• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What game will you prioritize

• Elden Ring

Votes: 2,207 58.7%
  • Horizon Forbidden West

Votes: 890 23.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 241 6.4%
  • Both, I'll finish one before the other releases

Votes: 352 9.4%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 70 1.9%

• Total voters

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not interested in either of them, but if I play any of them it'll be Horizon. The last game FROM made that I was interested in was Lost Kingdoms, they're a completely irrelevant studio to me.

Macija

Aug 14, 2018
I will buy both day 1, but maybe I will wait until I finish Elden Ring to start Horizon.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
Elden Ring

Horizon could be one of those great sequels that fixes everything, but Fromsoft haven't let me down in years and the first Horizon was just another bland open world title.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
Probably going to rotate between the two. There's not a single FS game where I haven't taken frequent breaks in between because of challenge and play something else for a breather/relaxation.

Grips

Oct 5, 2020
Mainframe
Elden Ring for sure, love all the Souls
I tried so much to get into Horizon but something feels off for me, same for Witcher3... maybe one day?

Arkai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For me Elden Ring, love From Software games and never disappoints. I'm not really fussed for Horizon day one in the off chance it gets an expansion. I'd rather play that and base game together like I did with Zero Dawn.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Elden Ring, easily.

I liked Horizon ZD well enough, but it wasn't anything special to me where I'm josening for the next fix, it can wait for a sale.

Only one of those games could probably be made by Ubisoft if they wanted to.

tumblr_mfczmbe6oB1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
Elden Ring will probably win the poll but Horizon will sell the most (by a lot) overall.

I personally probably won't be picking Elden Ring up as Saints Row comes out the same day.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Horizon. I'm still catching up to the From Software games. After I get my platinum in Control I start DS2.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Souls games are always fun in the beginning when everyone is still figuring stuff out.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring by a mile.

Hopefully I can hold off on Horizon until there's a PC version.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
I am not getting either at launch but if I was to choose I would go with Horizon since it will likely be much more polished.

Elden Ring for some reason is giving me Cyperpunk vibes. Having a delay before a beta type test seems strange, because why delay it before the test when the test could reveal something which requires even further delay.

But who knows maybe it will be great regardless.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
I have very little interest in the Horizon universe. I'm sure the gameplay will be good though.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am not getting either at launch but if I was to choose I would go with Horizon since it will likely be much more polished.

Elden Ring for some reason is giving me Cyperpunk vibes. Having a delay before a beta type test seems strange, because why delay it before the test when the test could reveal something which requires even further delay.

But who knows maybe it will be great regardless.

The test was a network test. Not really the same thing.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i was gonna get both, but now on the same month with the same salary, yep... Elden Ring w/o thinking twice.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring will probably win the poll but Horizon will sell the most (by a lot) overall.

I personally probably won't be picking Elden Ring up as Saints Row comes out the same day.
Both Horizon and Dark Souls 3 cleared 10 million / I don't think the difference is that big.

Elden Ring no contest for me. Horizon is a game I keep meaning to go back because I dropped off after 5 or 6 hours.

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I'll play Horizon eventually and I'm looking forward to it, but It's Elden Ring for me, not even close. The pull of a new Miyazaki game is strong.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Elden Ring for sure. I'll play Horizon in the summer maybe when there are less big releases.

Mau

Oct 25, 2017
Elden Ring. I'm literally planning taking a few days off for it.

I'll check out Horizon FW in the summer most likely

ara

Oct 26, 2017
ER for sure. I didn't really enjoy HZD, though I am still interested in seeing if FW improves on it, particularly on the writing department.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon since I don't care for From Software's Soulslike games. I'd put Saints Row above Elden Ring too.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Elden Ring one thousand percent, one of my most anticipated games in a long time. I will play Horizon 2, but I didn't think the first one was that amazing.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm eagerly anticipating both games but would probably slightly prioritize ER.

That said, I fully expect another short-ish delay forr one of these games, however.