• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Your thought ?

• The demo completely sold me

Votes: 32 29.6%
  • I love the demo but there are area(s) to improve

Votes: 58 53.7%
  • I didn't like the demo, it needs to heavily adjust to convince me

Votes: 14 13.0%
  • I didn't like the demo AT ALL

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Since there is the thread for that discussion but not directly.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mega-man-11-demo-available-now-for-switch.66954/

i really want to know and conclude ERA feedback of MM11 demo. (Perferably Normal difficulty - the way the game is intended to balance to begin with)

So here we go.

My take is,

I am big megaman fan and beat alll game in the series.

I found this demo very hard. the fact that stage feel way longer than classic mega man but you start at same 2xLife is a bit more challenging. It should be 3xlife instead.

Most of stage seems to have well design and enemy placement sometimes just there to annoyed you. I think this level kinda like the first one you should beat but i don't know why they put 2 miniboss in the level.

I personally think joe driving should have more time to get your hit in without using slow function.

The control is... a bit off it feel responsive at first but when you are dealing with more complex input needed (Eg: boss fight) sometimes pressing some button combination my character somewhat not react at all ???

I think we could actually bruteforce it at the end by collecting the bolt and E tank from some stages before tackle the level but it shouldnt be like that.

The visual is pleasure , the music is so so. Overall for now i will give 7/10 for this demo. Potential is here but it kinda have some flaw and balancing will be greatly needed.

I personally feel like i don't want to replay the whole level again given slog the level make me feel. That shouldn't happened at all in mega man level.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
It's great, it's definitely what I want from a mega man. Will there be different difficult settings? (Beside what was offered in the demo)

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Knock back feels a bit longer than it did in the past games. Other than that I don't really have any complaints about the demo.

JoDa

Jan 12, 2018
It felt really good, like it felt like classic mega man, the way its designed and played it felt really familiar and I really wanna play more

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
the 3d models needed more polish, but it's way too late for that. it looks good on Switch's portable mode, I'll say that

Rango

Oct 29, 2017
Demo sold me completely. Very challenging on Normal but that shit felt so good when I finally beat it.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The game's pretty fun, but I really feel like infinite lives should be a thing in this day and age.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I didn't think I would back when the game was announced but I really liked tinkering with the new gameplay additions. And the game looks great in motion. Very excited for the full release.

Nov 4, 2017
I normally hate MM. I thought the slowdown and the charge shot were neat, and the game looks smooth and impressive graphically.

I'm still not sure I really want it, but the fact that I'm saying anything positive about MM gameplay means the demo is a resounding success.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I basically don't have any complaints with the controls, level design or boss fights. All that stuff feels pretty good.

But the presentation could be much better imo. The art style is clean and attractive, but once you get inside the pyramid in Block Man's stage there's hardly anything to look at. The music was pretty blah to me and wasn't helped by its generic electronic sound, either. Mega Man's run animation is really bad and distracting (literally the first thing I noticed in the announcement trailer and it still bothers me) and all the voices are not pleasurable to listen to.

Alexhex

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It's great, I'm in. I think megaman himself needs a slight redesign though, like his head is really weird. Game looks cute otherwise

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There are lots of fixes that need to be done to be perfect

BUT they are small fixes so it totally could be done

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't actually love the demo, but I definitely liked it.

I'm having fun messing with the L and R trigger moves and the level design seems good enough. Not sure about this boss fight though.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Demo was awesome. I really like how challenging it was.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
Maybe my old-school gaming skills have deteriorated, but it was too hard for me.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
I liked the demo quite a bit. The biggest complaint I have is the knock back and how long the stun lasts, but otherwise I'm looking forward for to playing the full game.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Mega Man's voice is very unfitting and they should add the door freeze back but other than that it was good.

sharpforprez

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The gear technique system or whatever is pretty neat, level design isn't a bother like I was anticipating, and the visuals are lively. I'll buy it for $40..it feels good in handheld mode.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
I don't like what they've done to the slide physics, it kills your momentum now. Instead of being a staple of your movement it's more like a dodge roll. Slide should be without consequences.

Also ladder climbing was too slow.

I'd also like to assign two buttons to jump, so I can have fire and jump next to autofire and jump on the same axis. Would have liked an autocharge option though this has been an item in the past and may still be.

Using a button for rush coil was a good idea.

The helicopter enemies were a little hard to tell from the background sometimes.

Andromeda

Oct 27, 2017
So we either loved it or didn't like it ?

Cause I just liked it, it was OK. But I won't buy the full game.

Played the PS4 and Switch demo, the Switch demo felt worse to play for some reason.
That's probably because of higher input lag on Switch, particularly if you played with the joy-cons.

Metal B

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I basically don't have any complaints with the controls, level design or boss fights. All that stuff feels pretty good.

But the presentation could be much better imo. The art style is clean and attractive, but once you get inside the pyramid in Block Man's stage there's hardly anything to look at. The music was pretty blah to me and wasn't helped by its generic electronic sound, either. Mega Man's run animation is really bad and distracting (literally the first thing I noticed in the announcement trailer and it still bothers me) and all the voices are not pleasurable to listen to.
Overall i don't like Mega Man's animation. If you compare it to Smash's version of Mega Man, it really lacks tenseness. In Mega Man 11 Mega Man looks too relaxed and carefree. Which takes away from the danger of the situation.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everything about the demo felt like it lacked polish to me, right down to Mega Man's design, the running animations and VO (which apparently can be turned off, but honestly I shouldn't need to.)

Right now it's on my "wait for it to on sale" list.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I voted the second option, but I overall enjoyed it. Definitely getting the full game at launch. :)

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
Fix the damn zig zagging maze in the first auto scrolling segment. And add more check points, even on the normal difficulty. The stage is way too long for a number they have currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.