• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will you ever buy a game from THQ-Nordic in the future?

• No, i won't ever buy a game from them in the future!

• Yes, i'll buy a game from them in the future.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Just like how Evilore doesn't represent Era, the site owners don't reflect the community I have seen existing there.
EvilLore has absolutely nothing to do with ResetEra. And GAF was absolutely shaped by his influence.

There may well be progressive people on that site, but they're congregated around the work of two assholes. There may even be some good people still working there, as there certainly were in the past. I used to do events benefiting Child's Play (the Penny Arcade charity), and the women who ran the organization at that time (I think their names were Kristin and Jamie?) were just the nicest and most helpful human beings anyone could ever ask for. They even retweeted our events on the official account when we were literally just a pair of high school kids running a livestream out of my basement. The difference between them and their shitty bosses was enough to give you whiplash. A quick Google, however, suggests that they have both since moved on.

I actually supported Destructoid for a long time for a similar reason – i.e., because there were many people who worked there (like the excellent reviewer Chris Carter) that seemed like genuinely good guys. But I unfollowed them and deleted my account to start off my 2019. I can't support them anymore, because even browsing the site with an Adblocker felt like tacitly supporting that scumbag owner Niero the more and more I thought about it. And I can't support the Penny Arcade forum because, in my mind, doing so supports those scumbags Mike & Jerry.

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
Sure, they don't really make all that many titles I'm super interested but if they make something I'm interested in I'd probably purchase it. I'm not going to boycott a whole company due to one asshat being an asshat. Aside from that dude needing to be fired asap I'm not really sure why this is such a fuss. Someone mentioned some higher up took part in the interview, but that doesn't by any stretch of the imagination mean that this individual had knowledge of the site's reputation, especially considering how obscure it is.

To pressure a company this hard based on what, at least at first glance, appears to be largely the mistakes of a single grunt seems excessively reactionary.

Hecht

Blue light comes around
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
This thread has devolved into users ripping into each other and discussing other forums. We will be rebooting it shortly with a more constructive framing.

Status
Not open for further replies.