• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Trup1aya

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Can we get some top tier polls illustrating changes sine Pelosi announced the inquiry? Increased support now (Ukraine issue) compared to July (idiotic Russia push) was expected from the start.

Every poll in the past two weeks is showing the same number, letting Dems know Ukraine was safe, but unless it starts approaching 60% this isnt going to hurt republicans. Hurting Trump and especially republicans in 2020 is literally the only worthwhile value to be gained from this effort. This can't stagnate at 50%.

According to Gallup's polling after he was impeached, 57% said he should be removed from office. His approval rating was 31%.

This poll provides this info

A new high of 51 percent wants Trump impeached and removed from office, another 4 percent want him impeached but not removed, and 40 percent oppose impeachment altogether. In July, 42 percent favored impeachment and removal, while 5 percent said impeach but don't remove him, and 45 percent opposed impeachment.

Since July, support for impeachment increased among voters of all stripes: up 11 points among Democrats, 5 points among Republicans and 3 among independents. Support also went up among some of Trump's key constituencies, including white evangelical Christians (+5 points), white men without a college degree (+8), and rural whites (+10).

IMO what's more likely to happen than Trump's removal from office is irreparable harm to the republican party if the impeachment findings thwart his reelection campaign.

If association with Trump become poison in the eyes of independents and moderates then Republican officials will be fucked for enabling him

Erpy

May 31, 2018
Damn! Trump is fucked.

Don't be too sure. Due to the political polarization process and the existence of a right-wing media eco-system, Trump's electoral floor lies a lot higher than Nixon's. Senate Republicans know sticking with Trump will eventually cause a backlash. They're just convinced that ditching him would produce a much bigger backlash. Trump will still not be removed. Whether he'll eke out another electoral college win is another matter.

OP
OP
Trup1aya

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Nixon's Senate Republicans had spines and morals.

Not really. They tip-toed around the issue and supported him until undeniable evidence came out. Then they still didn't need want to vote him out so they pressured him to resign, thinking they could have their cake and eat it too.

Republican voters didn't forgive their leaders for not supporting Nixon enough, and they got blown out in followup elections.

Unfortunately, I think the lesson they learned from Nixon is support the president regardless of circumstances, so we'll have depended on moderate, independent, apolitical America get these clowns out of office the old fashioned way.

Last edited:

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Everything is fine!

From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good @FoxNews Poll. Whoever their Pollster is, they suck. But @FoxNews is also much different than it used to be in the good old days. With people like Andrew Napolitano, who wanted to be a Supreme Court Justice & I turned him down (he's been terrible ever since), Shep Smith, @donnabrazile (who gave Crooked Hillary the debate questions & got fired from @CNN), & others, @FoxNews doesn't deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I'm President!

Oh well, he is President.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Everything is fine!

From the day I announced I was running for President, I have NEVER had a good @FoxNews Poll. Whoever their Pollster is, they suck. But @FoxNews is also much different than it used to be in the good old days. With people like Andrew Napolitano, who wanted to be a Supreme Court Justice & I turned him down (he's been terrible ever since), Shep Smith, @donnabrazile (who gave Crooked Hillary the debate questions & got fired from @CNN), & others, @FoxNews doesn't deliver for US anymore. It is so different than it used to be. Oh well, I'm President!

This is kind of amazing, honestly. He really is a nine-year-old.

OP
OP
Trup1aya

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Everything is fine!

Polls, basically the only the unbiased work Fox News produces, and he can't handle it. He and his supporters unironically complaining that fox isn't biased enough. This is astonishing.

BFIB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That poll is extremely telling. It's through the looking Glass of indoctrinated FoxNews viewers.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
PRESIDENTIAL BULLYING .. by the american people

With Drudge Report seeming to stop carrying Trump's water on this and really getting into the impeachment inquiry, I wonder how that's going to influence these polls worse and worse for Trump. While the conservative media is still in Trump's corner, momentum has swung against him, especially now with the Turkey/Kurdish/Syria fiasco (which I think some Republicans in congress are using as a proxy to try to pretend that they have spines), and you wonder how long for each domino to fall.

I'm fascinated by those 4% who are either really tuned in or really tuned out.