• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

The African Americans for Trump coalition will reach out to black voters with a campaign message focused on policy outcomes rather than the president's rhetoric.
---------------
President Donald Trump is looking to woo black voters — if he can make them forget about his tweets.
The Trump 2020 campaign has been quietly reaching out to prominent African Americans about joining its latest coalition, intended to boost Republican support in the black community. The effort comes just as the president capped off a month filled with racially divisive language and Twitter taunts aimed at House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings and four freshman congresswomen of color.
Critics may find the timing of the outreach outrageous. But the campaign hopes that if it can shave off just a few points off Democrats' overwhelming support among blacks, it can boost voter turnout in eight or so key states such as Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania — each of which Trump won by less than one percentage point.
The campaign's pitch to African Americans is simple: Ignore the president's words and instead focus on his policies, like the state of the economy and the low unemployment rate, the passage of criminal justice reform or the creation of Opportunity Zones, which are meant to bolster investment in underserved or poorer cities.
When Trump took office in January 2017, the unemployment rate among blacks was 7.7 percent. Friday's jobs report pegged it at 6 percent for July.
"Do I think some of his verbal formulations are in artful? Yeah," said Ken Blackwell, the former mayor of Cincinnati, former Ohio Secretary of State and a top Trump transition official. "But for me, as a domestic policy adviser during the Trump transition, it has been all about the agenda, a set of results and tomorrow. You have to believe his policy agenda flies in the face of the false narrative of the racist-in-charge."
But for others, the Trump rhetoric cannot be divorced from his record, and critics argue he must take responsibility for that as president. A recent Quinnipiac University National Poll, released on July 30, showed that 80 percent of African American voters surveyed considered Trump racist.
---------------
"The idea is that, because of his agenda, his comments on Charlottesville, Baltimore or shithole countries do not matter," said Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee and the first African American to serve in that role. "Or that you can say the most racist things in the world, but hey, I got a tax cut. Or you can disparage my homeland, but the unemployment rate is going down."
"I certainly think we should expect more from our political leaders," Steele said. "I would think they would expect more from us."
Trump has regularly defended himself by saying "I am the least racist person there is anywhere in the world." He told reporters recently that scores of African Americans have been calling the White House to thank him for his work. "What I've done for African Americans, no president, I would say, has done," Trump said this week from the White House lawn, as he left Washington for an event in Jamestown, Va., that all of the state's black lawmakers boycotted.
Republicans have struggled for decades to make inroads with African American voters. Trump earned just 8 percent of the black vote in 2016, while Democrat Hillary Clinton won 89 percent. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney performed even worse in 2012, earning just 6 percent of the African American vote against President Barack Obama.
President George W. Bush did the best in recent years. He earned 11 percent of the African American vote in 2004, up from 8 percent in 2000, by appealing to conservative, religious voters.
---------------
Back in 2016, then-candidate Trump predicted that if he won a first term and then ran for re-election, he would earn 95 percent the African American vote in 2020.

More in the link.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Republicans have struggled for decades to make inroads with African American voters. Trump earned just 8 percent of the black vote in 2016, while Democrat Hillary Clinton won 89 percent. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney performed even worse in 2012, earning just 6 percent of the African American vote against President Barack Obama.
Maybe if they didn't engage in perpetuating racist socioeconomic ideals and policies as well as stopped being racist pieces of shits, maybe they could get the black vote.

Merc_

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Lmao, it isn't going to work and they have to know that.

Seems like this is more about making the racist whites who support him feel less like they are racist by doing so.

Dodongo

Oct 25, 2017
Trump's stupid ass thinks he can get the black vote by pretending to care about A$AP.

As if people are going to forget he's straight-up racist.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't he supposed to do this at the height of the whole Kanye/PropaCandice Owens nonsense?

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
To be straight this is a waste of everyone's time and is going to amount to jack shit. Anyone on Trump's side who thinks this is a worthwhile endeavour cannot read the room what-so-ever and is a fucking fool. The fact his campaign is even considering this just shows how out of touch and fucking stupid they are. They'd be better off dead focusing on the dead pets in the Springfield pet cemetery.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh fuck off Trump, no sane and reasonable person would want to vote for your racist and bigoted ass/party.

Aug 1, 2018
The African Americans for Trump coalition will reach out ...

Already a losing strategy.

My crystal ball tells me that as soon as a black person identifies themself as a supporter of Trump, most black Americans will immediately (and correctly) conclude the person is full of shit and disregard anything they have to say from that point on.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
source.gif

Son Lamar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Alabama

The African Americans for Trump coalition will reach out to black voters with a campaign message focused on policy outcomes rather than the president's rhetoric.
---------------
President Donald Trump is looking to woo black voters — if he can make them forget about his tweets.
The Trump 2020 campaign has been quietly reaching out to prominent African Americans about joining its latest coalition, intended to boost Republican support in the black community. The effort comes just as the president capped off a month filled with racially divisive language and Twitter taunts aimed at House Oversight Chairman Elijah Cummings and four freshman congresswomen of color.
Critics may find the timing of the outreach outrageous. But the campaign hopes that if it can shave off just a few points off Democrats' overwhelming support among blacks, it can boost voter turnout in eight or so key states such as Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania — each of which Trump won by less than one percentage point.
The campaign's pitch to African Americans is simple: Ignore the president's words and instead focus on his policies, like the state of the economy and the low unemployment rate, the passage of criminal justice reform or the creation of Opportunity Zones, which are meant to bolster investment in underserved or poorer cities.
When Trump took office in January 2017, the unemployment rate among blacks was 7.7 percent. Friday's jobs report pegged it at 6 percent for July.
"Do I think some of his verbal formulations are in artful? Yeah," said Ken Blackwell, the former mayor of Cincinnati, former Ohio Secretary of State and a top Trump transition official. "But for me, as a domestic policy adviser during the Trump transition, it has been all about the agenda, a set of results and tomorrow. You have to believe his policy agenda flies in the face of the false narrative of the racist-in-charge."
But for others, the Trump rhetoric cannot be divorced from his record, and critics argue he must take responsibility for that as president. A recent Quinnipiac University National Poll, released on July 30, showed that 80 percent of African American voters surveyed considered Trump racist.
---------------
"The idea is that, because of his agenda, his comments on Charlottesville, Baltimore or shithole countries do not matter," said Michael Steele, former chairman of the Republican National Committee and the first African American to serve in that role. "Or that you can say the most racist things in the world, but hey, I got a tax cut. Or you can disparage my homeland, but the unemployment rate is going down."
"I certainly think we should expect more from our political leaders," Steele said. "I would think they would expect more from us."
Trump has regularly defended himself by saying "I am the least racist person there is anywhere in the world." He told reporters recently that scores of African Americans have been calling the White House to thank him for his work. "What I've done for African Americans, no president, I would say, has done," Trump said this week from the White House lawn, as he left Washington for an event in Jamestown, Va., that all of the state's black lawmakers boycotted.
President George W. Bush did the best in recent years. He earned 11 percent of the African American vote in 2004, up from 8 percent in 2000, by appealing to conservative, religious voters.
---------------
Back in 2016, then-candidate Trump predicted that if he won a first term and then ran for re-election, he would earn 95 percent the African American vote in 2020.

More in the link.

I mean he freed asap
And he's friends with Ye
It's a shame the two he chose to get the black vote already been wrote off lol

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yeah this ain't about getting black voters. It's about making white voters feel better about their own vote.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
It's certainly not racist to expect African American voters to be so stupid as to not see right through this utterly-transparent BS clear through to the other side and beyond.

What an inartful pipe-dream formulation they have there.

Deleted member 11626

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump narrowly won those swing states because of rampant voter disenfranchisement. What's his pitch going to be when his party is constantly trying to suppress the black vote?

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man, right after his barrage of racial diarrhea he tweeted in the past two weeks? After he smugly gloats about Cumming's house being robbed? Who this man think he trying to fool?

Jun 1, 2019
Trump probably expects a few token gestures and a Kanye endorsement will be enough to get a few extra black votes, but nah, we're not dumb.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this ain't about getting black voters. It's about making white voters feel better about their own vote.

Even this feels like a pointless endeavour as Trump is going to turn the rhetoric up to 11 going into the 2020 election so his own words and actions will only make his voting base that more vehemently racist and vitriolic.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Trump narrowly won those swing states because of rampant voter disenfranchisement. What's his pitch going to be when his party is constantly trying to suppress the black vote?
While I know for a fact black Trump supporters exist in what would be called Democrat districts I would assume that most black Republicans reside in Republican districts.

All that shit Trump did so far wouldn't alienate such people except those who practice being open minded.

What really will kill Trump's chances with the black people who did vote for him is the increasing number of American's who are getting deported. That stuff is going to make them feel threatened and less likely to vote for him.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"You have to believe"

Literally a cult

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man, right after his barrage of racial diarrhea he tweeted in the past two weeks? After he smugly gloats about Cumming's house being robbed? Who this man think he trying to fool?
Trump thinks that afro-americans are dumb. So no shame about doing this for him.

ironichaos

Oct 31, 2017
His strategy will be telling everyone, "Don't forget to set a reminder on your calendar to vote for me on November 4, 2020."

As always, voter suppression will be their primary tactic.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean....that's what he's been doing for years. He constantly takes any race issue and turns it back to "look at the low black unemployment!"

It's....pretty dumb.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Black people have been telling everyone how horrible this man is before he was even elected. This is going to be an exercise in futility for Trump.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Fuck him and his Nazi party. This is about saving the fuckin world...dont think we forgot how he ruined the EPA, NASA, and tried to erase all of obamas accomplishments. You racist self-serving fucker.