• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I did a search and didn't see anything and thought it'd be worthy of a thread.

So I'm reading an article on BBC about Facebook banning advertising from Britain First. The article then goes on to say how the ads were put up by Political Gamers TV. The ads in question were about a petition to stop a mosque being built in Kent. So far pretty much standard BF crap.

We then get to hear about who Political Gamers TV are:

Political Gamers TV told BBC News it was "a new, growing patriotic gaming youth movement... here to defend the rights of gamers and games from the unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists".

What I found disturbing was how they call themselves a youth movement. I find it sickening that a arm of Britain First (a banned group in the UK) is targeting kids under the guise of gamers.

If they are indeed tied to Britain First, is there then no way they can also get banned?

You can read the full article below.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-46746601

Oh and I felt the gaming section was relevant. Sorry if that was worng.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
White nationalists recruiting and targeting kids with video games is a well known occurrence in the US but nothing is done of it. Don't expect anything better from the UK.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't heard of the group before, but just going by the description, my guess is that they'd seen that previous attempts to radicalize people in the nerd sphere have worked so this group decided that they wanted in on that action.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
It is brutal, but these shitty organizations have found that there is a pulsating vein to be tapped in the form of young gamers. It seems to be that years of callus, shitty representation gone unchecked has left a lot of young gamers with a poisonous view of women and, to a lesser extent, minorities. Gamer Gate was only the beginning, the nazis, the misogynists, and the white supremacists have all clued into how poorly informed and vulnerable a large section of gamers are. It is now a race to try to cut off the rot before more of the "culture" is infected.

We now see "PC culture" frequently mentioned with scorn. Because, you know, it is just AWFUL when people are expected to not whip out their prejudice with wanton recklessness. It doesn't help that adolescents are often primed to rebel. Worse yet, being "edgy" is one of the final boundary pushing phases that a lot of teenagers engage in. This too has been noticed by these shitty organizations and is being used to help propagate hateful messages online.

It is all very gross and, unfortunately, there is no easy solution. I think things are going to get much, much worse before they get better.

Se_7_eN

Oct 25, 2017
Political Gamers TV told BBC News it was "a new, growing patriotic gaming youth movement... here to defend the rights of gamers and games from the unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists".

Perfect!... As long as they are openly admitting that they hate women and anyone with common sense, then we have nothing to worry about.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
"a new, growing patriotic gaming youth movement... here to defend the rights of gamers and games from the unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists".
The narrative that the gamer is a marginalized, oppressed identity will never not be hilarious to me.

OP
OP

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
[QUOTE="Retroarnold, post: 16628864, member: 31133"Political Gamers TV told BBC News it was "a new, growing patriotic gaming youth movement... here to defend the rights of gamers and games from the unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists".

Perfect!... As long as they are admitting that they are openly admitting that they hate women and anyone with common sense, then we have nothing to worry about.[/QUOTE]

My worry is that they are targeting young children and grooming them to the far-right. If the UK government can ban hate groups like Britain First then surly they can do the same with these right-wing scum bags?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists

Is this ironic? Imagine being so disconnected from reality that you think white male gamers are being unfairly treated just because they added some minorities to some videogames.

Skeleton

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please don't rise up gamers. Sounds like this is a job for the bully hunters. please end this.

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
This has to be someone kind of joke

Also why is it called "Political Gamers TV"? Aren't these the types of people who DON'T "want politics in games"?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Is this ironic? Imagine being so disconnected from reality that you think white male gamers are being unfairly treated just because they added some minorities to some videogames.

It is absolutely not ironic. If you peek around the wrong parts of the internet long enough that becomes pretty clear. It might be saying words to achieve an agenda instead of to express what they actually think, but it's not irony in the sense that it's meant to be a joke.

whitePowder

Banned
Jan 3, 2019
User Banned (Permanent): Troll Account
Every political activist group targets people with the aim to join their cause. The fact some are opposed to views being expressed because they dislike them, is unfortunately common among the regressive left.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017

I cringed so hard reading this I fear I might never fully recover.

Their YouTube page seems to be full of those awful 'lol feminazi owned' videos as well as ones of Tommy Robinson, Ben Shapiro, Britain First etc so that should only confirm the sort of knuckle draggers they'll be hoping to recruit. Nothing game related either, strangely.

Last edited:

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
...Political Gamers TV told BBC News it was "a new, growing patriotic gaming youth movement... here to defend the rights of gamers and games from the unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists".
Jesus of fucking Christland, when will these psychos realize that being asked to consider the feelings of others is NOT unfair treatment?
"they said I can't use racial slurs or insinuate female gamers should be subject to sexual violence, they're so gosh darn mean to me!" Fucking pathetic.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Same places they all come from. Hell its probably has a lot of familiar shit birds taking up a new home.

KratosEnergyDrink

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
White nationalists recruiting and targeting kids with video games is a well known occurrence in the US but nothing is done of it. Don't expect anything better from the UK.

Nothing new, these dumb nationalist are always targeting kids, especially young boys and simple minded or uneducated older man, be it gamers, soccer fans, or something other. Its just easier now with social media.

AGoodODST

Oct 28, 2017
Political Gamers TV told BBC News it was "a new, growing patriotic gaming youth movement... here to defend the rights of gamers and games from the unfair treatment of male gamers coming from SJWs [social justice warriors], feminists and left-wing activists

That is the most pathetic paragraph. Jesus. Imagine being so fucking stupid and disconnected from reality to think that male white gamers are being targeted because of better representation in games.

I seriously can't get over how embarassing that is.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
I looked them up on youtube, and shockingly there is nothing about games on their youtube channel.

Edit:
Hmmm
Ot09shA.png

hnEITeS.png

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Every political activist group targets people with the aim to join their cause. The fact some are opposed to views being expressed because they dislike them, is unfortunately common among the regressive left.

White Powder, eh? Regressive left, eh? Yeah, I know how this ends already. Did you have your fun, sweetie? Do you get to go back to whatever shithole (most likely reddit or 4chan) you regularly post in and brag about the war wound you received while fighting the "crazy", "regressive left", "fanatics" at resetera now? Well, I hope you had a good time, pal.

Bye, Felicia.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Is your name supposed to be 'White Power'?

He can't reply to you right now, he is a little banned at the moment. However... yes. Yes it is.

More than likely he is another one of those disenfranchised thirteen year olds that has already been converted to the neo-nazi cause. He is actually a useful demonstration of the kind of shit that is pretty widespread right now...

Vela

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Video games, with their constant centering of white male protagonists in virtual power fantasies with women and minorities existing to pleasure the assumed white player, have served as a breeding ground for and a lighting rod for fascists.

And game developers and publishers don't care, they just keep churning out whites-only military power fantasies and then wonder why their consumer base suddenly are led by a bunch of neo-nazis and fascists

Last edited: