• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Fire Emblem Smash hero gains your allegiance?

• All Hail King Marth!

• Roy's my Boy!

• I like Ike!

• I love Lucina!

• Count me in for Chrom!

Results are only viewable after voting.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Just a fun and curious poll. Among the Fire Emblem sword-wielders, if all were to be cut except for one...whom would you choose to remain?

Edit: Should be noted that Corrin and Robin are safe given their movesets are more individualized and unique. Choosing them would largely mean the pure swordfighter would be cut entirely from the game! Thus the focus was purely on the sword-class and those two remain safe.

1) Marth - (First FE hero but Westerners only know him from Smash and a terrible remake)
250px-Marth_SSBU.png

2) Roy - (There is no evidence that he exists outside of Smash. NOA is very mum on his origins and refuses to acknowledge rumors that indeed a FE videogame exists with him in a starring role. Old wives tales truly.)
250px-Roy_SSBU.png

3) Ike - (Many recount of the glory of this hero's Gamecube and Wii adventures. Sadly, time has turned these fables into myths as even Nintendo seems to have forgotten the legacy and refuses to allow future generations the chance to hear them anew.)
250px-Ike_SSBU.png

4) Lucina - (3DS owners know her true background and secret identity...as possibly the one true Smash swordwielder?)
250px-Lucina_SSBU.png

5) Chrom - (More interested in marriage than warfare, or at least based on player feedback. Who did you hook him up with?)
250px-Chrom_SSBU.png

Last edited:

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I love them all, but I wish we could have a sword user, a lance user, an axe user, a mage and a beast/dragon.

Stowaway Silfer

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like Ike!
I love them all, but I wish we could have a sword user, a lance user, an axe user, a mage and a beast/dragon.
Fire Emlem Warriors is the only actual FE game I've played and when I got into it, I was like "wait there are people without swords in this?!" lol. It's weird that FE has all those classes and yet only sword users get represented.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
It is either Marth or Roy

Marth because he fits the "protagonist of the frnachise" idea of only one character in the roster and Roy because he is basically one of those "smash only" characters like Captain Falcon at this point

Tibarn

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I voted Marth, as he is the original FE lord, but I'm far more attached to Ike, as the Tellius games are my favorite FE games.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Marth has seniority, Ike had his time but I dont think he's that popular anymore, Chrom was from a very sucessful game that a lot of people played but I think Lucina had the more interesting role in Awakening and she's a waifu to a bunch of people so they'd probably want her over her dad.

I'd choose Chrom since Awakening was my first Fire Emblem. Roy who?

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I voted for Roy because he's basically a Smash Bros. character, not a Fire Emblem character. He was introduced in Smash and is basically only known for Smash. He's the one true Smash swordfighter.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite to play is Roy and Ike, but Marth is the OG.

Also weird how Ike is included, but Corrin isn't. They have the same template as the others. Robin gets a pass (more of a spellsword than a swordsman).

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I lovveeeeeee playing as Ike

But Marth is the face of the franchise x.x

Im conflicted

Also Roy was soooo cooooool in melee

My heart <3

Anyway I'd definitely cut Lucina, Corrin, chrom
.....I wanna cut Robin too but he's soooo uniqueeeeee would be shame if he were to go

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lucina, definitely. Gets frame priority, and is generally a fantastically well balanced character. She has become my main (I was expecting to main Link again).

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I had to look at the pictures to even make sure I knew which one was which.

Aren't there like three missing from this poll though?

wiill64

Oct 30, 2017
If I could only have one it's Ike. He's still one of my favourite FE characters and is one of my favourite characters to play as in Smash.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Marth. I prefer ike but Marth is obviously the most eminent fire emblem character in the smash franchise.

OP
OP
No Depth

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Also weird how Ike is included, but Corrin isn't. They have the same template as the others. Robin gets a pass (more of a spellsword than a swordsman).

I waffled over including Corrin. I knew there would be a case for inclusion and given there is just enough differentiation with the Dragon abilities and moveset, felt ultimately he/she adds a bit more diversity than the rest. I mean could you feel comfortable cutting all 5 of the above if Corrin remained? Feels like there is much more shared with the listed than with Corrin.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Ike because, while I love Roy, the sole sword-wielding Lord representing Fire Emblem should be blue-haired... and Marth and Chrom are lame. Lucina's another option.

Really, though, trade them for some lance or axe-wielders. Hector, Ephraim, Edelgard... whoever. Between this and Warriors, sword users are far too highly represented for a series rooted in the weapon triangle.

Ike's also totally queer representation. don't @ me.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Marth because he's Marth.

That said the Tellius duology are my favorite FE games so I'd want Ike to remain as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Marth is the original and the codifier of the Fire Emblem design trope in Smash. If everyone else is cut, it should be him that survives.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Like.
It's Marth. He's the original. If you insist on framing it as cuts.

I really enjoy playing Ike and Robin though. I think all the FE characters got a second wind based on their popularity in the mobile game, which may be part of why they have more reps.

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
If we only could have one, I think Marth would have to be the one to stay. He's not my favorite, but he's sort of the Smash root and a classic FE character.

If we could have more than 1, I think it would make sense to keep Ike, Robin, and Corrin as well for their different styles.

I like Ike!

Fire Emlem Warriors is the only actual FE game I've played and when I got into it, I was like "wait there are people without swords in this?!" lol. It's weird that FE has all those classes and yet only sword users get represented.

If you play a mainline game, you'll discover even more unit types, since FEW was not exhaustive.

johnsavage

Oct 27, 2017
Lucina because she's the best (even if she is a Marth echo). I was happiest to get her amiibo more than any other smash amiibo.