• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Devil May Cry 5 be announced at this year's E3?

• Yes

Votes: 977 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 252 20.5%

• Total voters

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
yes

capcpom will drop the capbomb with re2make and dmc5 in the same damn press conference

Oct 29, 2017
NL
Hoping for a DmC2 reveal

OSU3.gif

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Can't believe we are days away. Shit is gonna be hype AF. Got my 8-bit Dante waiting for the announcement.

0SYtoZF.png

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
No. Who'd work on it?
I mean, it doesn't have to be Ninja Theory. In fact, it could be even better if it were someone else iterating on their reboot. I think they had some great ideas with it but it could be taken in some weirder new directions, and actually give new Dante some time to grow past where things ended in DmC.

ignata

Dec 26, 2017
Denver
I am absolutely, positively, 100% convinced that DMC5 will be revealed at E3. It would be almost confusing at this point if it didn't happen. The question of where it will be revealed, that I'm not sure. Sony seems too obvious.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Keep in mind that Itsuno's been working on a project since right after DMC4SE and that, barring some planetary alignment voodoo curse, it's probably being announced this year.
Again, this is exactly what people said for PSX and The Game Awards.

I think I have every right to be a little skeptical at this point.

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Sure. But it's been a year and a half since Itsuno first tweeted that they're working towards an announcement. It'd be strange if it wasn't.

I think at some point people have to accept responsibility on their own part for hyping themselves up. There wasn't really any smoke for TGA or PSX last year. SoS' thread said it wouldn't be at either event. I remained skeptical when people thought Geoff were teasing and said they shouldn't get their hopes up.

Not even 1%? What makes you so confident?

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017

You do but when the director of said game goes out of his way to say something will be announced at the top of 2017 then everybody thought that it would be announced before the end of the year. As the year went on it was coming down to a process of elimination.

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it doesn't have to be Ninja Theory. In fact, it could be even better if it were someone else iterating on their reboot. I think they had some great ideas with it but it could be taken in some weirder new directions, and actually give new Dante some time to grow past where things ended in DmC.

Capcom staff have repeatedly stated that if they were to work on a new DMC title in-house (and all new Capcom titles currently), it would be a follow-up to the original series. I'd be very surprised. Not only considering DmC's poor performance, but also since Itsuno would want to make DMC5.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom said that they aren't outsourcing major titles and that they would be developed in-house. Any hope for a DmC sequel died that moment. I wish people should stop mentioning that game in every DMC thread at this point.

Deleted member 671

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Skeptical about what? Itsuno has confirmed he's working on a new game. Whether it is DMC V or not, unless it's been cancelled, this is at least year 3 he's been working on it. It's going to revealed sooner or later.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Skeptical about what? Itsuno has confirmed he's working on a new game. Whether it is DMC V or not, unless it's been cancelled, this is at least year 3 he's been working on it. It's going to revealed sooner or later.
If the game comes out say Feb. 2019, whatever it is will have been in development for a little over 3 years. Does anybody know how long MHW was in development before it was announced?

Quacktion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Not even 1%? What makes you so confident?
Its been "happening" for so long and I was hyped for so long I just lost interest. Its almost like the more you want something the less likely it is to appear, so right now Im trying to reverse psychology the universe.

isual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
no. i would rather be angry and distruftul and surprised, than optimistic and hopeful and be disappointed.

bluhd

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
At E3 not sales, RE will take all the news cycles.
I disagree both games have a lot hype. In all honesty outside of some other big bomb both of those games would be the biggest games of the entire week.

Also, if both DMCV & REmake2 are revealed, I'm willing to bet that one of the games will be released in 2018.

Deleted member 25108

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The thing that makes me laugh about all this is how paper thin the evidence is. Itsuno is working on a new game. Daniel southworth doesn't understand how the internet works. A random forum poster, with no insider history.

No leaked artwork.
No trademarks.
No hidden websites.
No developers with mentions on CVs.
No retail hints from reputable sites.
No Mechandising hints.

The best argument for this games existence is the fact that a game developer hasn't annouced what he is working on. Everything else is self sustaining speculation on a ever increasingly loud feedback loop.

It's nonsense.

Last edited:

olag

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No. Didnt you get the memo. This is the year of "social online shared world experiences."There is no room for dream E3 announcements this year.

I hope Im wrong thou.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
Hideaki Itsuno's new game is....

Capcom vs SNK 3 let's go.

He's actually expressed a lot of interest in going back to the Rival School series.

But yeah it's DMCV. And I'm glad for that. Hopefully he can supervise some of his other franchise though while he's doing DMCV.

Powerstone 3, Capcom vs SNK 3, and Dragons Dogma 2 would be dope.

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
The thing that makes me laugh about all this is how paper thin the evidence is. Itsuno is working on a new game. Daniel southworth doesn't understand how the internet works. A random forum poster, with no insider history.

No leaked artwork.
No trademarks.
No hidden websites.
No Mechandising hints.

The best argument for this games is existence is the fact that a game developer hasn't annouced what he is working on. Everything else is self sustaining speculation on a every increasingly loud feedback loop.

It's nonsense.

And you forgot how Reuben Langdon thinks we're all living in an alien controlled computer A.I program and nothing is real, but EVERYTHING is real at the same time.

KiNolin

Oct 28, 2017

No leaked artwork.
No trademarks.
No hidden websites.
No Mechandising hints.

The best argument for this games is existence is the fact that a game developer hasn't annouced what he is working on. Everything else is self sustaining speculation on a ever increasingly loud feedback loop.

It's nonsense.

Right, people say there's smoke, but you can all trace it back to people simply making educated guesses, thinking it makes sense and not much more. If there's DMC5, I still wouldn't give credit to any "leaker".

J2d

Oct 26, 2017
I played a few of them a lot but I'm having trouble seeing them have a lot of success in today's market.

Deleted member 25108

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
And you forgot how Reuben Langdon thinks we're all living in an alien controlled computer A.I program and nothing is real, but EVERYTHING is real at the same time.

I genuinely don't know if this is sarcasm, a reference I have obviously missed or just genuine banter.

Regardless, I think people are just setting themselves up for dissapointment. Again.

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
Capcom doesn't have any other major game announced.

Last 3 E3's they've had Monster Hunter, Marvel, Resident Evil 7 and SFV. They're going to show something for sure and DMC5 seems the most reasonable since it was already hinted after the collection...

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Right, people say there's smoke, but you can all trace it back to people simply making educated guesses, thinking it makes sense and not much more. If there's DMC5, I still wouldn't give credit to any "leaker".
People say "there's smoke" about DMC5 since 2+ years before every major event yeah.
And obviously, since there's more and more smoke (legit or not), it usually comes back in a circle with other people saying "hey, I've heard something too" (when it usually circles back to the same source).
Not saying there's nothing legit, but it's indeed paper-thin.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
I think DMC V will be the game which will prove that traditional hack and slash titles can sell well even in today's marketplace assuming it doesn't get fucked by the usual Crapcom DLC shenanigans and it will probably be announced at E3.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find it (at the moment) but there was a slide from one of Capcom's FYE briefings from a few years back. It mentioned that there would be upcoming games in the following franchises. It bolded Dead Rising, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, & Devil May Cry. Well... We've gotten games in all of those franchises except for Devil May Cry.

Also there was ZERO reason for them to remaster DMC4, Capcom wouldn't buff at the time a 7 year old game for no reason.