• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which Fire Emblem Smash hero gains your allegiance?

• All Hail King Marth!

• Roy's my Boy!

• I like Ike!

• I love Lucina!

• Count me in for Chrom!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Marth is the clear winner, and the OG.

I would also argue for excluding Ike from this comparison, as he is much more unique than the others.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be Marth, even if it's just because of his years of history in Melee. That being said Chrom has the best moveset of all 5 and would be the one I would choose if it was just about their gameplay

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
Marth, Roy, and Ike have 3 variants in Heroes. Chrom 4. Lucina 5. The people have spoken, Lucy it is.

Just go with Marth. He's got seniority and represents the old school games the best.

OP
OP
No Depth

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Why is Corrin not even an option?

2806723-1586194726-latest

Updated the OP to explain that she remains safe from cut as her focus and moveset differs a bit too much from the rest to the extent that removing all swordfighters for her survival would mean effectively an entire character moveset is removed wholesale. Thus she and Robin remain.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Depsite Roy, being MY BOY! its got to be Ike because i love hard hitting characters.

But ill keep lucina too. Fuck Chrom and Marth who cares

Tambini

Oct 25, 2017
Having not played Fire Emblem I'll go with the one who doesn't look exactly the same as the others

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ike is my favorite FE character, but my vote goes to Marth since he is the OG, it would just feel wrong to cut Marth.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Marth gets OG points, but I votes Lucina. I think if Smash was being made from scratch today she'd be the go to choice for FE.

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
It's Marth. Ike can stay too though. The rest really should've been replaced with more unique characters. They have so many axe- and lance-wielders and mages to choose from, so it's always kind of a shame they keep going back to the sword users. Even with Robin and Corrin where they're mechanically different, the visual difference of a Hector or Ephraim or Lyn or whoever else would really be appreciated.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
i always considered ike as more of a completely asexual guy.

Intended homosexuality is sometimes read as asexuality because writers won't or can't write explicitly homosexual pairings — especially for two men — due to censorship issues or potential backlash.

In reality, Ike has paired endings with two different men, one of whom he has a very emotionally-charged relationship with. If one of them were a woman, the implication of their pairing would never be questioned.

I'd really recommend that analysis I linked earlier; it goes into a lot of these issues and the original Japanese text as well.

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the OP to explain that she remains safe from cut as her focus and moveset differs a bit too much from the rest to the extent that removing all swordfighters for her survival would mean effectively an entire character moveset is removed wholesale. Thus she and Robin remain.
Then why Ike is in the poll?

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Personal ranking would be Lucina > Marth > Chrom > Ike > Roy, but Marth is the one true Smash Bros Swordie.

Ike is pretty different with his move set though, find it hard to lump him in. He felt completely unique back in Brawl when it was just Marth and Ike. He swings a sword but it felt more like an axe, lol.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna get into the Ike debate as I hadn't played his games but how do you explain this guy?

Not trying to be smart I'm curious.

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd prefer to keep 'em all, but with different weaponry where possible. Or hell, just different moves if we can't change weaponry.

Or maybe we just take out all the Fire Emblem characters and let Arcsys make a 2D anime fighter with tons of Fire Emblem characters in it.

But to answer the question, Roy's always been my boy.

Disclaimer

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not gonna get into the Ike debate as I hadn't played his games but how do you explain this guy?

Not trying to be smart I'm curious.

Outrealm bullshit to contrive a reference — his Japanese name is Ike's earliest known development name. I don't think it needs to be explained, because it's immaterial to the canon presented in the actual Tellius games, by different writers to boot.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
They're not going to cut FE cast at this point, they doubled down.

But if only one was considered it's Marth, no question.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I would pick Ike, but simply because he is the most fundamentals oriented FE character in the roster. He is essentially SSB's "Ryu" in that by learning Ike, you'll learn the fundamentals you need to play every single character competitively.

Marth and Lucina are similar, but they have their own "top tier privilege" that doesn't necessarily translate to every other matchup or cast member.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
If Corrin and Robin get exemptions for unique gameplay, Ike getting grouped with the other FE characters is unfair anyway, he's a different archetype compared to the Marth echo line. Just happens to have a sword. Yeah his down B is a counter but so is Corrin's!

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Outrealm bullshit to contrive a reference — his Japanese name is Ike's earliest known development name. I don't think it needs to be explained, because it's immaterial to the canon presented in the actual Tellius games, by different writers to boot.
You can still be gay and have offsprings due to royal needs or whatnot.
Both fair points.

I never played Ike's games(collection when Nintendo?) so I'm not familiar with his relationships so I was wondering.

Oct 30, 2017
United States
Going by who would kick the most but if they were to face each other in the FE universe, I've got to give it to my man Ike! Even the laguz royal (who can each potentially solo the last map in Radiant dawn) knew that he was a G.