• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
she was? I mean if you say so, that wasn't the case in my eyes or anybody I've seen online but I suppose this could just be a case of different circles?

Yes, she is and was. In fact it's easy to see considering her history on capital hill and what she has been fighting for over the years. As well as accomplishments, especially CFPB under Dodd-Frank

But I'm sure someone will being up she was a Republica-

How can someone who was a republican ever have been considered as far left as Bernie?

I'm sure you're going to pull out your facts though and share

Oh there we go right on time

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Now, it no longer matters because the damage is done.

Supporters from Camp A are furious at Supporters form Camp B and vice versa
You're right but I also feel like most people looking to roast a candidate and/or their followers were going to do so regardless. Not that there aren't moments where the candidates deserve it (scrutiny is always a must in an election). But sometimes it's a nothing story from start to finish, and no amount of heat provided by the supporters is going to make it matter in the real world.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
The Sanders camp had said those weren't signed off on and/ or were "unapproved."

The new information in the article is that those talking points were in fact issued.

So I guess it's possible that the camp isn't lying but also doesn't have any control over the talking points that it's putting out. Either scenario is very problematic and even moreso in light of how the Sanders/ Warren feud has shaken out.
Trusting others to handle the script without Bernie's personal stamp of approval isn't a problem and probably the same with every campaign. And I don't believe a mistake as small as this is great proof that his faith was wildly off base. You can judge how big of mistake that was for yourself, but I bet most people don't really see it as that big of a deal.

And I think you and politico both know this interpretation isn't that bad, which is why you deliberately framed this to be about a lie that you yourself say isn't proven to have happened.

TyraZaurus

Nov 6, 2017
The ridiculous part is the subsection of the Warren crew saying "Bernie people can't take criticism" when he's accused of blatant sexism, meanwhile they are freaking out over something as benign as..."she doesn't expand the base and her supporters are wealthier"

The projection and lack of self awareness is just astonishing.

I'm not mad about that. I'm mad that the asshole lied about something dumb like this.

Velg

Jan 6, 2018
Yes, she is and was. In fact it's easy to see considering her history on capital hill and what she has been fighting for over the years. As well as accomplishments, especially CFPB under Dodd-Frank

I have nothing against Warren. However, She does seem to have adopted similar positions to Bernie only recently hence my question. Consistency matters.

Anyway, not to get off track. As you were

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trusting others to handle the script without Bernie's personal stamp of approval isn't a problem and probably the same with every campaign. And I don't believe a mistake as small as this is great proof that his faith was wildly off base. You can judge how big of mistake that was for yourself, but I bet most people don't really see it as that big of a deal.

And I think you and politico both know this, which is why you deliberately framed this to be about a lie that you yourself say isn't proven to have happened.
Let's avoid speaking for others with regard to their motivations :)

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019

I mean this is a pretty weird case of you assuming your opinion as fact despite this clearly being the difference of opinion between the libs and the left. Nobody I know on the left has ever considered Warren as left as Bernie, while I have seen libs try to claim she's lefter than she actually is, though I've never seen them claim her to be as left as Bernie till now.

And I'd like to think even Warren understand why people will always be a little pissed about her being a Republican during the aids crisis

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Also if warren doesnt have a script like that then shes not serious about winning

Let's just get all the scripts from every candidate and judge for ourselves, shall we? Curious how nobody in the media or Bernie's supporters are queuing up Warren's script.

Tulsi is a paeloconservative

Weird how she's got a close relationship with Bernie's staff and his wife, isn't it? Maybe he's not as progressive as we think.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have nothing against Warren. However, She does seem to have adopted similar positions to Bernie only recently hence my question. Consistency matters.

Anyway, not to get off track. As you were

Her focus has been on consumer protection since she took office. If you look at her policy when she has been Senator it's clear as day she is one of the most liberal/progressive people in the Senate/Congress and is basically 1:1 with Sanders.

Except this one strange thing is they aren't the same person so they have different views on policy choices to achieve progressive goals. But people have been so insane where "Sanders way is the only way", especially in regard to M4A, that if it's not his path, it's not "left leaning" enough. Even if other paths are cheaper and get us to the same goal.

Oct 27, 2017
Let's just get all the scripts from every candidate and judge for ourselves, shall we? Curious how nobody in the media or Bernie's supporters are queuing up Warren's script.

Weird how she's got a close relationship with Bernie's staff and his wife, isn't it? Maybe he's not as progressive as we think.
Seems like you've already given up patiently waiting for Warren's script.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This shit is even dumber than Cenkgate. But I'm still looking forward to that juicy debate tonight!
Wut? Cenk Is basically the Tulsi Gabbard of genocide denial with a soupcon of wrecking ball carpetbaggger and lashing of free mysoginy . That was an unforced error of high magnitude. It was absolutely absurd.

