• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017

ED5_MyIXsAABaOp.png

Kinda surprised, never actually imagined this would finally happen.

Last edited:

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
If true I really hope this can be disabled, cause I make use of resetting a lot in these games.

abrack

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Wonder how often / what triggers it. Would be interesting if this eliminates resetting to try to get the right nature/IVs or shinies.

Jaktagious

May 29, 2018
This is a megaton announcement worthy of its own trailer. No more saving twice out of paranoia.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
mmm....not a good thing to me. imagine if game saves after every battle with legendaries. basically if you get a bad one, you are f*cked.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That would be really nice except for the time honored tradition of manually saving right before a tough boss or legendary Pokemon encounter.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
If this isn't optional or has a dedicated save slot it's actually pretty awful lol

But I doubt GF's that dumb...right?

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
Honestly the soft reset meta for good IVs ends up making me stress out and quit. I'm totally cool with that just being gone.

Of course hacked mons will make the whole thing moot though :/

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon is actually the game I wouldn't like auto-saving. Hopes it's an option lol.

But if it isn't. I'll have to adjust lol

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Better hope that the manual and auto saves don't overwrite each other

Who am I kidding. There's still going to be a sole save slot for the cartridge

Aug 13, 2019
Sounds cool. Most games have the auto-save and the manual save as different slots, so I don't see any problem with this if that's what they do.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Wait. Couldn't it just be saving the change of clothing. Like it saves after every change of appearance?

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
Yeah, I can't see this going well. Given Pokemon's aversion to having more than one save file per person, the autosave will most likely overwrite your regular save, and so if you fuck anything up you risk having it be permanently saved. I can see them removing the soft reset function too just to top things off (FE3H implemented it perfectly, but I don't trust GF to do so)

Deleted member 35077

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I guess Masuda is finally getting his wish of adding more rng in bredding. He has been on the record stating that he hates how much people are obsess with getting 6iv pokemon, thinking them as tools instead of friends. Even thought of removing Ditto from the game as a possible solution.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Shit, this could be really bad.

And knowing Gamefreak, they'll implement it in the worst way possible.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I can't see this going well. Given Pokemon's aversion to having more than one save file per person, the autosave will most likely overwrite your regular save, and so if you fuck anything up you risk having it be permanently saved. I can see them removing the soft reset function too just to top things off (FE3H implemented it perfectly, but I don't trust GF to do so)
Why would they remove soft reset?

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
As long as it's like most games and there's a separate save file for autosave then I'm okay with this.

Sieglinde

Feb 20, 2019
You also wouldn't think a game would lock difficulty options based on which version you buy but Game Freak did that, huh?
Did they?i honestly don't know since all the games i've played didn't have dificulty options, still tho that's fundamentally different compared to outright messing with people's manually saved data, and it's not like they need to include auto saves so they'll probably do what literally any game does and have manual saves separated from auto saves which would be read only.