPD.jpg

EDIT: Beaten like a grass type against...almost any other type.

Why thank you for the pic and the laugh! :)

Oct 26, 2017
If the first game for Switch is in fact gen 8 I'm expecting it to be something along the lines of X/Y where it takes advantage of the hardware, but post-game suffers because of the work transferring to a new system. It's why I'd much prefer a (sinnoh) remake since there's be less emphasis on creating something entirely new.

You say this not taking into account that if GF neutered the post game of ORAS, then its possible that they'd do the same to the Gen IV remakes (forget postgame when you have stuff like kids complaining that Mt. Coronet was too confusing to traverse. Which jump started the tradition of linear region design). This whole "first game is barren but the next games improve post game content" idea died with Gen VI.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Thanks and I think we will get a Normal Type Eeveelution the same gen we get a new Pikachu evolution where Pikachu evolves into a stronger version of Pikachu further making Raichu the Red headed step child of Game Freak. Every time Masuda evolves a Raichu he nicknames it "Mistake".

I'll stop now. Lol..

Brutal, but true. Raichu getting a buff was one of the best parts of Gen 7 for me.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
I really don't think there's a way we return to Kanto without having new pokemon in there. Idk why anyone thinks they'd stick to the original 151 at this point. The whole region would need to be completely reimagined. Like keep the really basic skeleton of it, but then just go absolutely nuts. Make everything larger, give it the environmental detail we'd expect from a switch game, give it a level of personality that the first HD Pokemon game deserves. They can take environmental inspiration from the anime/origins in that respect, but go even further by giving more to do everywhere. Bring it into the modern age as if it were designed by gamefreak in 2018.
Yeah I could see a return to Kanto take a few different approaches. Here are some ideas:

- HD 3D engine that resembles S/M's overworld except with a controllable camera, higher resolution and larger scale.
- World Map still has the same locations but aesthetically they may as well all be brand new
- New cities or towns have been built since then.
- Since Gen 1 and Gen 2, the region has had a lot of pokemon from other generations populate the region. The Kanto Regional Dex has 350 pokemon you can obtain in the game. Like Gen 6 and 7 each one is broken up into different regions.
- 50 new Kanto forms of Pokemon Gen 2-7 appear.
- 15 new cross gen evos from Gens 4-7 (and Eevee)
- 10 new Ultrabeasts
- Johto and Sevii Islands are post game regions and have similarly evolved.
- Johto has 25 additional regional forms from Gens 3-7.
- Johto Regional Dex has 300 pokemon much of it is shared with Kanto.
- Sevii islands have new Battle facilities and have a postgame storyline to capture the new Ultrabeasts and returning ones from Gen 7.
- Blue is the Kanto proffesor with Oak having retired.
- Blue hands out Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander but they are from a far away region and have different forms compared to the regular ones.
- Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, Lillie and Gladion are found in the new region.
- Lillie is the Kanto E4 champion while Gladion is the Johto E4 Champion.
- Some Gym Leaders and E4 members are the same and use new pokemon as well. While other Gym Leaders and E4 members are brand new.
- A Few gyms have even shut down but there are new ones in other locations.
- Totem Pokemon return and act as bosses for each dungeon like area. For example Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon. Diglett's Cave, Cerulean Cave, Lavender Tower, Seafoam Islands, Victory Road, Sprout Tower, Slowpoke Well, Ruins of Alph, Lake of Rage, Burned Tower, Dragon's Den, etc all have totem pokemon at the end. They are capturable like in USUM.
- Pokemon Rider, HMs and following Pokemon are all combined into one new feature. You can now bring out one pokemon with you into the overworld at all times. Each Pokemon has a different ability. Some you can ride on to move faster, others you can surf on, others roam around and locate hidden items, some can burn or cut brush, some can move heavy objects in the way, some can cross steep terrain, others illuminate dark or foggy areas, some attract rare or uncommon pokemon, others you can fly on, etc.
- Pokemon Amie feature from Gen 6 and 7 also return.

