• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 31, 2017
I'm so glad nothing happened to the guy. I'm pretty sure if the wife wasn't there he'd be dead or arrested and in jail for a billion years.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
There are bad cops, dead cops that were murdered or given a particularly dangerous assignment for trying to be good cops, ex-cops fired for trying to be good cops, and soon to be a b or c cops.

Deleted member 4274

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't generalize. I stated a fact.

It feels like the semantic argument regarding 'all cops are bad' is a less important one than: ok, ok, out of the 459,000 law enforcment officers out there 12,000 of them could objectively be decent people...sooo most cops are bad? Yay? If so why wouldn't 'The good ones' do anything about this perpetually heinous gathering of cops they find themselves amongst?

Edit: bah quoted wrong person, sorry mate

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some police continue to suck

They don't have records? They couldn't ask him questions without holding him against his will?

Like what the fuck are these cops doing? Yes, he could have provided ID to rectify any concerns but like, he shouldn't have to do that just to have a conversation with a cop.

Last edited:

Fiddler

Oct 27, 2017
There are good cops, just not in the USA it seems. If there were, these good cops would do something.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
That made my blood boil... Full credit to the being assaulted by that asshole in uniform. The idiot was acting with disgusting impunity. The racism in the US is still so blatant.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
How can they continue to do this without repercussions? Can somebody explain this to a foreigner? Thanks.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How can they continue to do this without repercussions? Can somebody explain this to a foreigner? Thanks.
Policing is hard to change due to a number of reasons. Many Americans believed that the police are and have little problems. since most of the policing is a state issue many states have different views and how to fix that issue. There is also way too many police departments.

Blackage

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck that shit, I woulda produced Driver's License, Student ID, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, 3 Credit Cards and Ancestory.com results, he's far braver then I am dealing with the police.

Aldo

Mar 19, 2019
Policing is hard to change due to a number of reasons. Many Americans believed that the police are and have little problems. since most of the policing is a state issue many states have different views and how to fix that issue. There is also way too many police departments.
Do these departments answer to a centralized authority or is every department more or less independent? If it's the latter then I can maybe see where all these problems come from.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, I was at one point (regarding US cops, based on reports from the ol' place) 'But not all cops are bad', which sure is true, but if I was a ethnic minority, I would be scared for my life if a cop pulled up since such a large portion seem to be racist, uneducated, fascist or just plain dumb (or combination of everything).

The US law enforcement need a heavy reformaiton. It should require many years in college / university or special police school that is equalient to uni or college to become a law enforcement, now it seem to attract the bottom of the barrel.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Can't even enjoy life in your front yard while black. Hope there's some justice.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do these departments answer to a centralized authority or is every department more or less independent? If it's the latter then I can maybe see where all these problems come from.
they usually work under each state department of justice or attorney's general office if shit get bad but for the most part they're pretty much independent. It's like super complex man
for example I live in the state of Georgia there are like four levels of law enforcement you have state county City and miscellaneous

Last edited:

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was at one point (regarding US cops, based on reports from the ol' place) 'But not all cops are bad', which sure is true, but if I was a ethnic minority, I would be scared for my life if a cop pulled up since such a large portion seem to be racist, uneducated, fascist or just plain dumb (or combination of everything).

The US law enforcement need a heavy reformaiton. It should require many years in college / university or special police school that is equalient to uni or college to become a law enforcement, now it seem to attract the bottom of the barrel.
I mean that wouldn't fix the issue because the issue was never really is education or training. Because America is races our criminal justice system will be racist it doesn't matter if you have a college degree or a high school degree

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
Cops are allowed to police themselves most of the time. If it is bad the District Attorney can charge an officer but usually don't because they have to work with the police and a (white) jury rarely convicts.

I forget the instances which cause the FBI to investigate a city like Baltimore, Fetguson and Chicago but that falls on the US Attorney General which is currently a GOP partisan crook named William Barr.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to get into American police being horrible or the racial implications of this dumb "case", but what's the point of a law saying you don't need to show your ID to police?

