• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Will Devil May Cry 5 be announced at this year's E3?

• Yes

Votes: 977 79.5%
  • No

Votes: 252 20.5%

• Total voters

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
It will most likely be released on PS4, Xbox One, & PC day and date. PS4 will have some exclusive content like costumes.

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
I can't find it (at the moment) but there was a slide from one of Capcom's FYE briefings from a few years back. It mentioned that there would be upcoming games in the following franchises. It bolded Dead Rising, Monster Hunter, Resident Evil, Street Fighter, & Devil May Cry. Well... We've gotten games in all of those franchises except for Devil May Cry.

Also there was ZERO reason for them to remaster DMC4, Capcom wouldn't buff at the time a 7 year old game for no reason.

Every other franchise has gotten a new entry except DMC. All stars align for its turn this time around.

tsFfo00_d.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me laugh about all this is how paper thin the evidence is. Itsuno is working on a new game. Daniel southworth doesn't understand how the internet works. A random forum poster, with no insider history.

No leaked artwork.
No trademarks.
No hidden websites.
No developers with mentions on CVs.
No retail hints from reputable sites.
No Mechandising hints.

The best argument for this games existence is the fact that a game developer hasn't annouced what he is working on. Everything else is self sustaining speculation on a ever increasingly loud feedback loop.

It's nonsense.

Tbh, the best argument for the game's existence is that Devil May Cry is one of Capcom's most successful franchises. In terms of units shifted, it's number 5 behind Resi, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, and Mega Man. And it's ahead of Dead Rising and Marvel vs Capcom. DMC is the odd one out in that it's lay dormant a lot longer than any of those other series—it's long overdue a sequel.

I know Capcom have a reputation of letting their franchises lie dormant, but they haven't let a series as successful as DMC die yet. It seems highly unlikely that they are not working on a new title.

Yes the evidence that DMC5 will be at e3 is lacking any tangible evidence, but the chances are that the series will continue in some capacity in the future. Throw in the fact that those pushing the rumours are respected members of the community and the likelihood that that continuation is imminent seems pretty high.

Joker13

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
if believe there is just no fucking way it won't be there.

the time has cum, and so have i

kyoP

Oct 26, 2017
No leaked artwork.
No trademarks.
No hidden websites.
No Mechandising hints.

It's nonsense.

By the way, devilmaycry5.com just got created on May 18th through a Japanese domain registration provider which led to onamae.com until yesterday. Now it won't work at all. Not saying this is related to Capcom (could be anybody I guess) but who knows.

whois.com said:

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
The thing that makes me laugh about all this is how paper thin the evidence is. Itsuno is working on a new game. Daniel southworth doesn't understand how the internet works. A random forum poster, with no insider history.

No leaked artwork.
No trademarks.
No hidden websites.
No Mechandising hints.

The best argument for this games existence is the fact that a game developer hasn't annouced what he is working on. Everything else is self sustaining speculation on a ever increasingly loud feedback loop.

It's nonsense.
Not every company is Ubisoft. Capcom is pretty damn good at keeping things under wraps. Look at MHW, nobody really knew much about it, all clues and hints prior to its reveal at E3.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
It gotta be PS4 exclusive with OTS camera. The butthurt wills it.

15280570231737198.gif

15280574022637690.gif

ZeldaGalaxy94

The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Sweden
Dante need to be back and show how a NEXT-GEN character-action game is DONE, Bayonetta is stil stuck in LAST-GEN with Bayo 3, it need some competition.
So DMCV is true.

Love both series

Edit: 666 think/say it Yes

PensivePen

Oct 25, 2017
I say yes despite my better judgement. Though I'm going in with super low expectations this year. I'll be happy this E3 as long as I get to see RE2 or DMC5. There's no way Capcom can disappoint me on both, they have to have something to show this year.

Leek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think so. The DMC HD collection was put out with seemingly no interest or effort on Capcom's part. I wouldn't expect them to have done such a lazy job on it if it was the only DMC we were getting for years to come. Rather, it seems the priority was just to have the whole series playable on modern systems for some reason.

That leak thread is a bit iffy, though. Almost a year before any official announcement and yet it goes into greater detail about the game than you'd expect to hear from official sources in the run up to release. If it turns out to be true then Capcom should probably hire some security guards, because somebody's obviously stolen a design document from their offices.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard people saying "smoke" until this thread. Is this a new thing? You kids and your jargon.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
Not every company is Ubisoft. Capcom is pretty damn good at keeping things under wraps. Look at MHW, nobody really knew much about it, all clues and hints prior to its reveal at E3.
Wait, what

MHW leaked like a sieve years before it was revealed. The problem is that the most notable leak also editorialized it a ton. They put their own biases into their description which lead to misinterpretation of what they said.