Slamtastic

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I could see a return to Kanto take a few different approaches. Here are some ideas:

- HD 3D engine that resembles S/M's overworld except with a controllable camera, higher resolution and larger scale.
- World Map still has the same locations but aesthetically they may as well all be brand new
- Since Gen 1 and Gen 2, the region has had a lot of pokemon from other generations populate the region. The Kanto Regional Dex has 350 pokemon you can obtain in the game. Like Gen 6 and 7 each one is broken up into different regions.
- 10 new Ultrabeasts
- Sevii islands have new Battle facilities and have a postgame storyline to capture the new Ultrabeasts and returning ones from Gen 7.

- Blue hands out Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander but they are from a far away region and have different forms compared to the regular ones.
- Some Gym Leaders and E4 members are the same and use new pokemon as well. While other Gym Leaders and E4 members are brand new.
- Totem Pokemon return and act as bosses for each dungeon like area. For example Viridian Forest, Mt. Moon. Diglett's Cave, Cerulean Cave, Lavender Tower, Seafoam Islands, Victory Road, Sprout Tower, Slowpoke Well, Ruins of Alph, Lake of Rage, Burned Tower, Dragon's Den, etc all have totem pokemon at the end. They are capturable like in USUM.
- Pokemon Rider, HMs and following Pokemon are all combined into one new feature. You can now bring out one pokemon with you into the overworld at all times. Each Pokemon has a different ability. Some you can ride on to move faster, others you can surf on, others roam around and locate hidden items, some can burn or cut brush, some can move heavy objects in the way, some can cross steep terrain, others illuminate dark or foggy areas, some attract rare or uncommon pokemon, others you can fly on, etc.

here's my take on a realistic game freak version of your ideas

Pekola

Oct 27, 2017
There's something that's been bothering me about the lack of actual leaks. And it's the fact that we have no concrete info of when we can expect anything. Usually, when something is near, people start coming out of the woodwork to validate as much.

But with Pokemon we've just seen guesses and more guesses. If the direct for Pokemon Switch is near, why is there nothing concrete being leaked?

Realistically we know that we have until E3 for any news on a 2018 game. But you'd think that if the direct was going to be soon, we'd get more people coming out with a date.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
There's something that's been bothering me about the lack of actual leaks. And it's the fact that we have no concrete info of when we can expect anything. Usually, when something is near, people start coming out of the woodwork to validate as much.

But with Pokemon we've just seen guesses and more guesses. If the direct for Pokemon Switch is near, why is there nothing concrete being leaked?

Realistically we know that we have until E3 for any news on a 2018 game. But you'd think that if the direct was going to be soon, we'd get more people coming out with a date.
We didn't hear about the March direct until a few days before... Relax.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

Well, we had leaks like the Italian leaks that could be very much true.
After the leaks on Gen 7, Gamefreak could be acting more cautious now, you never know.

But I belive that Pokemon will be a 2018 release, because there's no way Nintendo could achieve the sales expectations just with Smash(which is rumored for September). Pokemon Switch is most likely the holiday game.

Nintendo will drop the date of the Direct on a random day, like it always done before, there's still time.

Starkiller

Jan 30, 2018
Well, we had leaks like the Italian leaks that could be very much true.
After the leaks on Gen 7, Gamefreak could be acting more cautious now, you never know.

But I belive that Pokemon will be a 2018 release, because there's no way Nintendo could achieve the sales expectations just with Smash(which is rumored for September). Pokemon Switch is most likely the holiday game.

Nintendo will drop the date of the Direct on a random day, like it always done before, there's still time.

Nintendo can sell 20 million with Animal Crossing and Smash. It doesn't have to be Pokemon.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's something wrong about Lillie being a champion. Not to mention the Aether Foundation is still important to Lillie and Gladion with both of them intending to return to Alola rather than stay in Kanto (and Gladion does return). So both of them staying in Kanto doesn't make much sense. A cameo is good enough, no need to force them into some important position that's not befitting of them

dont take this as me being on team Kanto. I'm staunchly anti-Kanto

Telpis

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Give me 3 new Eevee's forms his gen but I'll settle for 2

Ghost
Dragon
Flying

I hope someday the Eevee set is complete before I die I'm only 29 so there's hope lol

GiantBreadbug

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious what kind of BST distribution potential Eeveelutions would have (all of them have the 130-110-95-65-65-60 set mixed amongst the stats).