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to get into American police being horrible or the racial implications of this dumb "case", but what's the point of a law saying you don't need to show your ID to police?
If Im not arrested for a crime, why do I need to tell cops who I am? They need a reason or they can get names/addresses whenever they feel like.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I mean that wouldn't fix the issue because the issue was never really is education or training. Because America is races our criminal justice system will be racist it doesn't matter if you have a college degree or a high school degree

While true, isn't it shown that people with higher education is less likley to be racist and sexist?

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I seriously doubt it. when you look at other institutions like healthcare for example where there are tons of educated people in there for the most part it is still super racist.

Hm, this is what I found:
https://journalistsresource.org/studies/society/race-society/smart-people-racism-equality-prejudice/

• Survey respondents with better scores on the verbal ability test were much less likely to have a negative view of black people's intelligence and work ethic. For example, 45.7 percent of respondents who scored the lowest on the test reported that they think "blacks are lazy." About one-quarter (28.8 percent) of the highest scorers agreed with the statement.
  • Respondents with higher test scores were less likely to oppose black-white intermarriage and having black neighbors. Twenty-eight percent of those scoring in the highest one-third of test takers said they oppose intermarriage compared to 46.7 percent of those in the bottom third of test takers.
  • White survey participants generally were more likely to support opportunity-enhancing policies such as open housing laws and tax incentives for businesses in black communities than redistributive policies such as racial preferences in employment and government aid for black people.
  • A small portion of all respondents said they support racial preferences in employment. But those with the highest verbal test scores were less likely to support racial preferences than those with the lowest scores. About 13 percent of respondents with top scores reported supporting racial preferences in employment compared to 8.2 percent of those who received middle-range scores and 15.2 percent who performed worst on the exam.
  • There is a general disconnect across all ability levels when it comes to views on racial segregation and discrimination and support for policies intended to redress those issues. For example, 88.8 percent of respondents said they think black and white students should attend the same schools. However, 23.2 percent said they support busing programs intended to integrate segregated school districts.
  • Differences in attitude by ability level are less pronounced among respondents who grew up before the American civil rights movement. The author states that "higher verbal ability is closely linked to rejection of overtly prejudicial attitudes among cohorts socialized during or after the 1950s and 1960s."

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017

It's worse than you think. Not only is the bolded the case, but when it does by chance attract anyone of higher intellectual capabilities, there are quite a lot of places that will outright block their application after determining them to be so, due to the desire to actively avoid having anyone who can think for themselves on the force. As someone mentioned though, it's not just the police that need to be reformed, but the entire criminal justice system in this country. The police are obviously an important part of that, but assuming minorities survive their encounter with police, they've got a judicial system wherein they often cannot afford adequate counsel, where judges will impose harsher sentences for no other reason than their race, and so on.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
they usually work under each state department of justice or attorney's general office if shit get bad but for the most part they're pretty much independent. It's like super complex man
for example I live in the state of Georgia there are like four levels of law enforcement you have state county City and miscellaneous
Where I am in South Carolina, we have three separate police departments within 10 miles of each other, then there's the county sheriffs department, and then state law enforcement (highway patrol, department of natural resources, protective services for state capital stuff, SLED is like our state fbi like you have GBI in GA.)

Again, four departments in such a small area, adding in all the state law enforcement, and there are policies for each agency that differ in many ways.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's worse than you think. Not only is the bolded the case, but when it does by chance attract anyone of higher intellectual capabilities, there are quite a lot of places that will outright block their application after determining them to be so, due to the desire to actively avoid having anyone who can think for themselves on the force. As someone mentioned though, it's not just the police that need to be reformed, but the entire criminal justice system in this country. The police are obviously an important part of that, but assuming minorities survive their encounter with police, they've got a judicial system wherein they often cannot afford adequate counsel, where judges will impose harsher sentences for no other reason than their race, and so on.

Good points, agree on all of them (and your saying that higher intellectual is sad...).