I kind of wonder if that is going to happen in some form with a new DMC.

Deleted member 25108

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Tbh, the best argument for the game's existence is that Devil May Cry is one of Capcom's most successful franchises. In terms of units shifted, it's number 5 behind Resi, Monster Hunter, Street Fighter, and Mega Man. And it's ahead of Dead Rising and Marvel vs Capcom. DMC is the odd one out in that it's lay dormant a lot longer than any of those other series—it's long overdue a sequel.

I know Capcom have a reputation of letting their franchises lie dormant, but they haven't let a series as successful as DMC die yet. It seems highly unlikely that they are not working on a new title.

Yes the evidence that DMC5 will be at e3 is lacking any tangible evidence, but the chances are that the series will continue in some capacity in the future. Throw in the fact that those pushing the rumours are respected members of the community and the likelihood that that continuation is imminent seems pretty high.

I can't say I disagree with this. My only contention was the current timeline. DMC will return, but it's not happening any time soon.

Wait, what

MHW leaked like a sieve years before it was revealed. The problem is that the most notable leak also editorialized it a ton. They put their own biases into their description which lead to misinterpretation of what they said.

I wasn't even going to give that post attention TBH. Capcom hasn't been able to prevent leaks for over a decade. If you haven't noticed the leaks for their games you haven't been paying attention.

logash

Oct 27, 2017
I just played through the 3 main games for the first time this year (Skipped 2) and I fell in love with them so god I hope so.

OP
OP
Sesha

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't even going to give that post attention TBH. Capcom hasn't been able to prevent leaks for over a decade. If you haven't noticed the leaks for their games you haven't been paying attention.

Division 2 is the leaky one. Division 1 and 3 don't really leak. DMC in particular hasn't leaked ever outside of DmC.

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Yes. All the rumour bet thread, dmc collection is not a coincidence. Dmc collection is a teaser of something big

Deleted member 42221

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
I want to believe this will happen.

But no, it won't. Not until TGS. I'm honestly expecting this to be a WOAT E3 in general.

Oct 25, 2017
I really want this to happen, but I'm honestly waiting for more concrete evidence than the rumors we currently have.

I'll be happy if it is revealed, but I'm expecting nothing.

EDIT: The domain name registration has made me change my tune, haha.

Last edited:

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what

Can you show me where Monster Hunter World actually leaked before it was revealed. There were tons of hints, clues, & rumors but I don't remember an actual leak.

With this DMC game there are a lot of hints and clues but nothing truly concrete.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
If it's not shown and revealed in typical bombastic E3 fashion with a huge trailer drop in the middle of a press conference, then I do expect that Capcom will at the very least confirm its existence and that it is in development.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can you show me where Monster Hunter World actually leaked before it was revealed. There were tons of hints, clues, & rumors but I don't remember an actual leak.

With this DMC game there are a lot of hints and clues but nothing truly concrete.
He's referring to a 4chan leak that was spot on with a lot of things, but the leaker was biased so he seasoned his leak with some salt and peppers.

Last edited:

Deleted member 671

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't say I disagree with this. My only contention was the current timeline. DMC will return, but it's not happening any time soon.

I mean, if not now, when? 2020? 2023? 2025? Later? The brand is already losing relevance in 2018 due to Capcom's handling. What do you think it would be like in 2025 without a single new entry?

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom doesn't have any other major game announced.

Last 3 E3's they've had Monster Hunter, Marvel, Resident Evil 7 and SFV. They're going to show something for sure and DMC5 seems the most reasonable since it was already hinted after the collection...

You don't think RE2 remake, a game they confirmed they are working on, is more likely than DMC5?

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
He's referring to a 4chan leak that was spot on with a lot of things, but the leaker was biased so he seasoned his leak with some salt and peppers.
In addition, we got ALL of the monsters revealed before release, including the post launch monsters. The only thing that leak didn't have was the name of Kulve Taroth (but they still got her because they called "Treasure Dragon" being in the game).

ColdVergil

Oct 25, 2017
Capcom doesn't have any other major game announced.

Last 3 E3's they've had Monster Hunter, Marvel, Resident Evil 7 and SFV. They're going to show something for sure and DMC5 seems the most reasonable since it was already hinted after the collection...

People are also forgetting that Capcom has done this before. Collection first then new entry, most recent example = Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 then MvCi.