• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
You can't even defend yourself against these idiots because they're the law. You can just slow them up and hope they catch on that they're making a mistake, and how fucking often do people realize and admit that they're in error when they're in a position of authority?

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I was so scared that while time he was going to get shot or tased. These fucking racists cops

boontobias

Avenger
Apr 14, 2018
Their publicity training kicked in.

No camera, and they would have suplexed the man then arrested him for his blood assaulting their shirts

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
tenor.gif

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Scared to look at the comments or replies. "Why didn't he just cooperate?"

BTW what's the official explanation for why they showed up?

Robochimp

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Scared to look at the comments or replies. "Why didn't he just cooperate?"

BTW what's the official explanation for why they showed up?

"The deputy was there on official business based on a report that a wanted fugitive was near the location. The deputies left when they determined that this man was not the suspect they were seeking," said Chief Deputy Donald Steward.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The deputy was there on official business based on a report that a wanted fugitive was near the location. The deputies left when they determined that this man was not the suspect they were seeking," said Chief Deputy Donald Steward.

Like "near the location" seems like a reasonable mistake anyone could make!

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's "funny" how almost every time this happens, the cop tries to go out of their way to explain how they made the mistake. "See. Doesn't that look like you?". Just take the L, apologize, and move on. The last thing the person you've been harassing, threatening with jail time, and put in a situation where they feared for their life when they were just minding their business wants to hear about is you trying to justify your mistake. You're not going to all be laughing about it once you do. "Oh man! You almost took me to jail and had me thinking you might shoot me because I'm the same race as this guy you're looking for LOL!".

Lifendz

Oct 27, 2017
Even protesting like this and telling the officer he's making a mistake can cost you your life if you're black in this country. I watched the video and was glad it didn't end with the black guy being choked to death or shot...and that's really a sad statement about law enforcement.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
God damn, he went off at the end haha, spoke the truth right into that assholes face. Glad he got out of that situation unscathed.

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
That officer, when called a racist motherfucker, looked like a proud dad after his kid did something great.

Infuriating but I've seen this happen first hand by SFPD when I was a teenager, white cops can't tell anyone apart other then white cops.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
That's some South Park cop level shit going on right there, he might as well just have picked any black man and assumed his name was Quintin because all black men are obviously criminals in the US.

Absolutely disgusting.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
The suspect was in their 50's and this cop was a supervisor? Damn

Glad his incompetence didn't get anyone killed

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A little background on what was going on:

That cop knew that he fucked up so he wanted to detain or arrest him so that he could compel him to provide ID. He was hoping that he couldn't provide ID so he could arrest him or if he has it by claiming it was fake. When that didn't work he wanted to do a report so he could get all of his information including his DL number so he could harass him for deigning to defy him.

Last edited:

cid85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty fucked up!
The bad cops give a bad name to all the good ones out there.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Anyone else feel highly uneasy just watching? I felt at any one point the cop could have done something atrocious.

I'm glad dude is alive and well. Shame on the cop.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else feel highly uneasy just watching? I felt at any one point the cop could have done something atrocious.

I'm glad dude is alive and well. Shame on the cop.

I was uneasy, for sure. It's a bit scary to think a police officer can just walk on to your property and make the move to cuff or arrest you based on "proof" that is clearly incorrect. That was probably the scariest thing.

As a citizen, was there anything more the gentleman in the video could've done to protect/defend himself in this situation? I'm asking seriously - what rights do we have when a police officer approaches us in an incorrect manner, such as shown in this video?

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
A little background on what was going on:

That cop knew that he fucked up so he wanted to detain or arrest him so that he could compel him to provide ID. He was hoping that he couldn't provide ID so he could arrest him by claiming it was fake. When that didn't work he wanted to do a report so he could get all of his information including his DL number so he could harass him for deigning to defy him.

That's beyond fucked up.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
I was uneasy, for sure. It's a bit scary to think a police officer can just walk on to your property and make the move to cuff or arrest you based on "proof" that is clearly incorrect. That was probably the scariest thing.

As a citizen, was there anything more the gentleman in the video could've done to protect/defend himself in this situation? I'm asking seriously - what rights do we have when a police officer approaches us in an incorrect manner, such as shown in this video?
We as citizens have the right to resist an unlawful arrest with necessary force needed to do so.

Read through this:
https://www.constitution.org/uslaw/defunlaw.htm

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I keep flipping back and forth between wanting America to be better and wanting to see it all turn to dust.

The day white America gets some form of comeuppance and international embarrassment and flogging is the day I choke on schadenfreude

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
This makes me sick to my fucking stomach. I'm so happy they did not kill him. Literally shaking after that. I'm so sorry that black people in this country have to deal with that. I can't even begin to imagine what that's like.

Deleted member 20284

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Beyond the obvious bullshit here, It's fucked up and weird how there is no physical threat or flight risk whatsoever and USA police just manhandle and attempt to arrest someone. Great this guy knew to just stay on his property but I fear for the less informed wrongfully accused. Shit police work.

sooperkool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As a citizen, was there anything more the gentleman in the video could've done to protect/defend himself in this situation? I'm asking seriously - what rights do we have when a police officer approached us in an incorrect manner, such as shown in this video?
There are many rights against search, seizure and arrest that you have on property that you own that's why the cop tried to get him to come to his car. This man reacted in a way that was within his rights and prevented the cop from escalating and making claims that he was resisting to the point that force was justified on camera