• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Politico has released this article where Republicans are certainly not happy with Trump's Chief of Staff, Mick Mulvaney after his recent press conference where he admitted without consulting any lawyers, that Trump conducted quid pro quo:

Republicans lawmakers felt exasperated by the White House's lack of discipline and coordination. "Mulvaney needs to learn when to stop talking," a leadership aide told POLITICO. Democrats latched onto Mulvaney's statements as further evidence of what they consider White House wrongdoing out in the open.

"He was deeply, deeply unhelpful," said another House GOP aide.

Mulvaney's performance raised questions with Trump allies about whether the White House team was properly prepared to fight impeachment. "There's growing concern — whether it's other advisers, whether the legal team is not coordinating and communicating with the rest of the team well enough," a Republican close to the White House said. "There are questions about who's doing what and who's responsible."

Republican lawmakers were not sold on his about-face.

"It's not an etch a sketch," Republican Rep. Francis Rooney of Florida said about Mulvaney's comments. "It is kind of hard to argue that he didn't say it, right? if I understood it correctly, he basically cleared up what was a matter of some vagueness that he basically said it was a quid pro quo."

"You don't hold up foreign aid that we had previously appropriated for a political initiative. Period," added Republican Sen. Lisa Murkowski.

Nor were lawyers. The White House counsel's office, the Department of Justice and the president's private lawyer Jay Sekulow all quickly distanced themselves publicly and privately from Mulvaney. Sekulow made it publicly clear he was not consulted, saying in a statement, "The President's legal counsel was not involved in acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney's press briefing."

"From a legal standpoint, the entire defense is totally shattered by Mulvaney's admission," said a Republican close to the White House. "It like admitting guilt and then saying, 'It's just not that serious.'"

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
"From a legal standpoint, the entire defense is totally shattered by Mulvaney's admission," said a Republican close to the White House. "It like admitting guilt and then saying, 'It's just not that serious.'"

It's not like that, Republican Guy. It's EXACTLY that.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We're growing concerned that the president's legal team is not disseminating the correct lies to everyone involved in a timely manner."

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
When your star players are making it harder to root for them so the solution is to just tell them to stop talking about the crime. Sounds just like our sports institutions except this actually has devistating effects on a whole nation.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Look this quote from the article, looks like Mulvaney won't care if he's Trump's "fall guy" and that according to a person close to Mulvaney, we have a "stressed president right now":

"He's a stressed president right now and he's going to take it out on people," said a person close to Mulvaney, who suggested that Trump has no reason to be concerned about the former congressman's fealty.

"If Trump said, 'I need you to be the fall guy,' he would probably say, 'fine,'" the person said.

Oct 27, 2017
So he doesn't care that the president is committing crimes, he just doesn't want anyone in the White House sharing that with the public.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who actually cares about the country would prefer if he kept talking. It's not a game and it's not about your team. If people knowing the truth hurt your side then your side is wrong.

Deleted member 5359

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The people who are still in the White House are idiots. Anyone with half a brain left at least a year ago.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Anyone who actually cares about the country would prefer if he kept talking. It's not a game and it's not about your team. If people knowing the truth hurt your side then your side is wrong.
That's where I'm at. Having people like Mulveney and Guliani spill the beans only makes finding the truth and connecting all the dots much simpler than entertaining politics and parsing through partisan nonsense.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's where I'm at. Having people like Mulveney and Guliani spill the beans only makes finding the truth and connecting all the dots much simpler than entertaining politics and parsing through partisan nonsense.

I also agree, better for people on the inside essentially leaking stuff that makes it hopefully very very easy to impeach Trump.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
While I understand from a legal perspective why these people should keep their mouths shut, from my American citizen perspective, everyone should be saying everything they know on this subject. If the truth is damaging, let the victims be those who committed the offense, not the American public or our system of government.

Ponn

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
I'm astonished that not only is the White House repeatedly and nakedly admitting to everything, Republicans in the administration and Congress are openly acknowledging the admissions of guilt and saying the admissions, not the actual crimes themselves, are what's regrettable. There is no basic sense of decency or shame. I wish I wasn't so surprised by it, I know better than to expect anything, but I'm still amazed by how brazen the entire operation is.

Link

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm astonished that not only is the White House repeatedly and nakedly admitting to everything, Republicans in the administration and Congress are openly acknowledging the admissions of guilt and saying the admissions, not the actual crimes themselves, are what's regrettable. There is no basic sense of decency or shame. I wish I wasn't so surprised by it, I know better than to expect anything, but I'm still amazed by how brazen the entire operation is.
And this is why I have absolutely no qualms saying "Fuck all Republicans."

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017

They're just normalizing corruption.

It's been non-stop bullshit corruption from Trump that they're hoping that people just see this as normal now and give up.

Vilix

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
You know, all the republicans starting to speak out doesn't mean anything to me. It's far too late. They should've said, and done something, back when trump belittled Mexican immigrants. Or when he said he liked to go up to women and grab them by their pussy.

Deleted member 2625

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

No, it's like admitting guilt and then saying, Get Over It.

Mulvaney didn't strike me as a dummy, i think he had some ploy in mind to paint this as "only 2016" investigation, which is .. still stupid since Biden is on the Wh-released memo of the call... I dunno. I still feel like there's a revolt going on and a certain faction within Trumpland has decided to let Dear Leader hang himself and step back while it happens

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
The deniability is getting less and less plausible so it's getting harder to look the other way.