• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
yea Lets just lump everything together: Christians = Nazi's

D-did...did you not know Nazis were mostly Christians?:

buckle.jpg

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Trump is the antichrist so it makes it extra hilarious that these religious types are now worried about some cursing.

I mean, he has the mark of the beast (MAGA hat) is falsely worshipped like a god (brainwashed trumpets) pretends like he's religious but doesn't know shit. He's lied over 12k times since taking office (devils tongue). Convince me he's not the antichrist.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That step is "actually advocating violence towards and stripping human rights from minority groups"

Ill give you this. There are some churches not wanting LGBTQ members to marry inside their churches. Even some going far enough to try and influence laws. This is a problem with THOSE CHURCHES. And to be clear, FUCK THOSE CHURCHES. Ill finish my point below.

Not facist, but #1 with fascists.

D-did...did you not know Nazis were mostly Christians?:

If you made a company, Then I decide to grab a shirt and sticker with your companies name on it then commit horrible acts against humanity while wearing said shirt/sticker. Does your company get the blame too?

I wish people were smart enough to understand the separation between an entity/idea and those who decide to act in its name. Generalizations are from a child's mind.

deathkiller

Apr 11, 2018
If you made a company, Then I decide to grab a shirt and sticker with your companies name on it then commit horrible acts against humanity while wearing said shirt/sticker. Does your company get the blame too?

I wish people were smart enough to understand the separation between an entity/idea and those who decide to act in its name. Generalizations are from a child's mind.
The Catholic Church leadership participated in and promoted fascist dictatorships in Spain and Latin America.

Villein

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
so the fact that he said "goddamn" is the straw that broke the camels back with these people?

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Catholic Church leadership participated in and promoted fascist dictatorships in Spain and Latin America.

Few things here. First off, Catholic and Christian while similar are still different. My comments stated "christians". Second, While I'm not catholic, Those Catholics RARELY speak for the ground floor members of that religion and allowed it to be the biggest child rapist organization in the world thus leading me back to my original point. Evil acts committed by that leadership doesn't mean all Catholics do evil and should be looked down upon.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I mean... they've been fine with adultery, sexual assaults, coarse language etc etc.

So basically shut the fuck up evangelicals.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so the fact that he said "goddamn" is the straw that broke the camels back with these people?

I think I get it, though.

It's an insult. Most American evangelical christians bent over backwards giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's a 'Christian" and his favorite book is "The Bible" despite the fact he is neither. They knew he wasn't, but it was a favor to him, really, in return for him pandering to Christian causes like hating gay people for no good reason. Tacit agreement. However, maybe not going to church and not being able to recite a single verse from the bible when asked can be overlooked, straight out blasphemy is like a slap in the face despite it all. Trump betrays everyone who believes in him eventually. So, it's like he's taunting them, almost. But hey, knowingly embracing a charlatan for personal gain is like a cautionary tale of biblical proportions. One day, and one day soon, they'll all disassociate themselves with this guy, and pretend like they didn't like him. But me? I'll never forget. I will never vote for a Republican at a local election, even if it's family, ever again as long as I live and that's a promise. Never voted for one at a state/federal level, tbf.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

Good thing I have started my own company so this doesn't have to be a hypothetical. If someone started using my company's name and logo, I'd sue their pants off. And if I didn't, then I shouldn't complain when they run around being heinous with my brand.

Few things here. First off, Catholic and Christian while similar are still different. My comments stated "christians". Second, While I'm not catholic, Those Catholics RARELY speak for the ground floor members of that religion and allowed it to be the biggest child rapist organization in the world thus leading me back to my original point. Evil acts committed by that leadership doesn't mean all Catholics do evil and should be looked down upon.

Congratulations, you've just committed the "no true Scotsman" fallacy. If someone says they're a Christian, I have no choice but to believe them.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good thing I have started my own company so this doesn't have to be a hypothetical. If someone started using my company's name and logo, I'd sue their pants off. And if I didn't, then I shouldn't complain when they run around being heinous with my brand.