Edit. Nina is on msnbc gaslighting, goalpost moving and yelling about the "real war on women." Bernie just keep her off this topic man. She's baggage at this point. She has an opportunity to explain it's a nothingburger but decided to go on offense against sudden new enemies.

Deleted member 60096

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
Her focus has been on consumer protection since she took office. If you look at her policy when she has been Senator it's clear as day she is one of the most liberal/progressive people in the Senate/Congress and is basically 1:1 with Sanders.

Except this one strange thing is they aren't the same person so they have different views on policy choices to achieve progressive goals. But people have been so insane where "Sanders way is the only way", especially in regard to M4A, that if it's not his path, it's not "left leaning" enough. Even if other paths are cheaper and get us to the same goal.
I mean its not left leaning enough compared to him, because people on the left are hoping to push the overton window in America as far left as we can get it. cause was pretty far to the right for a very long time

Velg

Jan 6, 2018

Thank you for the reply. Her voting record would seem to back up what you're saying. In fact they have voted the same on 540 bills in the senate. Interesting

Oct 25, 2017
This whole drama is about nothing. Warren & Sanders need to dismiss these non-stories and attack Biden or they're both done.
Thank You. The primary season really is insufferable and fanatic political fan bases are the absolute worst. I really wish we could make a rule for political threads here and just leave the two bit twitter arguments sniping each other where they belong.

loquaciousJenny

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not mad about that. I'm mad that the asshole lied about something dumb like this.
Lying about things until he absolutely can't is Bernie's MO, it's what he did in 2016 when his people went through Hillary's voter data, it's what he did when he hired Sirota and didn't say anything until people started asking questions. He did it again now.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
if you think this wouldn't be spun in exactly the same way the existing script was then you're a rube
I mean... okay, then call me a rube. Let's not get angry at each other over hypothetical failures in the media, yeah?
Also if warren doesnt have a script like that then shes not serious about winning
I feel like the Bernie-Warren détente was in no small part an agreement that some things were kind of more important than winning. If Bernie had managed to blow up Warren's support earlier, who knows, maybe he could've pulled into a clear first place by now. But he... didn't, because the solidarity matters. This didn't have to threaten that solidarity - Sanders himself said it shouldn't have been done, but it didn't need to be the clusterfuck it's turning into. But nobody could stop themselves from coming out swinging, so here we are.
Let's avoid speaking for others with regard to their motivations :)
Hear, hear.
I mean this is a pretty weird case of you assuming your opinion as fact despite this clearly being the difference of opinion between the libs and the left. Nobody I know on the left has ever considered Warren as left as Bernie, while I have seen libs try to claim she's lefter than she actually is, though I've never seen them claim her to be as left as Bernie till now.

And I'd like to think even Warren understand why people will always be a little pissed about her being a Republican during the aids crisis
So, I think that the perception gap is largely due to public awareness. When the CFPB was getting put together and Warren was entering the public consciousness, Bernie... might have been a big deal with the left, but he wasn't really a national figure in nearly the same way he was after he got into 2016. So I can totally see people looking at him and Warren as basically the same, and for what it's worth, both of them have mostly talked about each other as being largely similar on most policy issue. I would say that both sides' supporters overstate their differences, frankly. It's mostly because of the over-long primary process, people (staffers included) trip over themselves trying to make their guy different.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

How about this. She's actually my Senator in the state I live in, someone I've followed for years since I was able to first vote, which was in her first election in the Senate back in 2012. I've followed her achievements, votes, and views for years (obviously more so in the recent years given her re-election in 2018 and the 2020 race), and I've read up on her achievements with CFPB which is one of the most important consumer protection organizations and concepts that has been developed and was basically her brain child.

While I am a Warren fan, and I have reservations about her political instincts, the idea that I'm somehow not as aware of how "liberal" she is or "left leaning" because people who don't even live in the state she represents listen to other people who spew right wing bullshit because their "man" is the "only way" and by default is the "only solution" to everything is fucking beyond annoying.

It's why I don't particularly care for what a lot of "leftists" say when they call Warren a "republican" when she's literally one of the most left leaning representatives in government, representing one of the most left leaning states in the country. The entire concept of being a "progressive" is changing over time. Who she was is clearly not what she believes now considering her crowning achievement is one of the most important consumer protection agencies that oversees the financial sector, said agency the GOP fucking hates and Trump has been attempting to dismantle since he took office.

