• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
New poll finds more than half support impeaching Trump and removing him from office

The Fox News poll found 51% of registered voters want Trump impeached and removed from office and another 4% want the President impeached but not removed from office. Forty percent of respondents were opposed to impeachment altogether.
The poll also showed an increase in support for impeachment across a number of demographics compared with July. Support for impeachment was up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans and 3 points among independents.

Maybe, just maybe, this country is regaining some sanity

Here's the Fox News article with more poll results. I hate giving them clicks, but their polls and supporting articles are typically unbiased. Read the comments at your own risk.

Oh and this country is still largely insane. Somehow, the president's favorably went up 1 percentage point.

Last edited:

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
It's not like more stuff isn't going to come out from this point onwards, so I can't imagine things are going to get more favourable for Trump over time. This means that Republicans might actually start to feel threatened by keeping him in place, which makes impeachment that much more likely.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Impeached and not removed from office? I thought the whole point of the impeachment process was to remove that person from office?

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Why would a Fox News poll support this outcome given how the hack broadcasters are always shilling for him? What's to say that progressives on the down low are participating in this poll?

Oct 27, 2017
I've been thinking recently about how many people (even here) conflate impeachment with conviction in the Senate and removal from office, which may result in underestimation of the public support of just impeachment in polling. And impeachment support is a close indicator of support for removal from office.

OP
OP
Trup1aya

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Why would a Fox News poll support this outcome given how the hack broadcasters are always shilling for him? What's to say that progressives on the down low are participating in this poll?

Fox news polls are conducted scientifically. Their methods wont be any more influenced by political bias than any other reputable poll. respondents are chosen at random, so its impossible for them to limit to just viewers of their shows, for example.

not when the majority of the senate is controlled by the republicans it won't happen

Senate republicans will flip on Trump if doing so becomes politically prudent. Remember, many of them opposed him... until doing so became problematic for Republican voters.

How long till trump starts calling Fox News fake? Find out today!

whats funny is just yesterday he was gloating about how "just 25%" supported his impeachment

Last edited:

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
A majority of the American people supporting impeachment and even removal this early in the process seems like a pretty big deal. I imagine those numbers will only start climbing once the hearings get going in earnest.

Hesemonni

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Superior aggregated results from Fivethirtyeight.com.

image.png

Also, superior watermark just because...

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
I mean more than half of all Americans voted for Clinton. This is not surprising.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
This is beyond "fuck Trump". He is literally endangering the entire world because Russia clearly has dirt on him and he will do their bidding.

He needs to be fucking removed. I'll take the dumb asses republicans in power, more evil sure but at least it's only going to be limited to America and you can vote them out in the next election.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
how long before trump tweets about this being fake news?

He already tweeted about only 25% of people supporting impeachment and removal according to one poll. Twist: That was the REPUBLICAN contingent of a poll showing overall much more support. So he gloated about "only" a QUARTER of Republicans wanting him removed from office. Let that sink in.

The comments on Fox News are apparently already all in on "Fox is now liberal", "well, *I* wasn't asked", "skewed poll" etc.. Some brave sould in the US PoliEra thread went and looked for the rest of OT.

OP
OP
Trup1aya

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
"Well they didn't poll ME, so it can't be that accurate!"

Yeah I ventured to the comments. It's amazing they think their individual opinion would sway the poll results - the poll clearly shows Republicans overwhelmingly support the President. The problem is everyone else has had enough of his shit, and even some Republicans are starting to shift.

Dec 31, 2017
So it's 51% for impeachment AND removal in this poll. Though I suspect much of this is from laypeople being unaware of what the difference is.

This is in conjunction with 3 other polls in the past week that showed >50% support impeachment.

Doesn't look great for him. The momentum is with the democrats, and they should seize it properly.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
The comments on Fox News are apparently already all in on "Fox is now liberal", "well, *I* wasn't asked", "skewed poll" etc.. Some brave sould in the US PoliEra thread went and looked for the rest of OT.

When you brainwashed your audience so hard they turn against you for reporting facts.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I mean more than half of all Americans voted for Clinton. This is not surprising.

The impeachment/removal numbers are up 10-15% since the Ukraine scandal broke and the formal inquiry was announced.

The 25% number Trump cited yesterday was impeachment support from just Republicans, which is terrible news for him.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Fox News poll as well? Phew. Either way, great news, though I can't believe it's not more.

Rogue74

Nov 13, 2017
Miami, FL
Surprised he's not Tweeting about Fox "not working for us" already.

He needs to be very careful with that and he knows it. Much of Fox News has basically been state media and very beneficial for him. If he attacks them too harshly they will completely turn on him and that will accelerate his downfall.

At the same time his ego is such that it will be very difficult for him to remain completely quiet about this.

In other words, Trump must be tormented right now and that makes me happy.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get some top tier polls illustrating changes sine Pelosi announced the inquiry? Increased support now (Ukraine issue) compared to July (idiotic Russia push) was expected from the start.

Every poll in the past two weeks is showing the same number, letting Dems know Ukraine was safe, but unless it starts approaching 60% this isnt going to hurt republicans. Hurting Trump and especially republicans in 2020 is literally the only worthwhile value to be gained from this effort. This can't stagnate at 50%.

what were the polls like for Nixon?

According to Gallup's polling after he was impeached, 57% said he should be removed from office. His approval rating was 31%.

Last edited:

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
He needs to be very careful with that and he knows it. Much of Fox News has basically been state media and very beneficial for him. If he attacks them too harshly they will completely turn on him and that will accelerate his downfall.

At the same time his ego is such that it will be very difficult for him to remain completely quiet about this.

In other words, Trump must be tormented right now and that makes me happy.

Logically you think that, however he has done it before and within Fox the last two weeks the commentators themselves have been attacking each other over Trump criticism. There's an on air mini civil war there lately. Lou Dobbs and Hannity and others vs Wallace, Smith and others.

Hannity and Dobbs will never turn on Trump I'm convinced. Even Tucker Carlson said some critical things about the Ukraine thing lately. When fox news can't defend you after all the shit they defended you on before you know this is the most in danger trump has ever been.