• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6223

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is another familiar name in there, Tad Devine.
Special counsel Robert Mueller released an itemized list Wednesday night detailing well over 500 pieces of evidence that his prosecutors are considering presenting during their upcoming criminal trial of former Donald Trump campaign Chairman Paul Manafort.

To make its case that Manafort committed bank and tax fraud, the lead Russia investigator signaled his intention to share with a Northern Virginia jury photographs of a putting green at the longtime GOP operative's Long Island home, New York Yankees season-ticket licensing agreements and reams of material related to Manafort's lobbying work on behalf of the pro-Kremlin Ukrainian government.

Manafort has pleaded not guilty to Mueller's charges that he dramatically understated his income on federal tax returns from 2010 through 2014. He's also fighting allegations of bank fraud totaling more than $20 million tied to loans he applied for in connection with various homes he owns.

As the July 25 trial start date approaches, Mueller's prosecutors' list of exhibits also includes photographs of all the Manafort properties at the center of his alleged crimes, including in Arlington, Virginia, and in New York City, Brooklyn and Bridgehampton, New York. The special counsel's prosecutors also have photographs and documents detailing Manafort's purchase of high-end clothing, oriental rugs and both a Mercedes-Benz and Land Rover.
Mueller's case against Manafort does not deal directly with the core of his investigation into alleged Russian interference in the 2016 presidential campaign. But the special counsel has jurisdiction to pursue crimes that he finds in the course of his probe, and that has included Manafort's extensive lobbying work on behalf of former Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych.

Among the documents Mueller's prosecutors say they may use at the trial: a series of memos Manafort wrote for Yanukovych, as well as emails Manafort exchanged with one of his partners, longtime Democratic consultant Tad Devine, during the 2010 Ukrainian presidential election.

Mueller also plans to present during the trial more than a dozen documents involving Rick Gates, the former Trump campaign deputy who was originally charged in the Manafort indictment but who went on to plead guilty in exchange for his cooperation against his longtime business partner. Items listed involving Gates include emails with Manafort and Devine about their Ukrainian lobbying efforts, copies of his 2009, 2011 and 2013 U.S. passport, and a January 2016 email from Manafort marked "re VIP TIME SENSITIVE."

Potential jurors for the Manafort trial are expected to arrive at the Alexandria courthouse next Tuesday, with jury selection set to begin Wednesday. However, the start date of the trial remains uncertain because a defense motion to delay the trial by several months remains unresolved.
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/18/mueller-manafort-evidence-trial-732344
Direct link to the itemized list as well:
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000164-b049-d929-a5e4-b2f9d8e80000
Update: Okay, so like, I don't think Bernie is a Russian asset or whatever. Nor do I think that kind of speculation is well, productive. For the record, I like him a lot! I just think that Devine being named in these documents is notable.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

kdzw08x.jpg

Whats he been up to?

ramoisdead

Oct 25, 2017
Not too familiar with Tad Devine. So does this mean Bernie was involved as well or was Tad thrown in as a plant to sabotage his campaign? Man, TV writers can't come up with this shit on their best day.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Could someone give me a rundown of Tad Devine? I feel like I missed something

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
By the time this is all done, I wouldn't be surprised if every politician involved in the 2016 election except for Hillary was on the Russian take in some way.
I'm already of the opinion that our democracy needs a complete overhaul just from Trump being elected in the first place. But in that situation like that I'd hope no one would deny that something is fundamentally broken about our country.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Not too familiar with Tad Devine. So does this mean Bernie was involved as well or was Tad thrown in as a plant to sabotage his campaign? Man, TV writers can't come up with this shit on their best day.

Potentially, this could mean that Bernie's campaign was compromised by the Russians from the very beginning. It could even have a hand in how much play he got and how his supporters refused to let go of him even after he told them himself to support Hillary. If there were Russians engaged in the process trying to keep as many Bernie fans from switching to supporting HRC, that alone could've potentially tanked the election for her.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Oh shit.

That's pretty big if this pans out. I doubt Bernie himself would tolerate the influence of an oligarch in his campaign but regardless if you liked his policies or not, or if you moved onto Clinton after supporting Sanders like most people did, it's not good.

Here's hoping Mueller digs deeper to root out every single piece of influence Russia had in the 2016 election.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tad Devine? We have evidence already that Putin interfered with the Democratic Primary to help Bernie and hurt Hillary. JFC, how deep does this rabbit hole go?

Boiled Goose

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
For context, Tad Devine has been consulting for DNC candidates for decades, including Gore and Kerry.

So, it will be curious what his involvement in this whole mess is.

blinky

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This new development with the Sanders campaign is quite a plot twist. The writers are doing a great job of keeping us on our toes this season.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Potentially, this could mean that Bernie's campaign was compromised by the Russians from the very beginning. It could even have a hand in how much play he got and how his supporters refused to let go of him even after he told them himself to support Hillary. If there were Russians engaged in the process trying to keep as many Bernie fans from switching to supporting HRC, that alone could've potentially tanked the election for her.
holy shit

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
I mean its not surprising that Sanders was wrapped into this. Russia was playing both sides of the populist isle to fuck shit up

They succeeded in unbelievable fashion

Do we count this as a blind spot for Bernie or do we think he might be complicit as well? I would peg Bernie being taken advantage of as equally likely

GaimeGuy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't mean anything about Bernie. It does mean that there are signs that the Russians may have infiltrated or otherwise coopted his campaign to divide America and instill Trump. :(

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
It might explain the smear campaign by Bernie despite the fact he effectively lost several months before he officially declared it. I am probably jumping to conclusion since we don't know anything yet, but if it turns out that this is true, the hole just got much deeper.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean its not surprising that Sanders was wrapped into this. Russia was playing both sides of the populist isle to fuck shit up

They succeeded in unbelievable fashion

Do we count this as a blind spot for Bernie or do we think he might be complicit as well? I would peg Bernie being taken advantage of as equally likely

I don't think Bernie would be able to live with himself if he was complicit in this. If his campaign was a Russian feint to destabilize Hillary, he wasn't aware of it.

Oct 25, 2017

Seems way too early to directly implicate Bernie, but nothing's off the table. It's very clear Russia was very interested in enacting a deep misinformation campaign.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to be honest, I've been waiting for the shoes to drop on Sanders for a long while and have been very surprised he hasn't been swept up in Manafort/Stein/Trump/Russia nonsense already. Everything about Bernie, his views, and his campaign seemed like the perfect target for the Russians; if not Sanders himself, then certainly his staff.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
This is insane. Say Bernie won the primary. Devine could have sabotaged his entire general election campaign.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly if you think about the median voter theorem then using Russian influence to bolster the Democratic challenger would be much more effective to harm Hillary than bolstering the Republican opponent.

But Putin was like,

both.jpg

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit.

That's pretty big if this pans out. I doubt Bernie himself would tolerate the influence of an oligarch in his campaign but regardless if you liked his policies or not, or if you moved onto Clinton after supporting Sanders like most people did, it's not good.

Here's hoping Mueller digs deeper to root out every single piece of influence Russia had in the 2016 election.
There are countless people I know who didn't vote after Bernie lost the primary. Countless.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie Sanders has tad Devine and had the endorsement of xenophobe and racist Tulsi Gabbard. Glenn Greenwald who is as pro Putin as they come supported Bernie Sanders campaign and recently supported the progressive Cortez who upended a power pro Hillary democrat from power

It's all connected

Maybe these "progressive" democrats are not really progressive