Congratulations, you've just committed the "no true Scotsman" fallacy. If someone says they're a Christian, I have no choice but to believe them.

On the company hypothetical: Perfect. Lets continue. Do you have faith in the general public to absolve you as to not affect your bottom line if a terrorist commits a crime in the name of your business? Because recent examples show me otherwise. I retain hope Im wrong though.

On the no true scotsman fallacy: I love this argument. So commonly invoked when people want to demonize another group. I'm gonna make an assumption that you think this applies because of lack of evidence of what a "True christian/catholic" is. Well guess what, They were made in a book that continues to be altered/mis-translated/mis-interpreted. There is no definition of a true catholic/christian. It doesn't exist. Therefore the logical step is to separate idea and human. You judge people on THEIR OWN actions instead of applying hate/judgement to the idea in which others may subscribe to. This applies to far more than the subject on this thread. Isis and Muslims, Country folk and racism, Minorities and crime, etc. All FALSE equivalencies. All Muslims aren't Isis. All country Folk aren't racist, All minorities aren't criminals.

Do you see my point? It all comes back to generalizations. Its the bedfellow of prejudice.

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Trump is the antichrist so it makes it extra hilarious that these religious types are now worried about some cursing.

I mean, he has the mark of the beast (MAGA hat) is falsely worshipped like a god (brainwashed trumpets) pretends like he's religious but doesn't know shit. He's lied over 12k times since taking office (devils tongue). Convince me he's not the antichrist.

Man that's what I thought too and I'm not even a Christian. The Bible also says he/his squad would lead people astray. The Bible is mostly bullshit, but the one warning that's actually useful is ignored. Kinda amazed, really.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
On the company hypothetical: Perfect. Lets continue. Do you have faith in the general public to absolve you as to not affect your bottom line if a terrorist commits a crime in the name of your business? Because recent examples show me otherwise. I retain hope Im wrong though.

On the no true scotsman fallacy: I love this argument. So commonly invoked when people want to demonize another group. I'm gonna make an assumption that you think this applies because of lack of evidence of what a "True christian/catholic" is. Well guess what, They were made in a book that continues to be altered/mis-translated/mis-interpreted. There is no definition of a true catholic/christian. It doesn't exist. Therefore the logical step is to separate idea and human. You judge people on THEIR OWN actions instead of applying hate/judgement to the idea in which others may subscribe to. This applies to far more than the subject on this thread. Isis and Muslims, Country folk and racism, Minorities and crime, etc. All FALSE equivalencies. All Muslims aren't Isis. All country Folk aren't racist, All minorities aren't criminals.

Do you see my point? It all comes back to generalizations. Its the bedfellow of prejudice.

Lol except Catholics would say the same of Protestants, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, ect. They're all Christian.

If some Nazis say they are Christian, then I have to believe them

If some ISIS members say they are Muslim or follow Islam, I have to believe them.

No wriggling is gonna get you out of this one. Catholics are a subset of Christians, and radical Muslims are a subset of Islam. And Nazi Christians were, guess what? Christian.

Definitionally

Capra

Oct 25, 2017

Maybe the most Christian thing to do here would be to walk away from this internet argument with humility, instead of crying about people demonizing members of the religion that hit it big through literally demonizing "pagan" religions and scapegoating minority groups.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Just all around horrible people. How can you even call yourself christian and vote these shitstains when everything Trump and the Republicans do goes completely against the teachings of Christ?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
We're deeply offended by what Trump said!
You mean the part where he openly bragged about killing Middle Easterners?
No, we're totally on board with that, we just don't like the profanity.

Goddamn hypocrites.

Bass2448

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol except Catholics would say the same of Protestants, Pentecostals, Presbyterians, ect. They're all Christian.

If some Nazis say they are Christian, then I have to believe them

If some ISIS members say they are Muslim or follow Islam, I have to believe them.