The fact is, "the left" really did like Warren for years. And while my exposure to leftist wasn't really a thing back before 2015, I never did hear much in terms of leftists shitting on Warren. It's only post "no endorsement" that this started, and only now that Sanders and Warren are opponents that the "well actually she's not really that left leaning and she's just status quo" shit people starting parroting like it's a pamphlet read.

I'm sure there are people here who are from MA who disagree with my readings. I'm fine with that, but I'm really tired of being lectured that Sanders is some sacred King when the reality is he's a 30 year career politician who's current rise to fame in 2020 has been promoting 100 trillion in spending with nobody giving him one bit of kickback for the simple fact there is no fucking reality in the multiverse where his agenda will see such a budget.

Last edited:

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Perhaps, just perhaps, at some point it'd be good for people to be self aware about the constant bad hirings and stuff like this to perhaps admit that there is a reason it keeps happening and that perhaps it isn't inspite of the person at the very top.

This script is weak sauce. Lying about it is not the behavior I want to see. That's the problem.

Why should I believe his version of events on the 2018 meeting given it just turned out he was lying about this?

Credibility matters. Being *less* of a liar than Trump isn't going to be good enough.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3896

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, do you think it's more likely to be a mistake from a lower level employee without higher approval or something approved at the highest levels and then deliberately lied about?

And do you think it'd be worse if it's a lie or if it's a mistake?
I think the campaign continues to make ridiculous unforced errors and it's impossible to know how much is incompetence, dishonesty, disorganization or what.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
You'll definitely see a negative reaction in the party if Bernie puts Tulsi in a high profile position.

imagine what would happen if bernie appointed tulsi to a job she clearly isn't qualified or senior enough for in an effort to boost her profile, like making her the vice chair of the Democratic National Committee

BrutalInsane

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I've always wondered who's running the ship in the Bernie campaign. The Honorable Nina Turner? Sirota? Bernie seems like he's the last one who knows what's going on.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
imagine what would happen if bernie appointed tulsi to a job she clearly isn't qualified or senior enough for in an effort to boost her profile, like making her the vice chair of the Democratic National Committee

Yup. We've got proof he's ok with doing that with Nina Turner, as well. He wants her to be his chief of staff, I'm getting flashbacks of Rahm Emanuel.

I've always wondered who's running the ship in the Bernie campaign. The Honorable Nina Turner? Sirota? Bernie seems like he's the last one who knows what's going on.

I thought that originally, too, the mask came off in '16 when it was discovered no he had complete control.

GuessMyUserName

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Such a frustrating week as someone that would happily support both candidates and desperately hopes for a non-Pete/Biden victory.

Ugh, Bernie and Warren have had enough on their plate working together to push progressive policy against the moderate flank of the debate stages. Please dear god I hope they both just come together again and squash these terribly stupid fights.

Jun 20, 2019
Perhaps, just perhaps, at some point it'd be good for people to be self aware about the constant bad hirings and stuff like this to perhaps admit that there is a reason it keeps happening and that perhaps it isn't inspite of the person at the very top.

This script is weak sauce. Lying about it is not the behavior I want to see. That's the problem.

Why should I believe his version of events on the 2018 meeting given it just turned out he was lying about this?

Credibility matters. Being *less* of a liar than Trump isn't going to be good enough.
What's he lied about?

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
If Warren and her supporters can't handle a fairly benign citation of her actual demographics, and consider this an attack, then I really fear how she'd/they'd handle a race against Trump.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I think the campaign continues to make ridiculous unforced errors and it's impossible to know how much is incompetence, dishonesty, disorganization or what.
How ridiculous is that attack in the script? How ridiculous is not getting top level approval of every canvassing script?

I'm really not seeing the huge problem. I don't expect every campaign to be perfect.

WhoTurgled

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why is everyone so deadset on making politics so boring? Like this is the shit we are gonna be talking about forever and it doesnt even fucking matter

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I think (and this is sort of my biggest issue with Bernie) that he's just not much of a manager. He prizes loyalty way too highly, and doesn't really seem that invested in dealing with his staffs' excesses - particularly when they're on offense. You can see this with the surrogates too, to an extent. Elevated Tulsi and came to her defense waaaaay after it became clear she was bad news. Supported Cenk over the advice of his people in Cali. It's been a theme.

Truth be told, I like his policies, for the most part. Foreign policy especially, with perhaps one or two reservations. But I still have issues with him outside of that.
How ridiculous is that attack? How ridiculous is not getting top level approval of every canvassing script?
Part of the job is hiring people who you can delegate stuff like that to safely, I guess.

Again, this is a small thing. I don't even think it's a failure of the campaign so much as a failure of the supporters. Everybody was just looking for a reason to tear into each other, and this gave 'em an excuse.