• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

On which current-gen gaming platform do you play the most these days?

• PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 4 Pro

• Xbox One / Xbox One X

• Nintendo Switch

• Gaming PC

Results are only viewable after voting.

Flon

Is Here to Kill Chaos
Oct 27, 2017
PS4 is likely the most, followed by Switch. I don't have an Xbox One.

However, the PS3 and Vita fit somewhere around Switch too.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ever since the Switch came out its easily dwarfed the playtime of my other consoles and PC.

hersheyfan

Oct 25, 2017
Manila, Philippines
Easily PC, I've reached a critical mass of games on there where theres always some unplayed, awesome game to try (without having to spend any more money) if I get into a rut with whatever I'm playing.

The Switch is a distant, but still significant, second place because of its portability - not really for playing outside, but for playing in bed before nodding off (I'd say 60% PC, 30% Switch). It's usually an indie game powerhouse, but for the past few weeks its been Fire Emblem all day every day.

The PS4 Pro gets most of the remaining time - I'm still nursing DQB2 and Spiderman, and fire them up from time to time.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Gaming PC with Civ 6 but once The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding and Ghost of Tsushima come out Civ can have a wee rest. My PC probably can't run Cyberpunk 2077 either so my PS4 Pro will have to. So PC right now but once games I want start coming out my PS4 is going to cry for help.

HeeHo

Oct 27, 2017
I play on PS4 mostly.

Achievement systems are king to me. I play less on PC and Switch(even though I want to) because of a lack of a system. If I play Fire Emblem for 80 hours I want something to show for it! As for PC, the achievements on steam just lack the sound effects and oomph of Xbox and PS4. I don't know if that makes me shallow but it's how I feel.

Deleted member 39144

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Switch takes about 70% of my game time. Since I got GamePass, the One X takes about 20% (although my other half plays more on that - he's Forza obsessed). The PS4 has dropped off dramatically this year and only gets turned on for the occasional game of Tetris Effect, so that's about 7%, my gaming PC which I spent ÂŁ3K on last year barely gets used.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
PC > PS4 Pro >>>> Switch >>>>>>>> Xbox One X (which is not even hooked up anymore, but I keep it around since they go dirt cheap second hand so selling it is not an option)

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
I was just about all PS4 until Gamepass. Now I always power on my Xbox and see what I'm going to play next.

Vinnk

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
Nintendo Switch and it's not even close. After that PS4 for exclusives. But if a game has the chance of a Switch port I will wait. I have 4 kids and the Switch with it's "play anywhere for a few minutes" ability is the only way I can finish games these days.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Game Pass has been phenomenal on Xbox this year so I barely have time for anything else. Sony's and Nintendo's first party are delivering though so I'm super happy to have those consoles as well.

Abdiel

Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing my switch for the first time this year with Fire Emblem. It's a professional dust collector 99% of the time. But it gets some exclusive RPGs that I do like to play, so I'll still use it. My PS4 Pro is the absolute lion's share of my gaming time. I will always buy any multi-plat there. Preference for controller, library, performance, multiplayer with friends, etc.

I only own my Switch for exclusive RPGs, I don't care about Nintendo's franchises other than like, Fire Emblem, I played Xenoblade 2, that sorta thing.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I've played more Xbox 1 this year then any other year thanks to Game Pass, but it trails behind my PS4 where I buy most of my games. The Switch on the other hand I haven't played since April. I do want to check out Fire Emblem Three Houses though and will try to find time before the end of the year.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Currently it's Switch>Vita>Wii U=PS4>3DS.

PS4 will probably rise once I get a trigger grip for my Vita to make remote play easier.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Started PS4, switched to Xbox, may switch to PC with destiny cross save.
Come next gen home console it will depend on whose system makes third party games look the best.

Deleted member 10234

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Switch and PC pretty much tied. With PC Gamepass coming out maybe a bit more on PC in the last couple of months as I went through their initial offerings.

I had a PS4 but sold it since it got so little use, haven't had an Xbox One.

Oct 27, 2017
Split between Switch and PC. Moreso Switch recently due to Fire Emblem. I haven't touched a game on PS4 or Xbox in well over a year.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Hmmm, technically my PC, but that is mostly for emulation up through Wii and older PC games. If we are talking games released within the last couple years, it'd be Switch no doubt

Guaraná

Oct 25, 2017
brazil, unfortunately
90% of the time on Switch.
Played 53 hours on the hybrid in the last 8 days.

IMG_20190817_035815.jpg

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
According to my gaming stats in 2019....

Steam/PC: 94 hours
PS3: 83 hours
3DS: 60 hours
PSP: 48 hours
DS: 45 hours
PS4: 11 hours

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
It's a pretty equal split for me between PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and Switch. I use the Switch pretty much daily in shorter bursts, while home console gaming is 50/50 PS4 and Xbox.

Apr 8, 2018
Xbox One X.

Xbox has been my go to platform ever since I got a X360 Slim and Halo Reach for Christmas in 2010. Also, most of my friends are on Xbox and I prefer their ecosystem/services way more than Playstation's.

OP
OP
akasha

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
The almost equal split between PS4, PC, Switch right now is quite interesting, given that the PS4 has sold over 100mio units, and the Switch has not even passend 40mio yet (is there an estimated similar number for gaming PCs?)...

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Probably 80% ps4 and 20% pc at the moment. Switch isn't even a factor and I don't see that changing.

Descendant

Nov 2, 2017
Usually it's on my PS4 Pro, but it's been all about the Switch ever since I started Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Oct 25, 2017
I prioritize my PC, then my Switch, then my Xbone. I don't own a PS4 and have very little experience with the PlayStation ecosystem in general.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
PC, i play a lot of Console exclusives, but PC's library can get overwhelming with it's backlog, so it's hard to stay away from it for long, if there is an old game i feel like playing like Doom or Max Payne or whatever, it's probably on PC too. if PS4 had BC with 3 PS consoles, i might stick to PS4 a bit more than PC at times.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Moved to PC back in 2016 and don't regret it for a second. I've missed out on a very small number of exclusives that interest me, a small price to pay.

With Game Pass for PC, you could say I play most in the Xbox ecosystem when talking the Big 3.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
The almost equal split between PS4, PC, Switch right now is quite interesting, given that the PS4 has sold over 100mio units, and the Switch has not even passend 40mio yet (is there an estimated similar number for gaming PCs?)...
Im surprised to see PC that high on era, if publishers stopped delaying PC versions like RDR2 & CTR Nitro for no reason, it might take the no.1 spot.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The boner. I've scaled back on PC gaming these days and ever since getting the X I've played on it more than my PS4.

Kaveri

Oct 28, 2017
I play mostly on PS4, followed by PC and then Switch. But that said, I have not playing a lot of new games lately, been working my way through the backlog before next gen.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
PC

I haven't touched my PS4 since May and I've probably used my Switch three times this year.