No wriggling is gonna get you out of this one. Catholics are a subset of Christians, and radical Muslims are a subset of Islam. And Nazi Christians were, guess what? Christian.

Definitionally

Maybe the most Christian thing to do here would be to walk away from this internet argument with humility, instead of crying about people demonizing members of the religion that hit it big through literally demonizing "pagan" religions and scapegoating minority groups.

Again, More generalizations. Is it so hard to believe that there are religious people out there who literally have NOTHING to do with racism, Neo nazi's, or the homophobic crap that gets spilled out of the church? People who condemn such hate from their so called "religious leaders".

Oh but "guilty by association" right? I sure hope you don't know any closet deplorables. Because if you do, With your logic, You are now racist/Homophobic/etc.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They 'Chafe' at "God Damn", but they don't Chafe at Trump bring the Living Avatar of the 7 Deadly Sins uh?

I mean...

Greed
Lust
Wrath
Glutony
Sloth
Envy
Pride

If the movie Se7en had been done with Trump in mind, it would have been a major failure... Just one seemingly random kill, cover all bases.

Shows you how much being (in appearance) anti-abortion and pro-Israel will buy you in good will among conservative Christians I guess.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
lol @ these dudes acting like they have some kind of meaningful moral compass. Come on, we all know we're past all that.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018

I know you are joking, but for funsies: Trump claims to be a Christian. The Bible says the antichrist explicitly wouldn't do this. The antichrist will "deny the Father and the Son" for example.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Again, More generalizations. Is it so hard to believe that there are religious people out there who literally have NOTHING to do with racism, Neo nazi's, or the homophobic crap that gets spilled out of the church? People who condemn such hate from their so called "religious leaders".

Oh but "guilty by association" right? I sure hope you don't know any closet deplorables. Because if you do, With your logic, You are now racist/Homophobic/etc.

Now who's incapable of nuance? No one said all Christians are Nazis. If it bothers you that these people are Christians, then spend your time trying to push them out of your churches and faith and decrying them. Not trying to convince me that you're the only "true" type of Christian. Most Christians when asked will tell you that they think that they have the correct interpretation of their faith, and the others are wrong. I'm left with no choice but to believe you all. Go out there and reclaim the term if it bothers you that Christians are using it "wrong"

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Not the gutting of healthcare, damage to the environment, cozying up with dictators, openly lying every time he speaks, confronting the media for calling him out, hiring corrupted individuals and yes men, detaining children, and stoking the flames of white nationalist rhetoric, to name just a few.

They're upset because he used """foul""" language, and it's not even the profanity he uses.

These people are hicks of the highest order.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I know you are joking, but for funsies: Trump claims to be a Christian. The Bible says the antichrist explicitly wouldn't do this. The antichrist will "deny the Father and the Son" for example.

He may claim to be Christian, but his actions say otherwise.

And I mean, cmon, he's not gonna actually come out and say "I'm the antichrist". At least not yet lol

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Spoiler: Christians don't actually care about what religion, they just use it as an excuse to do be upset and judge.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like most religious folk. All worried about someone offending a being thats about as real as the damn tooth fairy but not too concerned about the plight of their fellow man.

subrock

Oct 27, 2017
Earth
He'll just tell everyone that his favorite book is the bible again and everything will be hunky dory in time for Nov 2020

4Tran

Nov 4, 2017
Nothing will come of this. There was Evangelical hand-wringing during the 2016 election and they were still Trump's biggest voting bloc. The same thing will happen in 2020. Trump could burn a bible on live TV and the Evangelicals will still come out for him in droves because they are one of the most hypocritical groups in the US.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
He may claim to be Christian, but his actions say otherwise.

And I mean, cmon, he's not gonna actually come out and say "I'm the antichrist". At least not yet lol
Of course. But the relevant part is that he does make that claim, which the antichrist is explicitly not supposed to do according to the Bible.