• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Will Devil May Cry 5 be announced at this year's E3?

• Yes

Votes: 977 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 252 20.5%

• Total voters

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
With E3 so close, speculations running wild, hopes and fears growing, I wanted to know, at this 11th hour, with Itsuno and team working on their new title which is likely being announced this year, how many think Devil May Cry 5 is a thing at E3.

So, do you believe DMC5 will be announced at E3? If not, then when? Will or won't it happen at all? Is the franchise dead? Is Itsuno's title something else instead? If so, then is DmC 2 happening, despite NT having confirmed to not be working on anything on that scale?

Relatedly, link invite to the DMC community discord for those interested.
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

X1vmnon.gif

worst case scenario is TGS

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
There's too much smoke, so yes.
I want to believe (insert picture here) but we've been hearing rumors about DMC5 for what seems like years now. It feels like every show with a significant Capcom or Sony presence has had people thinking DMC5 will show up there and they've all been wrong.

Count me as skeptical.

Izanagi89

Oct 27, 2017
I dunno but we will see Itsuno's game at E3, I mean, Capcom needs to announce something going forward as we don't know what their release schedule is looking like and it will probably be DMC, but eh you never know

Deleted member 1326

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. It will probably the most "no shit" announcement. It will have a hard time making an impact because of it. Nothing like RE7 for example.

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe (insert picture here) but we've been hearing rumors about DMC5 for what seems like years now. It feels like every show with a significant Capcom or Sony presence has had people thinking DMC5 will show up there and they've all been wrong.

Count me as skeptical.

Keep in mind that Itsuno's been working on a project since right after DMC4SE and that, barring some planetary alignment voodoo curse, it's probably being announced this year.

Morbius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope so for the sake of OP in that big info dump, very brave to risk a permaban.