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
If we are getting Kanto, we are also getting Johto. M21 is seemingly skipping OI, going straight to Johto, so promoting both regions two years in a row with a Kanto sequel game then following the movies, without johto, would be very unlikely. Sevii Islands? We may never see them again, I mean HGSS cut them for the sake of consistency with GSC, why would they put them in sequels to games that ignored em?

As for the Takara Tomy plush index thing. The 26th is more or less the formal beginning of the fiscal year. It doesn't actually mean that an announcement should come by then, however it is telling. And because its telling, that's why an announcement is coming up. Nintendo's fiscal briefing covers the entire year and their plans, so they either have to announce the games there(which has never happened) or Gamefreak has to get the names and release window out in public so Nintendo can include them in their plans for holiday 2018. No way is an announcement happening afterwards imo. Unlike other games who's existence was unknown and thus could be revealed on their own terms, Pokemon Switch exists and is on their release schedule for 2018 or later. That's not going to remain the same for long, but Nintendo can't update or ignore it either.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
"- Lillie is the Kanto E4 champion while Gladion is the Johto E4 Champion."

Literally doesn't make any sense. Johto shares the same Pokemon League as Kanto, so you can't have two separate champions.
I meant after completing the 8 badge challenge and then the 16 badge challenge. There were different champions when you completed both challenges.
here's my take on a realistic game freak version of your ideas
I'd agree overall. However, I do think there will be an HM replacement system. It may not be what I listed or what was in Gen 7 but I do think GF has gotten rid of HMs. They are QoL improvements and I dont see them regressing back to the hm system. I could see totem pokemon return but they may be one of those Gen exclusive things that GF likes to do.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If we are getting Kanto, we are also getting Johto. M21 is seemingly skipping OI, going straight to Johto, so promoting both regions two years in a row with a Kanto sequel game then following the movies, without johto, would be very unlikely. Sevii Islands? We may never see them again, I mean HGSS cut them for the sake of consistency with GSC, why would they put them in sequels to games that ignored em?

As for the Takara Tomy plush index thing. The 26th is more or less the formal beginning of the fiscal year. It doesn't actually mean that an announcement should come by then, however it is telling. And because its telling, that's why an announcement is coming up. Nintendo's fiscal briefing covers the entire year and their plans, so they either have to announce the games there(which has never happened) or Gamefreak has to get the names and release window out in public so Nintendo can include them in their plans for holiday 2018. No way is an announcement happening afterwards imo. Unlike other games who's existence was unknown and thus could be revealed on their own terms, Pokemon Switch exists and is on their release schedule for 2018 or later. That's not going to remain the same for long, but Nintendo can't update or ignore it either.
Well, Pokémon USUM were announced only in June, right? That was an important part of Nintendo's lineup for the year that was missing by the time of the financial briefing.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017

- 10 new Ultrabeasts

Very cool ideas. I personally don't want ultra beasts to ever return though. But I really like your idea of totem pokemon bosses in each area. Super down for that.

Oct 26, 2017
Well, Pokémon USUM were announced only in June, right? That was an important part of Nintendo's lineup for the year that was missing by the time of the financial briefing.

The lead-up to a third version is generally a bit shorter than for an all new game.
Of course we shouldn't rely too much on previous established "patterns", but still.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
My idea is still that the UB has destroyed Kanto and is a post-apocalyptic wasteland in which there is hardly anything recognizable from the past. All 151 Pokémon have lost 90% of their population (minus Pikachu) and the few survivors survive among sand, fire and death.

And finally, oblivion.

I don't want to go back to Kanto

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
My idea is still that the UB has destroyed Kanto and is a post-apocalyptic wasteland in which there is hardly anything recognizable from the past. All 151 Pokémon have lost 90% of their population (minus Pikachu) and the few survivors survive among sand, fire and death.

And finally, oblivion.

I don't want to go back to Kanto

Kanto is now a gritty wasteland where the few remaining inhabitants will do anything to survive.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.